Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I never saw a game where SBR managed us 08:05 - Oct 8 with 1903 viewstextbackup

But it really pisses me off when Newcastle try and stake a claim that he’s ‘their boss’

From memory they treated him like SH/t…. And his statue is dreadful up there.

End of post

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:11 - Oct 8 with 1845 viewsBluefish

We sacked Burley but I still love him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:26 - Oct 8 with 1789 viewsitfcjoe

Does seem a rewriting of history - fans turning their backs on him when they did lap of honour etc - but then when he was sacked a few games into next season i can't remember (happy to be corrected) there being much outrage or chagrin from their fanbase

It was only when things went wrong afterwards that they regretted it - and the statue is nowhere near as good as our excellent one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:54 - Oct 8 with 1657 viewsFixed_It

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:11 - Oct 8 by Bluefish

Just like when you got banned we missed you....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:03 - Oct 8 with 1597 viewsKeno

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:54 - Oct 8 by Fixed_It

did we?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:06 - Oct 8 with 1582 viewsElephantintheRoom

Newcastle gave him the freedom of Newcastle long before he was given a similar honour by Ipswich. The club and Town also shamefully neglected Sir Alf for decades after his remarkable achievements. One could add that nobody seemed to care overmuch that an ex-player called Kevin Beattie was reduced to signing on within sight of Portman Road - and was similarly ignored by the club and town

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:11 - Oct 8 with 1553 viewsBluefields

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:26 - Oct 8 by itfcjoe

Does seem a rewriting of history - fans turning their backs on him when they did lap of honour etc - but then when he was sacked a few games into next season i can't remember (happy to be corrected) there being much outrage or chagrin from their fanbase

It was only when things went wrong afterwards that they regretted it - and the statue is nowhere near as good as our excellent one

None of my family or friends wanted him sacked, in fact they were gutted.
I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:12 - Oct 8 with 1544 viewstextbackup

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:11 - Oct 8 by Bluefish

Very true. But, did we treat Burley poorly in the end? Genuinely don’t recall anti burley chants or boos?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:13 - Oct 8 with 1521 viewsBluefish

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 08:54 - Oct 8 by Fixed_It

I've never been banned. When the twtd traffic/revenue reaches the target each year Phil lets me have a rest

Login to get fewer ads

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:16 - Oct 8 with 1503 viewsNthQldITFC

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:13 - Oct 8 by Bluefish

I've never been banned. When the twtd traffic/revenue reaches the target each year Phil lets me have a rest

...and has the giant hamster wheel bearings re-greased, while the server is hooked up to the mains for a bit?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:54 - Oct 8 with 1349 viewsWickets

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:13 - Oct 8 by Bluefish

I think Phil loves you for the traffic you add to this forum and i always enjoy your posts rarely agree but always enjoy .
I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:56 - Oct 8 with 1337 viewsLord_Lucan

Grief thieves.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 10:31 - Oct 8 with 1233 viewsb1079blue

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:06 - Oct 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Newcastle gave him the freedom of Newcastle long before he was given a similar honour by Ipswich. The club and Town also shamefully neglected Sir Alf for decades after his remarkable achievements. One could add that nobody seemed to care overmuch that an ex-player called Kevin Beattie was reduced to signing on within sight of Portman Road - and was similarly ignored by the club and town

As I recall Sir Alf was not shunned by the town or club but was humble and stayed out of the limelight. However his treatment by the FA is another matter entirely.
I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 11:40 - Oct 8 with 1118 viewsSitfcB

I loved it when we played them a home, 4-1 loss, when they joined in singing ‘one Bobby Robson’ and the whole home support joined in in a rendition of ‘we never sacked Bobby Robson’ and the toon army fell completely silent.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 11:43 - Oct 8 with 1091 viewsBluefish

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:54 - Oct 8 by Wickets

I think Phil loves you for the traffic you add to this forum and i always enjoy your posts rarely agree but always enjoy .

Thanks but blimey! Even I don't always enjoy my posts

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 11:48 - Oct 8 with 1077 viewsJDB23

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 11:40 - Oct 8 by SitfcB

I loved it when we played them a home, 4-1 loss, when they joined in singing ‘one Bobby Robson’ and the whole home support joined in in a rendition of ‘we never sacked Bobby Robson’ and the toon army fell completely silent.

I think it might have been that game that Hughton came out in the press after talking about “It’s the result Sir Bobby would have wanted”. Disgusting attempt at point scoring with your fans and why I cringe every time someone on here suggests him as our next manager.
I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 12:06 - Oct 8 with 1018 viewsyesjohn99

Newcastle is a big city with one club so naturally well supported.

However they are awfully fickle with very short memories. All they want is a team they can be proud of, well they used to have one but booed them off the pitch for dipping out on champions league qualification, and turned their backs on SBR during end of season lap of honour.

Even Alan Pardew was flavour of the month up there for a while after a 5th place finish.

Classless and up there with scum and West Ham whose supporters I can’t get along with!
I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 12:07 - Oct 8 with 1014 viewsyesjohn99

I never saw a game where SBR managed us on 09:06 - Oct 8 by ElephantintheRoom

None of those wrongs add up to a right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024