Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough 17:19 - Nov 28 with 1433 viewsSteve_M

Scraping a win to a truly poor Crewe side is about the only positive to today. Very little about that performance we’ll live long in the memory, odd bits of nice football but they got rarer as the game on and, of course, a piece of sublime brilliance from Celina.

There’s no sense of direction or improvement to this team though, just some good players in the same colour shirts. Mid table in the third division is clearly where we belong, as we can’t build on the odd really good matches under Cook. 36 matches is enough to say it’s not working, the play offs are a stretch at the end of November which basically makes this worse than Lambert. Time for a change whilst there’s still a chance of finishing in the top six.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:20 - Nov 28 with 1374 viewshomer_123

I've been saying as much since early Sept.

Today illustrated, again, that we aren't progressing. Feels like we are treading water.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:21 - Nov 28 with 1347 viewswaveneyblue

The top six is still easily in reach. Really easily in view of the amount of games left.

But my god we need some consistency and soon.
It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 1308 viewsfooters

Odd, isn't it? Something just isn't clicking with us and we need a change.

Don't get me wrong, I like Cook as a character and his supposed style but results and performance simply haven't been good enough given that we have the best squad in the league on paper. Mick made a purse out of a sow's ear; Cook seems to have done the opposite (still working on that metaphor).

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 1302 viewshomer_123

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:21 - Nov 28 by waveneyblue

The top six is still easily in reach. Really easily in view of the amount of games left.

Under Cook...when have we been consistent?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:23 - Nov 28 with 1288 viewsHerbivore

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:21 - Nov 28 by waveneyblue

It's not easily in reach. We need to be averaging close to 2 points per game for the rest of the season and we look well short of being able to do that on what we've seen so far.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:24 - Nov 28 with 1268 viewsfooters

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:23 - Nov 28 by homer_123

Consistently inconsistent?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:24 - Nov 28 with 1265 viewspositivity

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:23 - Nov 28 by footers

Odd, isn't it? Something just isn't clicking with us and we need a change.

Don't get me wrong, I like Cook as a character and his supposed style but results and performance simply haven't been good enough given that we have the best squad in the league on paper. Mick made a purse out of a sow's ear; Cook seems to have done the opposite (still working on that metaphor).

making a freddie sears out of a darren purse?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:27 - Nov 28 with 1230 viewsSomethingBlue

First sentence of your second par absolutely sums it up. We won that game through moments from exceptionally talented players for the level but otherwise it was incredibly hard to see what we were trying to do.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:27 - Nov 28 with 1215 viewsLeoMuff

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:23 - Nov 28 by homer_123

All of September and October, play off form.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:29 - Nov 28 with 1179 viewsjayessess

Essentially the same performance as Morecambe, Cheltenham, Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Fleetwood. Mixture of flaws. Some tactical, some individual, some about maintaining our level of intensity.

None of them obviously changing.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:34 - Nov 28 with 1096 viewshomer_123

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:27 - Nov 28 by LeoMuff

So...about 20%.. at a push. Kinda mid table form overall then?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:35 - Nov 28 with 1093 viewseddiespearitt03

A game of mostly little substance and goal threat. Just 2 bits of brilliance made us 2 goals up, the entertainment value is really poor though. Sat there in freezing cold was hard enough but much of our football lacks quality and the final ball.
It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:43 - Nov 28 with 1012 viewsSteve_M

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:29 - Nov 28 by jayessess

Essentially the same performance as Morecambe, Cheltenham, Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Fleetwood. Mixture of flaws. Some tactical, some individual, some about maintaining our level of intensity.

None of them obviously changing.

I enjoyed sustained spells of some of those matches; today we couldn’t manage more than about a minute of good play in a row.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:58 - Nov 28 with 890 viewsHerbivore

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:27 - Nov 28 by LeoMuff

Across September and October our record was played 10, won 5, drawn 2, lost 3. 17 points from 10 games. That's just about play off form over a season but it's not play off form for us because of the handicap of our abysmal start (and only marginally better recent form).

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 18:02 - Nov 28 with 840 viewsjayessess

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 17:43 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

I enjoyed sustained spells of some of those matches; today we couldn’t manage more than about a minute of good play in a row.

Tbf, we had sustained spells today. But the patience isn't there any more because it's 10 games later and we're supposed to be further along in our development now - not intermittently better than Crewe.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 18:09 - Nov 28 with 769 viewsitfcjoe

It’s just so frustrating, for whatever reason it isn’t working and Cook doesn’t seem to have enough about him or around him to change it.

If Crewe had any quality up top they’d have won that, we are desperately poor off the ball and so easily opened up - just nothing between the front 4 and back 4…..midfield barely there and no one landing on second balls all game.

Was 2 poor sides we just had some quality players who could make a difference in the big moments

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 18:11 - Nov 28 with 729 viewspointofblue

It’s not working, not going to work and enough is enough on 18:02 - Nov 28 by jayessess

Tbf, we had sustained spells today. But the patience isn't there any more because it's 10 games later and we're supposed to be further along in our development now - not intermittently better than Crewe.

I don't think we did - we made chances but I wouldn't say we were dominant bar the first five minutes. The subs made things worse.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024