Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) 13:23 - Dec 13 with 1938 viewsbluelagos

How does that make it possible for the proposed new legislation that will make it compulsory for entry to large events, to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative test?

Law being voted on tomorrow night, not sure when it runs from...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:25 - Dec 13 with 1378 viewsStokieBlue

I'd say it probably makes it easier to take the next step (which seems to be what they are priming people for in the press) of banning attendance at such gatherings.

Although Boris now claiming there are plenty of kits so they must really have run out.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:25 - Dec 13 with 1384 viewsGlasgowBlue

When I went for my booster five days ago the nurse handed me enough home testing kits to last (in her words) 8 weeks.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:26 - Dec 13 with 1371 viewsEly_Blue

I would imagine that the pharmacies that had kits to distribute will still have some, also I’d argue that every household should already have some testing kits as a matter of course anyway.

If all else fails then you either have to buy the kit or in the case of getting into PR they have mobile testing sites outside the ground

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:27 - Dec 13 with 1355 viewsbluelagos

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:25 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

I'd say it probably makes it easier to take the next step (which seems to be what they are priming people for in the press) of banning attendance at such gatherings.

Although Boris now claiming there are plenty of kits so they must really have run out.

SB

So back to i-follow for the footie, is a real possibility :-(

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:31 - Dec 13 with 1332 viewsgiant_stow

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:26 - Dec 13 by Ely_Blue

I would imagine that the pharmacies that had kits to distribute will still have some, also I’d argue that every household should already have some testing kits as a matter of course anyway.

If all else fails then you either have to buy the kit or in the case of getting into PR they have mobile testing sites outside the ground

We've got a few days worth of LFTs all the time as mrs ullaa works in schools, but I have a feeling we're witnessing a loo-roll style shortage taking place as of today.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:32 - Dec 13 with 1321 viewsStokieBlue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:27 - Dec 13 by bluelagos

So back to i-follow for the footie, is a real possibility :-(

I think it's a distinct possibility but with this government I wouldn't want to predict what they are going to do tomorrow let alone next week.

SB

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:33 - Dec 13 with 1307 viewsElderGrizzly

Not Boris's fault of course.

He announced the policy so all is done as far as he is concerned.
If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:36 - Dec 13 with 1299 viewsEly_Blue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:31 - Dec 13 by giant_stow

We've got a few days worth of LFTs all the time as mrs ullaa works in schools, but I have a feeling we're witnessing a loo-roll style shortage taking place as of today.

Yeah I have a pack plus a couple in the old box, I regularly take the tests before I go to visit customers, not because they ask me to but as a common courtesy and sense of doing the right thing

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:38 - Dec 13 with 1297 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I have to use these for work. Does anyone else find the amount of plastic wrapping/waste in the packs offensive? There’s bags within bags!

I don’t suppose given where it’s manufactured any of it is recyclable?
If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:41 - Dec 13 with 1253 viewsJ2BLUE

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:38 - Dec 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I have to use these for work. Does anyone else find the amount of plastic wrapping/waste in the packs offensive? There’s bags within bags!

I'm for saving the planet but everything in there is needed. I think people worrying about that might be missing the bigger picture.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:17 - Dec 13 with 1149 viewsParsley

Of course there is still the option to get vaccinated...

*opens can of worms*
If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:25 - Dec 13 with 1107 viewsEastTownBlue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:32 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

I think it's a distinct possibility but with this government I wouldn't want to predict what they are going to do tomorrow let alone next week.

SB

They have about 70 rebels with the soft plan B restrictions. Steve Baker and co will well and truly lose their sh!t with any further restrictions.
If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:27 - Dec 13 with 1097 viewsbluelagos

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:17 - Dec 13 by Parsley

Of course there is still the option to get vaccinated...

*opens can of worms*

Not double jabbed within a fortnight there isn't.

(Am tripled jabbed myself)

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:32 - Dec 13 with 1066 viewsStokieBlue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:25 - Dec 13 by EastTownBlue

They have about 70 rebels with the soft plan B restrictions. Steve Baker and co will well and truly lose their sh!t with any further restrictions.

The rebels are irrelevant as Labour are supporting them on the covid restrictions.

They are however relevant when it comes to Boris job.

SB

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:37 - Dec 13 with 1050 viewsbluelagos

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:32 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

The rebels are irrelevant as Labour are supporting them on the covid restrictions.

SB

The fact they number more than the magical (?54) number of letters needed to trigger a vote of confidence / leadership shows they hold some sway over BJ.

As you say, no chance they lose the vote when labour will be whipped to support it.

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:41 - Dec 13 with 1034 viewshype313

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:32 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

SB

Which would be odd given Boris isn't exactly Mr cautious when it comes to Covid.

On another note Stokie, I read this earlier and found it quite re- assuring "Omicron has good antibody escape, meaning it can infect people with high levels of existing immunity, but it has low T-cell escape: 95% of epitopes are preserved. This prevents severe illness in those same individuals.

It is "mild" for the previously infected and vaxxed only. I was initially very concerned about Omicron but the T-cell epitopes news has set my mind more at ease."

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:47 - Dec 13 with 1011 viewspointofblue

Ordered some more this morning (before I realised there was a reported shortage) and didn't experience any issues - delivery expected in one to two days.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 14:56]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:49 - Dec 13 with 993 viewsunbelievablue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:25 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

When I went for my booster five days ago the nurse handed me enough home testing kits to last (in her words) 8 weeks.

Yeah, loads of them at pharmacies too. Picked up some medication last week and got handed 2 packs as standard.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:53 - Dec 13 with 969 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I hear that they are handing packets out free with bog roll purchases.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:54 - Dec 13 with 959 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 13:38 - Dec 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

An absolute gift for weed dealers though.

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:56 - Dec 13 with 955 viewsunbelievablue

Sorry to hijack the thread but in an effort not to start another covid thread, does anyone know the answer to this question:

1. If you test positive on a PCR test, do you receive the positive result with an indication whether it's Omicron or not?

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:57 - Dec 13 with 935 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:56 - Dec 13 by unbelievablue

Sorry to hijack the thread but in an effort not to start another covid thread, does anyone know the answer to this question:

1. If you test positive on a PCR test, do you receive the positive result with an indication whether it's Omicron or not?

In theory you should be told.

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:57 - Dec 13 with 934 viewsStokieBlue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:41 - Dec 13 by hype313

Which would be odd given Boris isn't exactly Mr cautious when it comes to Covid.

On another note Stokie, I read this earlier and found it quite re- assuring "Omicron has good antibody escape, meaning it can infect people with high levels of existing immunity, but it has low T-cell escape: 95% of epitopes are preserved. This prevents severe illness in those same individuals.

It is "mild" for the previously infected and vaxxed only. I was initially very concerned about Omicron but the T-cell epitopes news has set my mind more at ease."

I've not see that study but it would make sense that if there was still high T-Cell protection then that could protect against severe illness.

It's also worth noting that different vaccines give different levels of T-Cell protection, AZ is actually very good at giving T-Cell protection, especially in older people.

I'll see if I can have a read around this later and respond in a better way.

SB

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:57 - Dec 13 with 934 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:37 - Dec 13 by bluelagos

The fact they number more than the magical (?54) number of letters needed to trigger a vote of confidence / leadership shows they hold some sway over BJ.

As you say, no chance they lose the vote when labour will be whipped to support it.

I think it's 45. But thy aren't the ones Johnson has to worry about. He's pretty much their puppet. And there is no guarantee that the arty would elect somebody as pliable for them the next time.

The MP's he has to worry about are those who still retain a modicum of decency and are tiring of this sh1tshow.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:58 - Dec 13 with 928 viewsunbelievablue

If there are no more home testing kits available...(as being reported) on 14:57 - Dec 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

In theory you should be told.

Yeah, wondering about the mechanism. Must surely be with the test result, as otherwise how would you find out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024