Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
P&O Ferries then 14:04 - Mar 17 with 3986 viewsSteve_M

All crew sacked and replaced by cheaper workers, ships delayed in sailing so they could do it:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

P&O Ferries then on 14:20 - Mar 17 with 2514 viewsKeno

Its may be even worse in that the contractor could re-employ the original staff but on worse terms

I'm not sure how legal that is

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

P&O Ferries then on 14:22 - Mar 17 with 2482 viewsfooters

Bloody unionised workers... Oh.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

P&O Ferries then on 14:32 - Mar 17 with 2438 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

P&O Ferries then on 14:44 - Mar 17 with 2386 viewsnoggin

P&O Ferries then on 14:22 - Mar 17 by footers

Bloody unionised workers... Oh.

We're leading the world....

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

P&O Ferries then on 15:05 - Mar 17 with 2334 viewsHARRY10

"Boris Johnson was elected in 2019 on a manifesto promise to introduce measures to protect those in low-paid work and the gig economy”, an idea expanded in the Queen’s speech that year with a pledge to bring forward an employment bill that would “protect and enhance workers’ rights as the UK leaves the EU, making Britain the best place in the world to work”.

unsurprisingly

Nearly two years after that speech, no employment bill has been published by the government."

Surely not, it's not as if the PM is an habitual liar, who promises so much, but fails to deliver at every stage
P&O Ferries then on 15:13 - Mar 17 with 2300 viewschicoazul

Remember when all the zero covid zealots insisted all international travel should be completely ended and all borders shut?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

P&O Ferries then on 15:19 - Mar 17 with 2290 viewstextbackup

P&O Ferries then on 14:44 - Mar 17 by noggin

We're leading the world....

our union constantly email out saying they'll ballot for striker action, threats to the company etc etc.... then it goes quiet and nothing ever happens. absolutely pointless

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

P&O Ferries then on 15:38 - Mar 17 with 2207 viewsHARRY10

P&O Ferries then on 15:13 - Mar 17 by chicoazul

Remember when all the zero covid zealots insisted all international travel should be completely ended and all borders shut?

that makes no sense in this context whatsoever
Login to get fewer ads

P&O Ferries then on 15:44 - Mar 17 with 2154 viewseireblue

P&O Ferries then on 15:38 - Mar 17 by HARRY10

Chico just forgot about retail being shut, and furlough schemes.
P&O Ferries then on 16:19 - Mar 17 with 2076 viewschicoazul

I thought it was obvious Harold. Zero covid would have led to many many more examples of what we see today at P&O.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

P&O Ferries then on 16:32 - Mar 17 with 2043 viewsjeera

P&O Ferries then on 16:19 - Mar 17 by chicoazul

I thought it was obvious Harold. Zero covid would have led to many many more examples of what we see today at P&O.

Because ships are known for being safe havens against disease?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

P&O Ferries then on 16:51 - Mar 17 with 1989 viewsXYZ

It's well known that deskilling the workforce carries no safety fears for cross-channel ferries.

We should herald free enterprise, surely?
P&O Ferries then on 16:52 - Mar 17 with 1988 viewsHARRY10

P&O Ferries then on 16:19 - Mar 17 by chicoazul

You don't half embarrass yourself, trying to defend your betters.

If your guff had any worth ALL the other ferry companies would be doing the same thing - they are not.

This is merely another example of what brexit was really about. Remove EU protections for workers and have the UK as a low waged, low skilled economy.

And the gormless fell for this 'levelling up' bollox.

Maybe the block on banning MPs having 2nd jobs might just point the thickos to where their betters priorities lie.

Not them, that's for certain.
P&O Ferries then on 17:00 - Mar 17 with 1947 viewsBlueBadger

Have you met Chico before?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

P&O Ferries then on 17:01 - Mar 17 with 1941 viewsBlueBadger

P&O Ferries then on 16:32 - Mar 17 by jeera

Because ships are known for being safe havens against disease?

I dunno about anyone else, but Harry Vs Chico has all the makings of an intellectual clash for the ages.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

P&O Ferries then on 17:04 - Mar 17 with 1929 viewschicoazul

P&O Ferries then on 16:52 - Mar 17 by HARRY10

If your guff had any worth ALL the other ferry companies would be doing the same thing - they are not.

This is merely another example of what brexit was really about. Remove EU protections for workers and have the UK as a low waged, low skilled economy.

Maybe the block on banning MPs having 2nd jobs might just point the thickos to where their betters priorities lie.

No disagreement here Harold, apart from your rude opening sentence, and your second point. Many companies are trying this Sack the Workers bring them back in on different terms wheeze including British Gas and some airway operators. Had the zero covid zealots had their way many many more people would find themselves in similar situations across travel and other industries.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 17:06]

P&O Ferries then on 17:10 - Mar 17 with 1907 viewsHARRY10

P&O Ferries then on 17:04 - Mar 17 by chicoazul

No disagreement here Harold, apart from your rude opening sentence, and your second point. Many companies are trying this Sack the Workers bring them back in on different terms wheeze including British Gas and some airway operators. Had the zero covid zealots had their way many many more people would find themselves in similar situations across travel and other industries.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 17:06]

So we have gone from it being a necessary step forced on to them

" Zero covid would have led to many many more examples of what we see today at P&O. "

to it being a wheeze

(poor confused rightie)
P&O Ferries then on 17:13 - Mar 17 with 1891 viewschicoazul

P&O Ferries then on 17:10 - Mar 17 by HARRY10

" Zero covid would have led to many many more examples of what we see today at P&O. "

to it being a wheeze

(poor confused rightie)

You seem more confused than usual today Harold. When did I say it was a necessary step forced on them? You’ve also misunderstood what I mean by “wheeze”. I mean it in the old fashioned pejorative sense.

P&O Ferries then on 17:18 - Mar 17 with 1869 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

P&O Ferries then on 16:52 - Mar 17 by HARRY10

I think you missed this the last time I posted it to get to the bottom of your, what I imagine must be, hard left love in with the EU.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2017/07/lexit-eu-neoliberal-project

"Ceding Brexit to the right was very nearly the most serious strategic mistake by the British left since the ‘70s. Under successive leaders Labour became so incorporated into the ideology of Europeanism as to preclude any clear-eyed critical analysis of the actually existing EU as a regulatory and trade regime pursuing deep economic integration. The same political journey that carried Labour into its technocratic embrace of the EU also resulted in the abandonment of any form of distinctive economics separate from the orthodoxies of market liberalism.

It’s been astounding to witness so many left-wingers, in meltdown over Brexit, resort to parroting liberal economics. Thus we hear that factor mobility isn’t about labour arbitrage, that public services aren’t under pressure, that we must prioritise foreign direct investment and trade. It’s little wonder Labour became so detached from its base. Such claims do not match the lived experience of ordinary people in regions of the country devastated by deindustrialisation and disinvestment.

Nor should concerns about wage stagnation and bargaining power be met with finger-wagging accusations of racism, as if the manner in which capitalism pits workers against each other hasn’t long been understood. Instead, we should be offering real solutions — including a willingness to rethink capital mobility and trade. This places us in direct conflict with the constitutionalised neoliberalism of the EU."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

P&O Ferries then on 17:26 - Mar 17 with 1834 viewsHARRY10

P&O Ferries then on 17:18 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think you missed this the last time I posted it to get to the bottom of your, what I imagine must be, hard left love in with the EU.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/brexit/2017/07/lexit-eu-neoliberal-project

"Ceding Brexit to the right was very nearly the most serious strategic mistake by the British left since the ‘70s. Under successive leaders Labour became so incorporated into the ideology of Europeanism as to preclude any clear-eyed critical analysis of the actually existing EU as a regulatory and trade regime pursuing deep economic integration. The same political journey that carried Labour into its technocratic embrace of the EU also resulted in the abandonment of any form of distinctive economics separate from the orthodoxies of market liberalism.

It’s been astounding to witness so many left-wingers, in meltdown over Brexit, resort to parroting liberal economics. Thus we hear that factor mobility isn’t about labour arbitrage, that public services aren’t under pressure, that we must prioritise foreign direct investment and trade. It’s little wonder Labour became so detached from its base. Such claims do not match the lived experience of ordinary people in regions of the country devastated by deindustrialisation and disinvestment.

Nor should concerns about wage stagnation and bargaining power be met with finger-wagging accusations of racism, as if the manner in which capitalism pits workers against each other hasn’t long been understood. Instead, we should be offering real solutions — including a willingness to rethink capital mobility and trade. This places us in direct conflict with the constitutionalised neoliberalism of the EU."

You have a vivid imagination, almost up there with chicos tenuous grasp on reality
P&O Ferries then on 17:35 - Mar 17 with 1812 viewsLeaky

P&O Ferries then on 17:10 - Mar 17 by HARRY10

to it being a wheeze

(poor confused rightie)

Chill out man go self employed. Work for people you chose to Engauge with or if no work have a day on the piss, instead of trying to change the world makes a calmer life.
P&O Ferries then on 17:36 - Mar 17 with 1793 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

P&O Ferries then on 17:26 - Mar 17 by HARRY10

You have a vivid imagination, almost up there with chicos tenuous grasp on reality

So you're saying that you're not a leftie as I imagined?
[Post edited 17 Mar 2022 17:37]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

P&O Ferries then on 17:37 - Mar 17 with 1781 viewsBlueBadger

P&O Ferries then on 17:36 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Told you all it was Glassers.....

P&O Ferries then on 17:43 - Mar 17 with 1740 viewsHARRY10

P&O Ferries then on 17:35 - Mar 17 by Leaky

Chill out man go self employed. Work for people you chose to Engauge with or if no work have a day on the piss, instead of trying to change the world makes a calmer life.

oh dear

man who says you should not comment

does just that
P&O Ferries then on 18:14 - Mar 17 with 1653 viewsjeera

P&O Ferries then on 17:36 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

The hard-left are pro EU?

When did this come in?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024