Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid in Europe 19:42 - Jan 7 with 1762 viewsIllinoisblue

Watching Bayern v Gladbach right now and it’s an empty stadium. Milan v Roma yesterday wasn’t full but couldn’t tell if that was due to covid restrictions or just crappy Italian support. Full crowds in England this weekend, but not in Wales or Scotland.

Is England being completely reckless or are other countries overreacting?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Covid in Europe on 19:52 - Jan 7 with 1711 viewsBlue_Heath

Not England being reckless more Boris not giving a stuff about the people he is supposed to serve and protect.
Covid in Europe on 20:00 - Jan 7 with 1676 viewsGlasgowBlue

There are a lot of hospitality business owners in Scotland and Wales who are close to going out of business and are having to lay staff of due to the restrictions imposed on them by their respective devolved governments.

They then look at the latest data:

368.23 cases per 100,000 Wales
297.07 cases per 100,000 Scotland
245.27cases per 100,000 England

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Covid in Europe on 20:12 - Jan 7 with 1646 viewsboom_boom_boom

Covid in Europe on 19:52 - Jan 7 by Blue_Heath

Not England being reckless more Boris not giving a stuff about the people he is supposed to serve and protect.

Boris/ government is not forcing people to go out! Where I work some people went out NYE night to a pub. Turned up for work for a day then tested positive.
Covid in Europe on 22:01 - Jan 7 with 1460 viewsScuzzer

It's the latter. As well as you can testify too in the States.

Established 1968

Covid in Europe on 22:02 - Jan 7 with 1458 viewsMattinLondon

Covid in Europe on 20:12 - Jan 7 by boom_boom_boom

Boris/ government is not forcing people to go out! Where I work some people went out NYE night to a pub. Turned up for work for a day then tested positive.

He’s not forcing people to go out but considering his behaviour it’s not surprising that people were going out on NYE.
Covid in Europe on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 1455 viewsSamuelowen88

My occasional work place in Switzerland has moved to level 4 (of 4) as of this week. Due to local rules and covid cases.

No chance of heading out there anytime soon

Poll: England v Wales Score

Covid in Europe on 22:26 - Jan 7 with 1381 viewsnoggin

Covid in Europe on 22:04 - Jan 7 by Samuelowen88

My occasional work place in Switzerland has moved to level 4 (of 4) as of this week. Due to local rules and covid cases.

No chance of heading out there anytime soon

No alcohol serving here, anywhere.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Covid in Europe on 22:28 - Jan 7 with 1384 viewsIllinoisblue

Covid in Europe on 22:01 - Jan 7 by Scuzzer

It's the latter. As well as you can testify too in the States.

People do seem to be adopting a “the worst is over” stance over here. Seen more selfish pricks not wearing masks in stores the last few weeks than I’ve ever seen. And case numbers continue to skyrocket. Record numbers in my county the last four days running.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid in Europe on 08:25 - Jan 8 with 1119 viewsIpswichKnight

Welsh Government trying to take Chester City FC to court for breaching Welsh regulations over crowds. Might be tricky as ground is registered in CH1 which is in England, pays council tax in England and is affiliated to English FA ( I know Swansea, Cardiff and Wrexham are too ) however parts of the ground are in Wales.
Covid in Europe on 09:11 - Jan 8 with 1040 viewsHerbivore

Covid in Europe on 20:00 - Jan 7 by GlasgowBlue

There are a lot of hospitality business owners in Scotland and Wales who are close to going out of business and are having to lay staff of due to the restrictions imposed on them by their respective devolved governments.

They then look at the latest data:

368.23 cases per 100,000 Wales
297.07 cases per 100,000 Scotland
245.27cases per 100,000 England

Although the ONS data suggests Covid is currently significantly more prevalent in England than in the other nations of the UK: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditio

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

[Redacted] on 09:43 - Jan 8 with 981 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Covid in Europe on 11:27 - Jan 8 with 904 viewsGlasgowBlue

Covid in Europe on 09:11 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

Although the ONS data suggests Covid is currently significantly more prevalent in England than in the other nations of the UK: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditio

I was using the "Our World in Data" site.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-daily-covid-cases-7day-average

Wales seems to be going crazy again, despite their restrictions.

Iron Lion Zion

Covid in Europe on 11:51 - Jan 8 with 875 viewsElephantintheRoom

When Covid first emerged in China it slowly but surely travelled west... and it was possible to tut tut at the television as Italy and other countries struggled to keep hospitals functioning whilst the UK igonored all sensible control measures and converted exhibition halls into PR exercises..

Since then, the UK has effectively hothoused a UK variant, a Delta variant and now Omnicrom and exported them east ... whilst most of our European neighbours have had a few basic but sensible control measures in place which have delayed the inevitable each time.

So the answer to your question is yes - and yes.. The likes of France, Italy and Germany have always been more sensible in their approach to Covid and always had a few measures in place having had no 'Freedon Day'. But they also have considerably more hospital beds, doctors, nurses, and even a care sector, let alone a public which by and large seems to care about its fellow citizens..... so maybe they are over-reacting..... infections in France today reached well over 200,000..... as in the UK the danger lies in people taking time off work...at the moment.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Covid in Europe on 12:08 - Jan 8 with 856 viewsMattinLondon

Covid in Europe on 11:51 - Jan 8 by ElephantintheRoom

When Covid first emerged in China it slowly but surely travelled west... and it was possible to tut tut at the television as Italy and other countries struggled to keep hospitals functioning whilst the UK igonored all sensible control measures and converted exhibition halls into PR exercises..

Since then, the UK has effectively hothoused a UK variant, a Delta variant and now Omnicrom and exported them east ... whilst most of our European neighbours have had a few basic but sensible control measures in place which have delayed the inevitable each time.

So the answer to your question is yes - and yes.. The likes of France, Italy and Germany have always been more sensible in their approach to Covid and always had a few measures in place having had no 'Freedon Day'. But they also have considerably more hospital beds, doctors, nurses, and even a care sector, let alone a public which by and large seems to care about its fellow citizens..... so maybe they are over-reacting..... infections in France today reached well over 200,000..... as in the UK the danger lies in people taking time off work...at the moment.

I was expecting some sort of edgy reply from you. Not sure whether I’m disappointed or not.
Covid in Europe on 12:32 - Jan 8 with 815 viewsChurchman

The published figure for France 7 January was 328,214 so to say ‘well over 200,000’ is technically accurate but you might as well have said well over 5 to make it sound even better. I presume you chose not to state the freely available figure because it looks bad. Your command of statistics was taken apart by Glasgow Blue yesterday but credit for persistence, you are still doing it.

In summary, you are blaming the U.K. for exporting Covid variants across Europe. Nothing to do with people coming to Europe from India and Africa etc. I presume then that the original version that is thought to have been spread by French and Italian ski resorts was due to British people going to those resorts anyway?

Your misery and hatred seems to know no limits. My recommendation is that you stay in the land of milk and honey that is France and carry on hanging off Macron’s every word while enjoying Norwich’s remaining time in the PL
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 12:44]
Covid in Europe on 12:41 - Jan 8 with 793 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm still waiting for you to address your inaccurate posts from a couple of days ago, where you claimed that France had vaccinated a higher % of its residents than the UK and that the UK was disease rdden.

Macron wants to piss off the unvaccinated by GlasgowBlue 6 Jan 2022 10:58
First doses administered England 87.7%
First doses administered France 78.2%

Second doses doses administered England 79.9%
Second doses doses administered France 76.6%

Booster shots administered England 51%
Booster shots administered France 30%

Number of new cases England 5 January 2022 150,232
Number of new cases France 5 January 2022 322,894

So not only are you extremely unpleasant in your posting, you are factually incorrect.

Iron Lion Zion

Covid in Europe on 12:53 - Jan 8 with 754 viewsHerbivore

Delta originated in India didn't it? And omicron was first identified in South Africa? Both variants cropped up in numerous countries after initially being identified elsewhere, I'm not sure the UK can really carry the can for these variants spreading into Europe. No doubt the pandemic has been handled badly in most respects over here, we have an incompetent, self-serving clown for a PM after all, but I think it's a stretch to lay much blame at the UK's feet for the spread of the two most notable variants.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Covid in Europe on 12:54 - Jan 8 with 749 viewsGlasgowBlue

Covid in Europe on 12:53 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

Delta originated in India didn't it? And omicron was first identified in South Africa? Both variants cropped up in numerous countries after initially being identified elsewhere, I'm not sure the UK can really carry the can for these variants spreading into Europe. No doubt the pandemic has been handled badly in most respects over here, we have an incompetent, self-serving clown for a PM after all, but I think it's a stretch to lay much blame at the UK's feet for the spread of the two most notable variants.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that Belgium was the first European country to report a case of Omicron.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024