Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? 20:16 - Jul 6 with 2013 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:20 - Jul 6 with 1618 viewsMattinLondon

What I don’t like is when both teams wear all one colour (but obviously different to one another). Just seems dull and looks silly.
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:20 - Jul 6 with 1620 viewsZx1988

I think it’s a UEFA thing aimed at creating contrast in kits. Generally the setup will be light vs. dark.

I’d imagine that it helps the visually impaired, as well as those still watching in black and white.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 20:21]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:22 - Jul 6 with 1602 viewsOldboy

Spain have to wear their away kit (they are officially the away side) and shorts would clash.
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:22 - Jul 6 with 1597 viewsgainsboroughblue

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:20 - Jul 6 by Zx1988

I think it’s a UEFA thing aimed at creating contrast in kits. Generally the setup will be light vs. dark.

I’d imagine that it helps the visually impaired, as well as those still watching in black and white.

I was actually surprised we didn't wear red against Ukraine the other day. White/yellow didn't seem much of a contrast to me.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:28 - Jul 6 with 1558 viewsBryanPlug

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:22 - Jul 6 by Oldboy

Spain have to wear their away kit (they are officially the away side) and shorts would clash.

[content removed at owner's request]

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:29 - Jul 6 with 1552 viewsBryanPlug

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:30 - Jul 6 with 1543 viewsMattinLondon

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:29 - Jul 6 by BryanPlug

To be fair if it’s to help the visually impaired then it’s a pretty good reason.
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:31 - Jul 6 with 1542 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:20 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

What I don’t like is when both teams wear all one colour (but obviously different to one another). Just seems dull and looks silly.

Who has black and white tv?
Login to get fewer ads

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:38 - Jul 6 with 1515 viewsBlueBadger

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:29 - Jul 6 by BryanPlug

But it hurts literally no-one and might even help a few people enjoy it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:42 - Jul 6 with 1501 viewsMerseyBlue

Yeah it has to be this really, some combinations which don't clash to the average person are almost indistinguishable for some people with colour blindness.

I'd like to see the teams in their proper strips - England with blue shorts, Portugal with green shorts etc. but that's just me being selfish. If it helps more people enjoy the game then it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:46 - Jul 6 with 1487 viewsBryanPlug

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:42 - Jul 6 by MerseyBlue

Yeah it has to be this really, some combinations which don't clash to the average person are almost indistinguishable for some people with colour blindness.

I'd like to see the teams in their proper strips - England with blue shorts, Portugal with green shorts etc. but that's just me being selfish. If it helps more people enjoy the game then it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:49 - Jul 6 with 1472 viewsBlueBadger

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:46 - Jul 6 by BryanPlug

You do know that visual impairments beyond colour blindness exist, right?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:49 - Jul 6 with 1474 viewsBarcaBlue

Spain are channeling their inner Real Madrid as their players are not represented.
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:50 - Jul 6 with 1470 viewsjaykay

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:30 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

To be fair if it’s to help the visually impaired then it’s a pretty good reason.

yep . also how can wearing a different kit , spoil a game of football

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:51 - Jul 6 with 1460 viewsMerseyBlue

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:46 - Jul 6 by BryanPlug

Well you should look into the 'colour rush' series of matches they played in the NFL then, which drew a lot of complaints from, you guessed it, colour blind people.

As Badger says, that's not the only visual impairment that exists but it's the most obvious example when you're talking about kits colours and visibility...
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 20:52]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:53 - Jul 6 with 1437 viewsjeera

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:31 - Jul 6 by BtreeBlueBlood

Mine is mostly silver with some black trim.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:53 - Jul 6 with 1436 viewsBlueBadger

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:50 - Jul 6 by jaykay

yep . also how can wearing a different kit , spoil a game of football

Plugsy is a weird fella. Three seasons of getting relegated and playing chanceless football in the third division under our worst ever manager didn't ruin football for him but some different coloured shirts are.

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:54 - Jul 6 with 1435 viewsBluespeed225

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:42 - Jul 6 by MerseyBlue

I do like the Portugese shade of red. Is it red?
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:58 - Jul 6 with 1423 viewsMerseyBlue

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:54 - Jul 6 by Bluespeed225

I do like the Portugese shade of red. Is it red?

Apparently it can vary between 'deep burgundy and bright scarlet' although I tend to prefer the ones that are closer to burgundy myself.

Yeah, they're red.

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 21:20 - Jul 6 with 1362 viewsGogs

I did wonder why England v Ukraine was played Yellow v White, albeit England with their dark blue shorts. If it was done with the purpose of helping visually impaired viewers / B&W tv users (probably still a fair few of them in sub-Saharan Africa and parts of Asia) then that wasn't much of a contrast. Maybe England Or Ukriane forgot to pack their blue kits?
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 09:28 - Jul 7 with 1127 viewsRadlett_blue

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:30 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

I bet that's a convenient excuse for UEFA to mandate the wearing of 2nd/3rd kits. It should only be a small thing, but it definitely detracts from the spectacle. UEFA also came out with some nonsense a few years ago when they wanted countries to wear all white, blue, red or whatever, turning the Euros into a game of table football.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 09:43 - Jul 7 with 1104 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 20:31 - Jul 6 by BtreeBlueBlood

Snooker fans

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 09:47 - Jul 7 with 1096 viewsChiefXL

It's exactly this
UEFA works really closely with colour-blind and visually impaired charities (I'm not making this up) and the light/dark contrast is the most helpful for them

So tonight will either be England in white vs Denmark in red or England in blue vs Denmark in white. It cannot be England in blue and Denmark in red.
Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 10:20 - Jul 7 with 1052 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Portugal haven't worn green shorts for some time. They are returning to them with their next kit however.

Italy's first choice kit at the moment is navy shorts. If England make the final they'll likely wear all white unless Italy wear white shorts, then it'll be navy shorts for England.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Why are so many teams not wearing their proper kits? on 10:22 - Jul 7 with 1047 viewsBlueRaider

I thought it was that too, but then England and Ukraine played in White v Yellow which is less of a contrast than red v blue surely ?

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024