Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any serious supporters 22:52 - Apr 16 with 2268 viewsReusers_Tash

Who think that KMac won’t get us out of this division next year, or worse still needs sacking now? Interested based on some of the posts I assume must be trolls.
Are there any serious supporters on 22:56 - Apr 16 with 2224 viewsJ2BLUE

It's not a certainty but there's plenty to be optimistic about.

This season just needs to end asap as there's some (small minority) are determined to find some sort of issue.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Are there any serious supporters on 22:57 - Apr 16 with 2209 viewsquirkie

Depends who we get in over the summer.

Laughable though some thinking we just need to turn up on the 30th July and we are promoted. It is going to be a tall ask to get out of this division in McK's 1st proper season.

I'm thinking we'll challenge for automatic but end up in the play offs and we know our record in those.

Can see a 5th year in league one to be honest but we'll certainly stick by McKenna for a few seasons, seems a breath of fresh air.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Are there any serious supporters on 22:59 - Apr 16 with 2212 viewspointofblue

I am concerned we will not get out of the division next year; too much of what's happening now feels like the end of last season, with people saying we just need to bring in certain players to make us click. McKenna has struggled to turn games in our favour when we have struggled to impose ourselves and our set piece approach is showing little sign of improvement, especially in attack.

Of course he shouldn't be sacked - that'd be farcical. Perhaps, for me, it's just the case of continually bitten over the past decade has made me shy.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 23:00]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are there any serious supporters on 23:00 - Apr 16 with 2180 viewsIllinoisblue

Who has said he should be sacked now? If there’s people genuinely saying that they should be locked up and have their crayons taken away.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Are there any serious supporters on 23:01 - Apr 16 with 2177 viewsTerra_Farma

There are morons everywhere in life who seem to find anything to moan about.

KMc will get us promoted next season

PERIOD
Are there any serious supporters on 23:12 - Apr 16 with 2112 viewsEnigma_Blue

Are there any serious supporters on 23:01 - Apr 16 by Terra_Farma

There are morons everywhere in life who seem to find anything to moan about.

KMc will get us promoted next season

PERIOD

Are you prepared to stake your life savings on us getting promotion next season then?
Are there any serious supporters on 23:38 - Apr 16 with 2036 viewsHARRY10

"It's not a certainty but there's plenty to be optimistic about. "

That's about the measure of it.

Folk might note that of the top six, 3 finished in the bottom half last season - with the current leaders Wigan(Champions ?) avoiding relegation by one point. Which suggests we cannot tell who else will come good next season.

There is the nagging thought that we will become mired in this league as we did the Championship, as have (so far) Sunderland, Pompey, Weds, Charlton, Bolton - none of whom would look out of place in the PL.

Yep, let's go into next season with plenty of confidence, mixed with a healthy dose of optimism (with food reason), but spare us please the over the top hype about 'God have mercy on the leagues' (?), and fans trotting out the perennial "we gave the best squad in the league', as clearly yet again we don't.
Are there any serious supporters on 23:43 - Apr 16 with 2025 viewsChurchman

Are there any serious supporters on 22:59 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

I am concerned we will not get out of the division next year; too much of what's happening now feels like the end of last season, with people saying we just need to bring in certain players to make us click. McKenna has struggled to turn games in our favour when we have struggled to impose ourselves and our set piece approach is showing little sign of improvement, especially in attack.

Of course he shouldn't be sacked - that'd be farcical. Perhaps, for me, it's just the case of continually bitten over the past decade has made me shy.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 23:00]

So what’s your solution? There can only be one. Replace the manager. Don’t worry, you are not alone I can think of a couple of other posters on here who dare not quite come out with it yet but I suspect think that way. ‘Honeymoon over’, no free hits etc.

This end of season bears no relation to the end of last whatsoever. No thrashings at Wimbledon and Northampton for beginners. There will be no bomb squad, no Colchester fillers departing, no 19 players in, no waiting until the transfer window to bring in a key midfielder and injured centre half. Just a few departures and hopefully less but better quality arrivals that fit the way KM wants the team to play.

The club couldn’t be in a more different place than this time last year. There are no guarantees we will get promoted next year, but I think we will. What’s done is done. Its all about the future which I think looks bright.
Login to get fewer ads

Are there any serious supporters on 00:08 - Apr 17 with 1981 viewspointofblue

Are there any serious supporters on 23:43 - Apr 16 by Churchman

So what’s your solution? There can only be one. Replace the manager. Don’t worry, you are not alone I can think of a couple of other posters on here who dare not quite come out with it yet but I suspect think that way. ‘Honeymoon over’, no free hits etc.

This end of season bears no relation to the end of last whatsoever. No thrashings at Wimbledon and Northampton for beginners. There will be no bomb squad, no Colchester fillers departing, no 19 players in, no waiting until the transfer window to bring in a key midfielder and injured centre half. Just a few departures and hopefully less but better quality arrivals that fit the way KM wants the team to play.

The club couldn’t be in a more different place than this time last year. There are no guarantees we will get promoted next year, but I think we will. What’s done is done. Its all about the future which I think looks bright.

At the moment replacing McKenna would be ludicrous. But running around saying automatic promotion is a cert and we'll walk the division is too. Should we be in a place where we can at least finish in the top two? Yes. But there have been too many questions about this run to say it's a certainty, even though we haven't suffered a mauling against the relegation battlers.

Are there any serious supporters on 00:20 - Apr 17 with 1964 viewsStewart27

Are there any serious supporters on 22:56 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

It's not a certainty but there's plenty to be optimistic about.

This season just needs to end asap as there's some (small minority) are determined to find some sort of issue.

I just hope this is the last time we’ll be saying that the season needs to end ASAP.

I’m optimistic about the summer and next season, but there will be 10 other teams who stand as much chance as us of promotion.
Are there any serious supporters on 00:36 - Apr 17 with 1923 viewsTangledupin_Blue

There are 24 teams in the league and half of them will have realistic hopes of making a promotion challenge.

McKenna has shown in the last four months that he has some of the attributes to become a very good manager. Over the next three months we will find whether he has another vital attribute... spotting and recruiting players.

The better he is able to strengthen the squad over the summer, the better our chances will be of promotion this time next year.

But we need to forget about HMS P!sstheleague. With so many highly motivated and competitive rivals it will be tough.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Are there any serious supporters on 07:15 - Apr 17 with 1650 viewsVeggie

I think any ‘serious’ supporter wouldn’t automatically assume KMc will get us promoted. Obviously they would hope he does. No serious fan would call for his sacking at this stage:
Are there any serious supporters on 07:47 - Apr 17 with 1602 viewsthebooks

The problem for me is the fans’ reaction to every new manager. We’re not critical enough.

New man comes in, we’re not promoted and the excuses start. Lambert should have been under serious pressure after we were relegated from the Championship without a whimper. Cook singularly failed to improve on Lambert, or even Matt Gill, yet was afforded the luxury of changing the whole squad. You couldn’t move for fans on here saying how necessary it was for him to do this, and that not getting a tune out of the existing players was somehow not his fault.

I doubt anybody wants McKenna sacked — he has started far better than both Lambert and Cook. But we seem to be at the same unquestioning stage where making an honest appraisal of what he’s done well and not well is seen as heresy, stupidity etc.

I guess I’m not a serious supporter, but I don’t think it’s a given. I think we have a good chance with him — as we should we the squad we have, which will only improve. But I’d question our inflexibility and how we struggle with teams that sit deep but can counter. I think we can overplay sometimes as well. I’d also be interested to see how he deals with real pressure — I didn’t see the post-match reports, but it looked to me that Dominic Thompson was subbed in anger in the Cambridge match.

On the other hand, we’re far better organised than before, especially defensively. Some of our attacking play is really inventive and we no longer play Lambertball, moving from defence to attack with purpose. It’s good to see players like Wolfenden performing to their potential again. Depending on a couple of signings, I think we probably will get promoted, but let’s see how we go next season.
Are there any serious supporters on 08:08 - Apr 17 with 1515 viewsnoggin

Are there any serious supporters on 23:43 - Apr 16 by Churchman

I made the 'honeymoon period over' but it had a question mark, for context. You've taken that as me wanting KM out, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Are there any serious supporters on 08:08 - Apr 17 with 1507 viewspennblue

I think we will definitely be in the top six.

Would be interested to better understand why Rotherham, mk dons and Wigan have been so effective at accruing points

What do they do differently? Why did Rotherham beat us yesterday?

If we can be as effective as these teams then we could make top two.

We seem to have consistency now, but will this playing style yield enough goals?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Are there any serious supporters on 08:32 - Apr 17 with 1402 viewsElephantintheRoom

Well I don’t think many sane supporters think promotion is certain by any means. Just a bit of common sense might make you think there could be at least half a new team starting next season that needs time to bed in

Yes there is a feel good factor about the place - but I suspect this division will be far more competitive next season and IF there is another ‘slow start’ next season McKenna could be gone by Xmas. The situation now is not a lot different to this time last season. And the season before that

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Are there any serious supporters on 08:42 - Apr 17 with 1321 viewsBloomBlue

I think he stands a good chance of getting us promoted but it's not going to be easy.
He's still learning his trade, if you look at the Cambridge & Rotherham games he was out thought by both managers who changed tactics and he didn't respond. However that is part of his learning and if he can continue to learn then I'm confident he can get us promoted.
I also see Steven Schumacher at Plymouth as a good example. A person new to the manager position, almost the same age as McK, came in Plymouth form went backwards but he addressed that and got them back into the top 6 with what I would argue are inferior quality players. I think a Championship side will pinch him as their mgr for next season, but that gives me confidence McK can do the same as he continues his learning.
Are there any serious supporters on 08:44 - Apr 17 with 1313 viewsChurchman

Are there any serious supporters on 08:08 - Apr 17 by noggin

I made the 'honeymoon period over' but it had a question mark, for context. You've taken that as me wanting KM out, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Apologies - my mistake. Look nobody is saying promotion is nailed on or McKenna is beyond criticism. I just think it needs to be tempered with what the club is doing and where it’s come from - the wreckage of Evans.

KM has made a good start. Who would have done better with what we have from last Dec on? Warnock? Doubt it. Yesterday wasn’t the best but it was clear where the gaps are. The team isn’t a mile off. It has the capacity to completely control games and with a few changes it should on a far more regular basis.

Criticism of McKenna? Goes with the territory and I would hope he would be far more self critical than any supporter. He seems the type. He needs a bit of space and time, the summer basically. We have a really good chance next season. The teams aren’t great in L1 and being better than all of them isn’t beyond us. No guarantees though.
Are there any serious supporters on 09:09 - Apr 17 with 1252 viewsDinDjarin

State of this thread.

We have nothing to play for Rotherham do. They upped it second half and stopped us playing. Some of our players already on the beach.

Baggot looked very good so thats a massive plus for me.

People even mentioning the word sacking need to go outside and wobble their head till it falls off.
Are there any serious supporters on 09:35 - Apr 17 with 1165 viewsstrikalite

Are there any serious supporters on 00:36 - Apr 17 by Tangledupin_Blue

There are 24 teams in the league and half of them will have realistic hopes of making a promotion challenge.

McKenna has shown in the last four months that he has some of the attributes to become a very good manager. Over the next three months we will find whether he has another vital attribute... spotting and recruiting players.

The better he is able to strengthen the squad over the summer, the better our chances will be of promotion this time next year.

But we need to forget about HMS P!sstheleague. With so many highly motivated and competitive rivals it will be tough.

There is little in any of the teams in this league, to think that Fleetwood did the double over Rotherham and we couldn't beat Cambridge or Morecambe home or away only highlights this, all these players have come through good academies, are good athletes, in sides that are coached to their strengths..

All the teams that miss out this season will be feeling exactly how we are, strengthen and go again, and the teams coming down from the Championship will be in the mix no doubt, for me top six would be a decent season for us throwing in all factors including us making the right additions(not easy)and keeping key players fit..
Are there any serious supporters on 09:36 - Apr 17 with 1162 viewspointofblue

Are there any serious supporters on 09:09 - Apr 17 by DinDjarin

State of this thread.

We have nothing to play for Rotherham do. They upped it second half and stopped us playing. Some of our players already on the beach.

Baggot looked very good so thats a massive plus for me.

People even mentioning the word sacking need to go outside and wobble their head till it falls off.

“We have nothing to play for but Rotherham do”.

Cambridge had nothing to play for but Wigan did yesterday. Remind me how that finished?

Are there any serious supporters on 09:45 - Apr 17 with 1136 viewsChrisd

It will all come down to whom he gets in over the summer, certainly a sprinkling of new faces needed. We’ve got a nucleus of a decent side, but unless KM can solve our failings in the final third then it could be another frustrating campaign.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are there any serious supporters on 17:36 - Apr 17 with 951 viewsbilllm

I think 3-6 at best next year, he's not the great Messiah, not sure what's happened but he seems to either choose tactically not have a clue or accepting his limited squad not to change to much tactically in the last 3 or 4 games,he's been like for like no oomph, the squad is ok, ok won't get us to far, I think he may go for a mini tear up, Thompson and Bonne are loans have to go, Celina have him back one way or another, we know the position which need a massive upgrade, I'm on a fence with Evans but we've been severely disrupted in the midfield in the 10 games without him(big loss),
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024