Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrol 07:55 - Sep 27 with 5914 viewssaffers12

Just seen women putting 2.99 in her range rover

Great Britain!!!
Petrol on 07:56 - Sep 27 with 4028 viewsMetal_Hacker

Stop the world I want to get off !

Poll: If it were one or the other

Petrol on 07:57 - Sep 27 with 4012 viewssaffers12

Petrol on 07:56 - Sep 27 by Metal_Hacker

Stop the world I want to get off !

I did say something...luckily was not wearing my staff kit at the time
Petrol on 07:59 - Sep 27 with 3997 viewsDeano69

Not sure that would be enough to drive off the forecourt

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Petrol on 08:01 - Sep 27 with 3982 viewssaffers12

Petrol on 07:59 - Sep 27 by Deano69

Not sure that would be enough to drive off the forecourt

think she did but then drove round again for another top up
Petrol on 08:08 - Sep 27 with 3946 viewsBluespeed225

Ah, PCP Range Rover Evoque driving middle aged ‘blondes’. A plague on their houses. They watch a reality show, they need the motor and need to show it off. The biggest cliche after ripped jeans on overweight young men. Part of me is quite enjoying all this.
Petrol on 08:12 - Sep 27 with 3921 viewssaffers12

Petrol on 08:08 - Sep 27 by Bluespeed225

Ah, PCP Range Rover Evoque driving middle aged ‘blondes’. A plague on their houses. They watch a reality show, they need the motor and need to show it off. The biggest cliche after ripped jeans on overweight young men. Part of me is quite enjoying all this.

she was a blonde lol!
Petrol on 08:56 - Sep 27 with 3773 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

£2.99 would have kept my mower going for a week.

#selfcentredcow.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Petrol on 09:59 - Sep 27 with 3574 viewsHARRY10

Therein lies the absolute stupidity of this idiotic £30 limit - it allows cretins to keep 'topping up'.

Which will mean those with the necessary time on their hands can spend the day 'topping up' their and family cars, via umpteen petrol cans if needed.

It should be a £30 MINIMUM charge - then see if the fckers want to try and squeeze a few more litres in when it will cost £30, and no petrol cans, either.

It would end the queues in an instant, .
Login to get fewer ads

Petrol on 10:01 - Sep 27 with 3565 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Some people must have amazing eyesight to be able to clearly see how much petrol other people are putting into their cars

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Petrol on 10:02 - Sep 27 with 3544 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Petrol on 09:59 - Sep 27 by HARRY10

Therein lies the absolute stupidity of this idiotic £30 limit - it allows cretins to keep 'topping up'.

Which will mean those with the necessary time on their hands can spend the day 'topping up' their and family cars, via umpteen petrol cans if needed.

It should be a £30 MINIMUM charge - then see if the fckers want to try and squeeze a few more litres in when it will cost £30, and no petrol cans, either.

And as pointed out when you posted this the other day, it would also completely punish those on the breadline who can only afford to put small amounts of petrol in their cars as and when they need it. Not that you give a t*ss about them, I’m sure

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Petrol on 10:03 - Sep 27 with 3534 viewsKeno

For once Harry I agree with you!

Minimum charge £30, maximum £50

and automatic confiscation of your car for anyone trying to add less than £10 to their tank with a possible custodial sentence and having their car radio permanently set to station that plays only the Smiths
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:07]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Petrol on 10:05 - Sep 27 with 3523 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Whilst I see why this is something that people would naturally look to mock, there will be some people who are genuinely terrified of this situation going to sh*t and their fears are driving them to this (no pun intended).

A bit like the pasta and toilet roll situation 18 months ago, I can’t help but feel abit sorry for these people as it must be their worst nightmare to feel that panicked that they bring themselves to believe this is a normal reaction. The media have a lot to answer for.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Petrol on 10:07 - Sep 27 with 3496 viewsleitrimblue

Petrol on 10:03 - Sep 27 by Keno

and automatic confiscation of your car for anyone trying to add less than £10 to their tank with a possible custodial sentence and having their car radio permanently set to station that plays only the Smiths

Non stop Smiths in the car! That's a tad draconian, they haven't killed anyone
Petrol on 10:11 - Sep 27 with 3476 viewsHARRY10

Petrol on 10:05 - Sep 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Whilst I see why this is something that people would naturally look to mock, there will be some people who are genuinely terrified of this situation going to sh*t and their fears are driving them to this (no pun intended).

A bit like the pasta and toilet roll situation 18 months ago, I can’t help but feel abit sorry for these people as it must be their worst nightmare to feel that panicked that they bring themselves to believe this is a normal reaction. The media have a lot to answer for.

There is NO justification for this. It is selfishness pure and simple.

There might be some highly dubious argument to be made were there an actual shortage - there is not, just as with toilet rolls etc last year, but there is not.

As with motorways now, where a 'hold up'is dealt with by reducing the speed, so reducing the volume of traffic arriving at the problem - would you try to justify cretins speeding up so as to get there sooner, so as to be able to supposedly get through the hold up quicker ?
Petrol on 10:12 - Sep 27 with 3474 viewsKeno

Petrol on 10:07 - Sep 27 by leitrimblue

Non stop Smiths in the car! That's a tad draconian, they haven't killed anyone

Maybe it will stop them going out in their car?

Petrol on 10:12 - Sep 27 with 3461 viewsHARRY10

Petrol on 10:03 - Sep 27 by Keno

have you been at the Mail again ?
Petrol on 10:15 - Sep 27 with 3419 viewschicoazul

How do you enforce this? Say I put £25 in my moped. Do I get it for free? Do I have to stay on the forecourt until someone else makes up the difference?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Petrol on 10:18 - Sep 27 with 3407 viewsleitrimblue

Petrol on 10:12 - Sep 27 by Keno

Maybe it will stop them going out in their car?

Think it's just the kinda severe and extreme punishment that should be reserved strictly for the most evil members of society. Not sure those sneaking a couple quid into the tank are quite there yet, but give it a couple of days
Petrol on 10:24 - Sep 27 with 3368 viewsgiant_stow

I did a little cross town drive yesterday and the traffic was incredibly light, bar the queues for petrol - never seen the North circ so easy to drive. Edit: sorry, just to make an actual point, I think lots of people are conserving fuel by not driving unless they have to.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 10:25]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Petrol on 10:28 - Sep 27 with 3318 viewsKeno

Petrol on 10:12 - Sep 27 by HARRY10

have you been at the Mail again ?

ha!! Not this morning.

I was sent a link from the Express with some people having a fight on a forecourt near where I live.

Apparently its what Princess Di would have wanted

Petrol on 10:30 - Sep 27 with 3307 viewsjonbull88

Problem with the no cans being what about fuel for work or lawn mowers? Do I have to push my mower to the garage, put a few pence in then put the rest in a bin till I hit £30? Lots of tools on our farm run on 2 stroke and we get through a can every week or so but have 4 or 5 cans, which we tend to fill up at the same time as it’s a 20 mins drive to the garage.
Petrol on 10:32 - Sep 27 with 3289 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Petrol on 10:15 - Sep 27 by chicoazul

How do you enforce this? Say I put £25 in my moped. Do I get it for free? Do I have to stay on the forecourt until someone else makes up the difference?

If you only draw 3 litres of fuel you will still pay the minimum charge of £30.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Petrol on 10:40 - Sep 27 with 3245 viewsHARRY10

Petrol on 10:30 - Sep 27 by jonbull88

Problem with the no cans being what about fuel for work or lawn mowers? Do I have to push my mower to the garage, put a few pence in then put the rest in a bin till I hit £30? Lots of tools on our farm run on 2 stroke and we get through a can every week or so but have 4 or 5 cans, which we tend to fill up at the same time as it’s a 20 mins drive to the garage.

I don't think it is beyond the scope of those needing petrol for work - power tools to prove their use. A sign on the side of a van might be a give away

This is merely a temporary measure and I am sure a few days will not cause your lawn to suffer

Much as those with petrol lighters might care to use matches for a few days if their lighter runs dry - and those needing last minute flowers for many varied reasons can always take some from a grave....... needs must etc
Petrol on 10:42 - Sep 27 with 3234 viewsMookamoo

I've seen a lot of people calling for a minimum amount. My neighbour has a long term condition and is on ESA - she simply doesn't have £30 in the back to pay for petrol.

Have a 3 day period for essential workers only - NHS staff cards/care home staff and blue lights. That should be long enough for them to get most forecourts stocked up again.
Petrol on 10:51 - Sep 27 with 3189 viewsHARRY10

Petrol on 10:32 - Sep 27 by Tangledupin_Blue

If you only draw 3 litres of fuel you will still pay the minimum charge of £30.

That being the point - it would act as a deterrent to those just 'topping up' and so reduce the queues.

Fuel would be in the stations, available as NEEDED, and not unused in vehicles and cans in garages

It would not take many days to get things back to normal, as people would be using up what they had to get a position where they actually needed over £30 worth of fuel

it is not that difficult given how this is how it works in most other areas of life
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024