Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… 17:39 - Mar 30 with 6066 viewsSevenT8

….with Ed Sheeran sponsorship.

You heard it here first.

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 17:41 - Mar 30 with 4181 viewsSitfcB

That would be brilliant.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 19:24 - Mar 30 with 3881 viewsBrads

Sounds plausible tbf.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/suffolk-clothing-firm-hoax-benefits-from-the-ed-shee
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 19:37 - Mar 30 with 3816 viewsIllinoisblue

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 17:41 - Mar 30 by SitfcB

That would be brilliant.

Something different for sure. How big are Hoax? Are they set up to handle kit supply for a relatively large football club and supplying thousands of shirts and training wear items for fans? That’s a big step up from selling surf and skate t shirts.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 19:42 - Mar 30 with 3780 viewsVeggie

Oh God I hope not. This would be a par with Punch, Core etc. Adidas and Nike spend millions on R&D into materials etc. Hoax? £3.74
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:30 - Mar 30 with 3600 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 19:42 - Mar 30 by Veggie

Oh God I hope not. This would be a par with Punch, Core etc. Adidas and Nike spend millions on R&D into materials etc. Hoax? £3.74

Surely it would just be their name as the sponsor!
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:34 - Mar 30 with 3579 viewsVeggie

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:30 - Mar 30 by BtreeBlueBlood

Surely it would just be their name as the sponsor!

Not according to the OP. Kit would be provided (made) by Hoax and sponsored by ED. As far as I can tell they are a small niche brand that produces cotton T-shirts and hoodies for skateboarders. How they are going to produce a professional quality range of football clothing is anyone’s guess.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 20:37]
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:37 - Mar 30 with 3566 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:34 - Mar 30 by Veggie

Not according to the OP. Kit would be provided (made) by Hoax and sponsored by ED. As far as I can tell they are a small niche brand that produces cotton T-shirts and hoodies for skateboarders. How they are going to produce a professional quality range of football clothing is anyone’s guess.

I’m not sure Hoax have sufficient capacity to supply the sheer number of shirts that they would be required to.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:40 - Mar 30 with 3523 viewsRKD

I don't think it's likely, but I would imagine Ed Sheeran could help them outsource that quite easily.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Login to get fewer ads

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:45 - Mar 30 with 3483 viewsVeggie

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:37 - Mar 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

I’m not sure Hoax have sufficient capacity to supply the sheer number of shirts that they would be required to.

And it’s not just shirts. It’s training tops / shorts / socks / jackets / tracksuits / waterproofs. I can’t see it myself.
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:51 - Mar 30 with 3444 viewsLord_Lucan

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:45 - Mar 30 by Veggie

And it’s not just shirts. It’s training tops / shorts / socks / jackets / tracksuits / waterproofs. I can’t see it myself.

Nor can I.

It would need short runs of product and be cost prohibitive.

If Adidas or the like are already running with a training top then it doesn’t take much to overbrand it. For Hoax to run a complete new run it would be costly, but then again they might be prepared to make less of a profit as I reckon a replica top probably costs adidas about £1.50

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:54 - Mar 30 with 3430 viewsVeggie

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:51 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Nor can I.

If Adidas or the like are already running with a training top then it doesn’t take much to overbrand it. For Hoax to run a complete new run it would be costly, but then again they might be prepared to make less of a profit as I reckon a replica top probably costs adidas about £1.50

This is why all this talk of bespoke kits is a bit unlikely. The cost to produce one off designs for multi clubs must be prohibitive.
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:01 - Mar 30 with 3397 viewsLord_Lucan

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:54 - Mar 30 by Veggie

This is why all this talk of bespoke kits is a bit unlikely. The cost to produce one off designs for multi clubs must be prohibitive.

And for this reason we only have the option of an Adidas generic kit - or so I believe anyway.

Funny old subject though. A few years back England bought out a new strip and added some sort of gold hologram to it as an anti copy thingy.

I was with a young RKD in some market in Bangkok and we bought one, complete with hologram, for a fiver - and this was before the official one was released.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 21:02]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:07 - Mar 30 with 3348 viewsStrimmer

Outsourcing the replica operation wouldn’t be that big of a problem, well it would but the supply chain is out there. But to design, tech and qc a professional sports teams kit can’t be done without significant professional skills. People train for years to do this you can’t draw it in MS paint and send it to the factory. OP is just having a laugh

Poll: Was it a punch?

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:08 - Mar 30 with 3326 viewsVeggie

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:01 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

And for this reason we only have the option of an Adidas generic kit - or so I believe anyway.

Funny old subject though. A few years back England bought out a new strip and added some sort of gold hologram to it as an anti copy thingy.

I was with a young RKD in some market in Bangkok and we bought one, complete with hologram, for a fiver - and this was before the official one was released.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 21:02]

I know that in the luxury watch market, some replicas are becoming very hard to tell from the original version. It is suggested that the same factories that make the original parts (E.g. Rolex steel bracelets) are farming out the designs to factories making fakes. This might explain your hologram example.
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:11 - Mar 30 with 3306 viewsStrimmer

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 20:51 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Nor can I.

1.50 for materials maybe but that takes into account absolutely none of the entire design and production flow from design to shipping and in between. No offence to you in particular but why does everyone get so economically illiterate suddenly when it’s ‘football kits made in China’

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:17 - Mar 30 with 3265 viewsSwansea_Blue

In fairness, Adidas don't produce professional quality football kit either. It's cheap nylon tatt with a markup of over 1200%. Concerns about production levels and distribution are valid though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:20 - Mar 30 with 3232 viewsnorfsufblue

Would be interesting if they announced that on April 1st!
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:32 - Mar 30 with 3167 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:11 - Mar 30 by Strimmer

1.50 for materials maybe but that takes into account absolutely none of the entire design and production flow from design to shipping and in between. No offence to you in particular but why does everyone get so economically illiterate suddenly when it’s ‘football kits made in China’

The design costs are shared across the entire template range, so I'd expect them to be minimal. Happy to be proven wrong though if you've got a breakdown of the costs. Similarly, container shipping amongst millions of other items from a major multinational company is likely to be relatively low cost. And shipping costs is something Lucan knows about, so he's probably far less illiterate that you think.

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:32 - Mar 30 with 3167 viewsLord_Lucan

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:11 - Mar 30 by Strimmer

Elaborate about design and production.

Edit; Because I am a sad man I have calculated that you can get about 50,000 shirts in a 40f HQ and at a current freight of about £10,000 that equates to 20p a shirt.

If you take that my original £1.50 price per shirt was actually $1.50 which is what I meant then that means a landed price of about £1.35 plus duty, I don't know what duty is on garments but let's say 6%. So, by the time you have got it into your warehouse it will be about £1.50 with all the other add ons including transporting from Felixstowe or Soton

The cost of manufacturing them is negligible, have you seen these feckers go? Seriously, I think £1.50 is about right landed.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 21:47]

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 22:04 - Mar 30 with 3084 viewsStrimmer

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 21:32 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Elaborate about design and production.

Edit; Because I am a sad man I have calculated that you can get about 50,000 shirts in a 40f HQ and at a current freight of about £10,000 that equates to 20p a shirt.

If you take that my original £1.50 price per shirt was actually $1.50 which is what I meant then that means a landed price of about £1.35 plus duty, I don't know what duty is on garments but let's say 6%. So, by the time you have got it into your warehouse it will be about £1.50 with all the other add ons including transporting from Felixstowe or Soton

The cost of manufacturing them is negligible, have you seen these feckers go? Seriously, I think £1.50 is about right landed.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 21:47]

Assuming they’re made off template, and I’m sure they are, templates aren’t zero cost to a manufacturer of course someone’s got to design a template every year, but yes money saving. When you’ve got a template to work with you need to get the badge and trim in order, suppliers choose Pantone colours for all parts and so on then get samples made up from the factory and shipped over. Test samples for stuff like colour run in the wash, colour transfer to skin. Wearer trials for the above plus comfort and fit, eye match colours for accuracy (‘does this look like an ‘Ipswich blue’ once it’s made up?) Then checking for scale as you might need to make slight changes throughout the sizes + kids version. Ongoing costs are things like factory checks, making sure they’re operating legally for uk sales, and if making kids sizes are they following kids clothes regs (no pinning during production stuff like that ).

Back forth with samples to China/Vietnam/wherever before the lines are sealed and put into production. All takes weeks by a team of professionals in an office in Europe. Shirts aren’t coming out of the factory at 1.50 they have to be made by humans, poorly paid yes but every garment except socks have been stitched by a person.

Sorry if my tone was a bit sharp but my other half does this for a living and I get sick of people writing off the rag game as a doss and a swizz!

So anyway no doubt the margins are decent on replica shirts but you’re looking at quite a few multiples of 1.50 for a garment.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 22:06]

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 22:09 - Mar 30 with 3052 viewsMatt_Netherlands

World’s first grebo football team…..

(I’m joking of course before anyone gets offended! Haven’t heard or used that word in about 15 years)
Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 22:17 - Mar 30 with 3015 viewsLord_Lucan

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 22:04 - Mar 30 by Strimmer

Assuming they’re made off template, and I’m sure they are, templates aren’t zero cost to a manufacturer of course someone’s got to design a template every year, but yes money saving. When you’ve got a template to work with you need to get the badge and trim in order, suppliers choose Pantone colours for all parts and so on then get samples made up from the factory and shipped over. Test samples for stuff like colour run in the wash, colour transfer to skin. Wearer trials for the above plus comfort and fit, eye match colours for accuracy (‘does this look like an ‘Ipswich blue’ once it’s made up?) Then checking for scale as you might need to make slight changes throughout the sizes + kids version. Ongoing costs are things like factory checks, making sure they’re operating legally for uk sales, and if making kids sizes are they following kids clothes regs (no pinning during production stuff like that ).

Back forth with samples to China/Vietnam/wherever before the lines are sealed and put into production. All takes weeks by a team of professionals in an office in Europe. Shirts aren’t coming out of the factory at 1.50 they have to be made by humans, poorly paid yes but every garment except socks have been stitched by a person.

Sorry if my tone was a bit sharp but my other half does this for a living and I get sick of people writing off the rag game as a doss and a swizz!

So anyway no doubt the margins are decent on replica shirts but you’re looking at quite a few multiples of 1.50 for a garment.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 22:06]

Sorry but I just don't agree. The things you mention are incidentals.

Colour run, transfer to skin etc etc are a nothing to big production and they already have batch tested samples of all swatches you can dream of.

Anyway, let's have a kiss and go to bed, I'm very tired.

Night night.

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 22:40 - Mar 30 with 2924 viewsStrimmer

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 22:17 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry but I just don't agree. The things you mention are incidentals.

Colour run, transfer to skin etc etc are a nothing to big production and they already have batch tested samples of all swatches you can dream of.

Anyway, let's have a kiss and go to bed, I'm very tired.

Night night.

Fine but you’re still barely getting raw fabric maybe trims for 1.50 and I’ve elaborated on production costs as asked, you’re just not getting a replica kit made up for 1.50 as much as I admire your confidence!

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 23:02 - Mar 30 with 2845 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 22:40 - Mar 30 by Strimmer

Fine but you’re still barely getting raw fabric maybe trims for 1.50 and I’ve elaborated on production costs as asked, you’re just not getting a replica kit made up for 1.50 as much as I admire your confidence!

£1.50 is probably quite a way off. This is 5 years old, but the percentages probably still hold.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/replica-football-shirts-rip-fans-74

Retailer £18.13 (37%)
Sportswear firm £12.76 (26%)
VAT £8.24 (17%)
Manufacturing and shipping £4.79 (10%)
Club licensing fee £2.97 (6%)
Marketing £1.39 (3%)
Distribution £1.17 (2%)
Total retail price £49.45

Company markup and manufacturing costs seem key. I've no idaea where someone like Hoax would have them made*. Distribution and marketing costs are neither neither here nor there. So it could be financially viable if the combined manufacturing costs and company markup can be controlled. There's a lot of wiggle room because of the massive retailer markup for the like of Adidas on the mass produced stuff.

*I can't see where Hoax have their stuff produced. They don't state where products are made, how fabrics are sourced nor highlight their sustainability credentials. So I suspect they aren't much different to a mass brands, just with a separate label. I've only spent a couple of minutes looking at their website, but I don't think they offer anything other than being local. If we want to make a statement and be different we'd need a company with stronger ethical foundations, unless people think the local link is enough (it isn't for me). Of course, this could all be meaningless because the Hoax link is unverified gossip.

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 23:14 - Mar 30 with 2812 viewsStrimmer

Our new kit will be provided by Hoax… on 23:02 - Mar 30 by Swansea_Blue

£1.50 is probably quite a way off. This is 5 years old, but the percentages probably still hold.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/replica-football-shirts-rip-fans-74

Retailer £18.13 (37%)
Sportswear firm £12.76 (26%)
VAT £8.24 (17%)
Manufacturing and shipping £4.79 (10%)
Club licensing fee £2.97 (6%)
Marketing £1.39 (3%)
Distribution £1.17 (2%)
Total retail price £49.45

Company markup and manufacturing costs seem key. I've no idaea where someone like Hoax would have them made*. Distribution and marketing costs are neither neither here nor there. So it could be financially viable if the combined manufacturing costs and company markup can be controlled. There's a lot of wiggle room because of the massive retailer markup for the like of Adidas on the mass produced stuff.

*I can't see where Hoax have their stuff produced. They don't state where products are made, how fabrics are sourced nor highlight their sustainability credentials. So I suspect they aren't much different to a mass brands, just with a separate label. I've only spent a couple of minutes looking at their website, but I don't think they offer anything other than being local. If we want to make a statement and be different we'd need a company with stronger ethical foundations, unless people think the local link is enough (it isn't for me). Of course, this could all be meaningless because the Hoax link is unverified gossip.

Interesting! Were hoax to attempt making a football kit from scratch they’d need to hire in all the staff with expertise for the design and production process as described, which just isn’t realistic for a 2 year kit contract for a league 1 team, or outsource to a manufacturer - as opposed to a brand, the companies who make the off brand clothes for eg George at Asda, but for sportswear. I’m still pretty convinced it’s a wind up

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024