Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you solve a problem like Putin? 18:07 - Mar 5 with 3798 viewshomer_123

Ceasefire....green corridor.

Nah...we'll keep shelling.

Negotiating with this lunatic isn't possible. The only way I see an out if via the internal Russian political system.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:13 - Mar 5 with 2433 viewsRob88

Which he has by the balls.
How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:24 - Mar 5 with 2390 viewsJon_456

Send a couple of tourists to look at Moscows cathedral.
How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:26 - Mar 5 with 2384 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He has shown he can't be trusted and for so long as the West is afraid to take a stand against him, he is emboldened. We are currently hoping that sanctions, incompetence and resistance from within will do the job.

Is there an easy answer? No.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:37 - Mar 5 with 2331 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I may be one of the few people who think he might be done for by forces within - but what do I know, I'm just an armchair analyst.

He certainly has some security issues though, including a very big leak from within his inner circle.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 18:39]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:42 - Mar 5 with 2284 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:37 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I think I may be one of the few people who think he might be done for by forces within - but what do I know, I'm just an armchair analyst.

He certainly has some security issues though, including a very big leak from within his inner circle.

I think we need to remove all our ruling class élites and make the system work for normal people but what do I know I'm just an armchair @narchist!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:46 - Mar 5 with 2256 viewsWD19

I heard suggestions of a leak on the news earlier. What does it relate to?
How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:47 - Mar 5 with 2249 viewshomer_123

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:13 - Mar 5 by Rob88

Which he has by the balls.

I'm not quite so sure.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:49 - Mar 5 with 2246 viewshomer_123

I'm certainly thinking that, at the moment, that's the only way this is going to stop without further and even more major loss of life.

For all his control...hard to see some happy with Russia being a pariah state.

Login to get fewer ads

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:09 - Mar 5 with 2183 viewsCoastalblue

Don't disagree with this, the concern is how far he's willing to push to maintain his position. Definitely get the feeling that there is one person in this world that wants this war, and possibly feels he needs it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:21 - Mar 5 with 2130 viewsjeera

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:09 - Mar 5 by Coastalblue

Don't disagree with this, the concern is how far he's willing to push to maintain his position. Definitely get the feeling that there is one person in this world that wants this war, and possibly feels he needs it.

The whole thing's a bit confusing really.

We, (I say we), have tried the 'keep your enemies close [as possible] method by trading with China and Russia and have placed so much faith in forming and maintaining relationships rather than isolating them and risking more, bigger, stronger rogues states.

But it's just not worked has it? Frankly they're taking the piss and just doing as they damn well please anyway.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:25 - Mar 5 with 2106 viewsLord_Lucan

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 18:46 - Mar 5 by WD19

I heard suggestions of a leak on the news earlier. What does it relate to?

USA and UK intelligence has been 100% spot on for weeks or months - according to people who know what they are on about. I think it's obvious (and a good thing) that us mere mortals don't know what is actually going on half the time.

Also Zelensky has survived at least three assassination attempts.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:29 - Mar 5 with 2074 viewsLord_Lucan

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:09 - Mar 5 by Coastalblue

I'm not so sure the Russian people are as against the invasion as we are led to believe and Putin can sell it by liberating Ukraine against Nato expansion - which after all is actually true.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:32 - Mar 5 with 2050 viewsstrikalite

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:25 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

USA and UK intelligence has been 100% spot on for weeks or months - according to people who know what they are on about. I think it's obvious (and a good thing) that us mere mortals don't know what is actually going on half the time.

Also Zelensky has survived at least three assassination attempts.

Would it be too far fetched in the real world for the SAS to get into Russia and get anywhere near the Kremlin....far too risky??
How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:34 - Mar 5 with 2028 viewsLord_Lucan

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:32 - Mar 5 by strikalite

Would it be too far fetched in the real world for the SAS to get into Russia and get anywhere near the Kremlin....far too risky??

It's not just risky, it's illegal and an act of war.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:34 - Mar 5 with 2030 viewsjeera

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:32 - Mar 5 by strikalite

Can't see how that would even be possible.

He sits a hundred feet away from his own people!

Got to come from within somehow, but his food will even be checked before getting near him so this only leaves seduction.

It's not often I've wondered what J2 looks like in a dress but this could be a good time to find out.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:37 - Mar 5 with 2008 viewsJ2BLUE

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:34 - Mar 5 by jeera

Can't see how that would even be possible.

He sits a hundred feet away from his own people!

Got to come from within somehow, but his food will even be checked before getting near him so this only leaves seduction.

It's not often I've wondered what J2 looks like in a dress but this could be a good time to find out.

This is entirely on you...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:38 - Mar 5 with 1984 viewsjeera

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:37 - Mar 5 by J2BLUE

This is entirely on you...

Vlad's gonna love you!

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:39 - Mar 5 with 1970 viewsCoastalblue

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:29 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not so sure the Russian people are as against the invasion as we are led to believe and Putin can sell it by liberating Ukraine against Nato expansion - which after all is actually true.

I understand that point, but would suspect that is largely down to what is being said and sold to them. The fact that there are significant numbers in Russia prepared to risk their lives to voice their displeasure is admirable, scary and I think telling.

I realise of course that it's unlikely we are hearing the whole story either, but I would imagine it's probably a bit closer to the truth than what they are.

Part of me feels we should just call his bluff and say we're going to operate a no fly zone, I realise how silly that is and the likely consequences but there is a temptation to think he would fold and be gone, or made to be gone.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:42 - Mar 5 with 1956 viewsjeera

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:39 - Mar 5 by Coastalblue

I understand that point, but would suspect that is largely down to what is being said and sold to them. The fact that there are significant numbers in Russia prepared to risk their lives to voice their displeasure is admirable, scary and I think telling.

I realise of course that it's unlikely we are hearing the whole story either, but I would imagine it's probably a bit closer to the truth than what they are.

Part of me feels we should just call his bluff and say we're going to operate a no fly zone, I realise how silly that is and the likely consequences but there is a temptation to think he would fold and be gone, or made to be gone.

Does this not make people feel this is all going to come to a head one day either way if it isn't addressed fully now?

As in, if it slides this time will we look back in the future when Russia is even stronger and think we had our chance. Again.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:48 - Mar 5 with 1922 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:55 - Mar 5 with 1898 viewsLord_Lucan

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:39 - Mar 5 by Coastalblue

I disagree about the no fly zone as it will inevitably lead to us shooting down a Russian jet and I think we should avoid that escalation

More importantly I believe Ukrainian jets are picking off Russian supplies and their drones are also relatively effective whereas Russian jets don't really have air superiority do they? We also risk the danger of our jets being downed by anti aircraft weapons based in Belarus.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:58 - Mar 5 with 1858 viewsjeera

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:55 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

I disagree about the no fly zone as it will inevitably lead to us shooting down a Russian jet and I think we should avoid that escalation

More importantly I believe Ukrainian jets are picking off Russian supplies and their drones are also relatively effective whereas Russian jets don't really have air superiority do they? We also risk the danger of our jets being downed by anti aircraft weapons based in Belarus.

So just to be clear.

What you seem to be saying is strategically we need to take out the anti-aircraft sh1t in Belarus first.

We got this.

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 20:16 - Mar 5 with 1756 viewsLord_Lucan

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 19:58 - Mar 5 by jeera

So just to be clear.

What you seem to be saying is strategically we need to take out the anti-aircraft sh1t in Belarus first.

We got this.

If you want my honest opinion I don't think we should poke Putin too hard with anything that could be seen as a declaration of war, that may seem cowardly but war has a habit of getting out of control double quick and we are faced with a loon on a mission with the power to cause destruction never seen before............

..............and I actually think that he is on a bit of a hiding long term as I cannot see him having enough troops or resources to control the absolutely brilliant resistance that Ukrainians will undoubtably pose for as long as he occupies the place - if he ever fully does.

I hope and pray that he will be ousted by his own.

My niggling thought though is that we did agree to always protect Ukraine on the agreement that they destroyed their nuclear arsenal back in the 90's

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 20:27 - Mar 5 with 1698 viewsstrikalite

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 20:16 - Mar 5 by Lord_Lucan

If you want my honest opinion I don't think we should poke Putin too hard with anything that could be seen as a declaration of war, that may seem cowardly but war has a habit of getting out of control double quick and we are faced with a loon on a mission with the power to cause destruction never seen before............

..............and I actually think that he is on a bit of a hiding long term as I cannot see him having enough troops or resources to control the absolutely brilliant resistance that Ukrainians will undoubtably pose for as long as he occupies the place - if he ever fully does.

I hope and pray that he will be ousted by his own.

My niggling thought though is that we did agree to always protect Ukraine on the agreement that they destroyed their nuclear arsenal back in the 90's

Your last sentence, why on earth didn't Ukraine insist on being fast tracked into NATO before giving them up....?
How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 20:29 - Mar 5 with 1679 viewsCoastalblue

How do you solve a problem like Putin? on 20:27 - Mar 5 by strikalite

Your last sentence, why on earth didn't Ukraine insist on being fast tracked into NATO before giving them up....?

Not sure that was ever an option, I strongly suspect that would have ended in what we are now seeing had that been proposed, but with no options with regards to being directly involved rather than a proxy war as we have now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024