Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...how we feeling about Saturday? 11:25 - Sep 23 with 1709 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I'm moderately confident.

I'd take any score that had Sheff W 0 at the end of it, but I'd hope we can win with a goal from Celina.

Maybe a late one from Norwood coming off the bench.

But I'd guess Weds on paper are our toughest game so far.

Tough one to call.

Walton back in or did Vas do enough? Edwards on the bench?

Not sure...

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 11:54 - Sep 23 with 1625 viewsjayessess

Trying not to get my hopes up too much about this one, because I don't trust our consistency at the moment, but ... logically, it feels like a home win to me.

Wednesday are one of the lowest scorers in the division, so unless we self-destruct they shouldn't be too much of a threat. They've no win in 3, including a home draw with near enough the worst team in the league and 2 away defeats to fairly modest opposition. We, logically, should be getting more cohesive by the week, are on a high from breaking our duck and have more than enough attacking options to hurt a team that can't score.

My gut is worried, but my head says 2-0 win (Celina and Bonne the scorers).
Line-up, leave it as is, with Penney in for Coulson, and returnees to the bench.

Would be a big big one to win, keeps us firmly on track just in time for Morsy to improve us further and hopefully an October winning run.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 11:57 - Sep 23 with 1610 viewsOsborneOneNil

I'm confident, 2-0.

It would set us up nicely for Donny at home next.
So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:01 - Sep 23 with 1594 viewsSouperJim

They've failed to score in 3 of their 4 away games so far. In fact I think they're the lowest scoring side outside the bottom 3.

Quietly confident that we can build on the decent defensive performance at Lincoln. Presuming we get no individual errors, I think a nice 2-0 win isn't out of the question.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:08 - Sep 23 with 1567 viewsKieran_Knows

1-0 home win.

Hopefully an unchanged side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:29 - Sep 23 with 1514 viewsSomethingBlue

It's a big game — they aren't in great form but have individuals you'd expect to step it up in this kind of fixture. Berahino, Bannan, Gregory all problematic. In fact look at both squads and it's crazy to see some of these players in L1 and speaks of how the division's quality is rising dramatically. I expect a draw but if we can come out of this one with three points then we'll look very well placed to start rolling.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:41 - Sep 23 with 1433 viewsChrisd

It’s an important game for a number of reasons. Firstly, the fact that Wednesday are a significant opponent and potential promotion rival, secondly to build on last week’s victory at Lincoln, thirdly we have a run of winnable games after Saturday which could build momentum and see us seriously climb the table and finally the number of times we have failed to deliver in front of a large home ground over recent seasons is considerable. Personally, it seems a good time to play the Owls and it would be fantastic if we could deliver 3 points and a convincing performance against a very competitive L1 opponent.

I’m hopeful, but not overly confident. I need more convincing yet as there are still plenty of questions that need answering, but a win on Saturday would certainly help.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:51 - Sep 23 with 1372 viewsBlue_Order

A 2-1 win and a raucous north stand atmosphere.
So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:56 - Sep 23 with 1355 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:51 - Sep 23 by Blue_Order

A 2-1 win and a raucous north stand atmosphere.

Any word on the display situation?
Login to get fewer ads

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 13:22 - Sep 23 with 1282 viewsMetal_Hacker

Locals up here in Sheffield aren't too optimistic - pretty much like us I suppose

Majority of my customers are Wednesday fans and most of them saying we'll win

By all accounts they were played off the park by Plymouth the other week and had nothing in an attacking sense

Here's hoping ---- 2-0
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 13:24]

Poll: If it were one or the other

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 16:12 - Sep 23 with 1082 views3_5_2

Nailed on home win

Not for any other reason that due to a family get together, I wont be there for the first time this season so bound to win

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 17:08 - Sep 23 with 995 viewsBlue_Order

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 12:56 - Sep 23 by abracaDOBRA_

Any word on the display situation?

Just posted mate. Got one planned for Saturday 👍
So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 18:21 - Sep 23 with 921 viewsbobbyramsey

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 11:54 - Sep 23 by jayessess

Trying not to get my hopes up too much about this one, because I don't trust our consistency at the moment, but ... logically, it feels like a home win to me.

Wednesday are one of the lowest scorers in the division, so unless we self-destruct they shouldn't be too much of a threat. They've no win in 3, including a home draw with near enough the worst team in the league and 2 away defeats to fairly modest opposition. We, logically, should be getting more cohesive by the week, are on a high from breaking our duck and have more than enough attacking options to hurt a team that can't score.

My gut is worried, but my head says 2-0 win (Celina and Bonne the scorers).
Line-up, leave it as is, with Penney in for Coulson, and returnees to the bench.

Would be a big big one to win, keeps us firmly on track just in time for Morsy to improve us further and hopefully an October winning run.

I like the cut of your jib....
So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 19:30 - Sep 23 with 827 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 17:08 - Sep 23 by Blue_Order

Just posted mate. Got one planned for Saturday 👍

Lovely stuff. Look forward to it, in section 5 so should be a good atmosphere!
So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 20:03 - Sep 23 with 777 viewsjas0999

We need to win.
So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 20:14 - Sep 23 with 765 viewsTheBoyBlue

Hopefully getting that first win under the belt has restored some belief, because this is clearly a really good side, who when full of confidence and playing well will win most of their games at this level. Much more hopeful of a win than I was a week ago, but conditioned to expect the worst!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

So...how we feeling about Saturday? on 22:07 - Sep 23 with 677 viewsChurchman

Thanks to last weeks win (ok, it’s only a start) I’m feeling quite relaxed about it. I’d love us to keep a clean sheet, first and foremost. 1-0 Town? Fingers, knees and toes crossed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024