Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought the referee was decent last night 14:14 - Feb 23 with 1588 viewsMaySixth

Let a lot go in the first half that would have been hauled up.
Did what he could about the timewasting and s***housery in the second half in my opinion.
Very hard job.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Thought the referee was decent last night on 14:18 - Feb 23 with 1569 viewshype313

I was getting frustrated with the time wasting, especially on the throw in's, however the ref put 6 minutes of injury time on at the end and considering there were hardly any stoppages in the second half, he clearly penalised them for time wasting.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Thought the referee was decent last night on 14:19 - Feb 23 with 1557 viewsGeoffSentence

He was the best ref we I've seen at FPR for quite a while. Was not taken in by big sh1t brickhouses slumping to the floor at the slightest touch in the early part of the game. Funnily enough we didn't see too much of it as the game progressed.

Mind you, I still think we should have had a penalty in the second half. Blokey, who then feigned a face injury, clawed away a cross with two hands.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Thought the referee was decent last night on 16:04 - Feb 23 with 1460 viewsFixed_It

Thought the referee was decent last night on 14:19 - Feb 23 by GeoffSentence

He was the best ref we I've seen at FPR for quite a while. Was not taken in by big sh1t brickhouses slumping to the floor at the slightest touch in the early part of the game. Funnily enough we didn't see too much of it as the game progressed.

Mind you, I still think we should have had a penalty in the second half. Blokey, who then feigned a face injury, clawed away a cross with two hands.

That penalty incident was in the first half - unless they actually did it twice!
Was funny how he was rubbing his face when it had clearly only touched his arms.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Thought the referee was decent last night on 16:18 - Feb 23 with 1433 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought the referee was decent last night on 16:04 - Feb 23 by Fixed_It

That penalty incident was in the first half - unless they actually did it twice!
Was funny how he was rubbing his face when it had clearly only touched his arms.

It was. It was instinctive putting hands up near his face and was point blank range. Would have been a very harsh decision.

I also agree the ref was very good. Only thing that might have curtailed the time wasting a bit would be right at the end, when the player eventually made his way off the pitch, not allowing him back on so quickly. As the chap next to me said, though, we weren't going to score however much longer we played. Cheltenham were very well organised second half. Surprisingly so for a team that had conceded 5 goals on Saturday.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Thought the referee was decent last night on 16:23 - Feb 23 with 1415 viewsDubtractor

Yeah. Thought he was pretty good, and did try to mitigate the shlt housing as much as he could.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Thought the referee was decent last night on 17:48 - Feb 23 with 1333 viewsTractorCam

I like to think he deliberately waited ages before waving that time waster back on the pitch, almost like it was a lesson.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Thought the referee was decent last night on 17:51 - Feb 23 with 1325 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought the referee was decent last night on 17:48 - Feb 23 by TractorCam

I like to think he deliberately waited ages before waving that time waster back on the pitch, almost like it was a lesson.

When? The one who Chaplin tried to pick up and dropped again? He took ages to get off but once he was off and we had been allowed to take the free kick (at the 3rd or 4th attempt), he went to the halfway line and was straight back on.

EDIT: Or am I due a whoosh here?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 17:52]

Thought the referee was decent last night on 18:01 - Feb 23 with 1298 viewsberkstractorboy

Thought the Ref had a decent game until about the last 10 mins. He didn't give falls for simply falling over which helped set a tone, they continued to fall over and get nothing. Only criticism towards the end he should have booked keeper and maybe a couple of others for clear time wasting. This is where football needs a sin bin like Rugby, continued foul play and the latest player committing the foul is in the bin for 10 mins. Harsh to book wolfie but was in the SBR stand so a long way off when all Ipswich wanted to do is get on with the game.

Adding on minutes at the end all well and good but its as much about disrupting momentum with the constant delays and thats what they penalise in Rugby
Login to get fewer ads

Thought the referee was decent last night on 18:09 - Feb 23 with 1281 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought the referee was decent last night on 18:01 - Feb 23 by berkstractorboy

Thought the Ref had a decent game until about the last 10 mins. He didn't give falls for simply falling over which helped set a tone, they continued to fall over and get nothing. Only criticism towards the end he should have booked keeper and maybe a couple of others for clear time wasting. This is where football needs a sin bin like Rugby, continued foul play and the latest player committing the foul is in the bin for 10 mins. Harsh to book wolfie but was in the SBR stand so a long way off when all Ipswich wanted to do is get on with the game.

Adding on minutes at the end all well and good but its as much about disrupting momentum with the constant delays and thats what they penalise in Rugby

Woolfenden was booked for manhandling their "injured" player. It was the correct decision. Chaplin was lucky not to get a card for actually picking him up and dragging towards the end of the pitch. I didn't see it myself but apparently their player grabbed someone round the neck and so should have seen red. Very fortunate for him if true. However, would have made no difference for them to have played out a few minutes with 10 men and would have meant he was then banned probably for games where we would prefer them to take points.

I agree there needs to better regulation to deal with cynical time-wasting that does nothing for making football entertaining. However, that has to be a rule change not down to the ref. The ref managed it as well as anyone I have seen at this level.

Thought the referee was decent last night on 18:44 - Feb 23 with 1239 viewssotd78

Decent referee. Told the two Cheltenham backs who were sitting down to get up. If refs tell the players to "man up" they mostly do - and then the time wasting sort of stops.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Thought the referee was decent last night on 19:30 - Feb 23 with 1189 viewsPilgrimblue

Thought the referee was decent last night on 18:09 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Woolfenden was booked for manhandling their "injured" player. It was the correct decision. Chaplin was lucky not to get a card for actually picking him up and dragging towards the end of the pitch. I didn't see it myself but apparently their player grabbed someone round the neck and so should have seen red. Very fortunate for him if true. However, would have made no difference for them to have played out a few minutes with 10 men and would have meant he was then banned probably for games where we would prefer them to take points.

I agree there needs to better regulation to deal with cynical time-wasting that does nothing for making football entertaining. However, that has to be a rule change not down to the ref. The ref managed it as well as anyone I have seen at this level.

The answer maybe is that any injured player must go off for 5 mins. If it’s serious then he’ll have time to be assessed and it’ll avoid sending on a player that needs attention but if not then guess he’ll get straight back up.
Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:16 - Feb 23 with 1144 viewsTexacoCup

I'd agree he handled the game well.
Am I right in thinking he was the ref who went head to head with Alan Judge?
Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:23 - Feb 23 with 1134 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:16 - Feb 23 by TexacoCup

I'd agree he handled the game well.
Am I right in thinking he was the ref who went head to head with Alan Judge?

No. You are very wrong. This was Andy Davies. That was Darren Drysdale.

Both bald but otherwise nothing alike.

Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:26 - Feb 23 with 1121 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:23 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

No. You are very wrong. This was Andy Davies. That was Darren Drysdale.

Both bald but otherwise nothing alike.

Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:35 - Feb 23 with 1100 viewsTexacoCup

Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:26 - Feb 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thanks, I'd heard it somewhere - fake news it seems.
I'll admit I was wrong but I don't think I was very wrong ;)
Thought the referee was decent last night on 21:14 - Feb 23 with 1063 viewsVeggie

Yeah he was pretty decent. Didn’t give free kicks just because a player fell over, which makes a change.
Thought the referee was decent last night on 22:35 - Feb 23 with 1001 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thought the referee was decent last night on 20:35 - Feb 23 by TexacoCup

Thanks, I'd heard it somewhere - fake news it seems.
I'll admit I was wrong but I don't think I was very wrong ;)

I actually thought he has a passing resemblance to Cook!

Thought the referee was decent last night on 22:36 - Feb 23 with 996 viewsWhos_blue

Can't argue with that.

He had a refreshingly good game and certainly one of the best we've seen for a while.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Thought the referee was decent last night on 23:05 - Feb 23 with 968 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Woolfenden's booking was for 'handbags' with the Cheltenham centre half. I

No action was taken against Edmundsen and Bonne who were players trying to get the Cheltenham player back to his feet.
Thought the referee was decent last night on 23:06 - Feb 23 with 966 viewsberkstractorboy

I could see why I thought he was booked but think its wrong he just wants a player feigning injury to get up. Don't touch him and the player just stays down, the ref lets him and adds on time. Thats no good back to my point all the disruption breaks the momentum and Cheltenham players (and anyone that does it) knows that. Agree its a rule change but one I think they need to seriously consider.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024