Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. 17:16 - Apr 6 with 1775 viewsCrawfordsboot

But why on earth wasn’t this done from the outset and it should be applied to each and every oligarch sanctioned by the west.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 17:31]
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:22 - Apr 6 with 1439 viewsHARRY10

And to think it was only last year that Johnson and cabinet members were accepting 'donations' from Putin

"The Tory party are almost entirely funded by Russian oligarchs, most of whom are sanctioned," he said.

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:47 - Apr 6 with 1374 viewsBlueBadger

The cheques have now cleared.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:54 - Apr 6 with 1368 viewsChurchman

It should have been done immediately, but with the tories neck deep in dodgy Russian money (£2.5m in donations after the Salisbury disgrace?), I assume their paymasters had to be given time to move their stolen money.

There ought to be an investigation into how this happened, who got what and why, but there’s not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening now or ever. At least in France the Intelligence bloke who didn’t have any was kicked out. Would never happen here.

Talking of the EU I see they've proudly announced they are looking at banning coal imports. Whoopee. A year of coal imports revenue for Russia equates to less than a weeks revenue from oil and gas, which is still flowing and I presume paid for in the way Putin demands. Piddling amounts on coal is not going to make Putin stick the tanks in reverse.

Shiny smart suits, little lapel badges, big nicely folded flags with Liz Truss trying to play ‘which nation is that one’, polished lecturns, hand ringing and pained expressions, a little rushing about …..and and apart from a few days worth of handheld weapons and a few German helmets, that’s about it, in reality.
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:59 - Apr 6 with 1362 viewsHARRY10

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:22 - Apr 6 by HARRY10

And to think it was only last year that Johnson and cabinet members were accepting 'donations' from Putin

"The Tory party are almost entirely funded by Russian oligarchs, most of whom are sanctioned," he said.

"Rishi Sunak’s millionaire wife has claimed non-domicile status in order to save on her tax bill while her husband was chancellor, The Independent understands."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rishi-sunak-akshata-murthy-non-do

I wonder when it will finally dawn on the brexit thickos, they've been had ?
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:14 - Apr 6 with 1326 viewspointofblue

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:54 - Apr 6 by Churchman

It should have been done immediately, but with the tories neck deep in dodgy Russian money (£2.5m in donations after the Salisbury disgrace?), I assume their paymasters had to be given time to move their stolen money.

There ought to be an investigation into how this happened, who got what and why, but there’s not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening now or ever. At least in France the Intelligence bloke who didn’t have any was kicked out. Would never happen here.

Talking of the EU I see they've proudly announced they are looking at banning coal imports. Whoopee. A year of coal imports revenue for Russia equates to less than a weeks revenue from oil and gas, which is still flowing and I presume paid for in the way Putin demands. Piddling amounts on coal is not going to make Putin stick the tanks in reverse.

Shiny smart suits, little lapel badges, big nicely folded flags with Liz Truss trying to play ‘which nation is that one’, polished lecturns, hand ringing and pained expressions, a little rushing about …..and and apart from a few days worth of handheld weapons and a few German helmets, that’s about it, in reality.

Though that's because, if the EU did ban all Russian oil and gas, they'd be up a creek without a paddle.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:25 - Apr 6 with 1311 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:14 - Apr 6 by pointofblue

Though that's because, if the EU did ban all Russian oil and gas, they'd be up a creek without a paddle.

It's almost like our global economic system benefits sociopaths, destroys the natural environment and does very little for the average person.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 1301 viewsBasuco

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:59 - Apr 6 by HARRY10

"Rishi Sunak’s millionaire wife has claimed non-domicile status in order to save on her tax bill while her husband was chancellor, The Independent understands."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rishi-sunak-akshata-murthy-non-do

As well as her family business investing £500m in Russia, also her father is pictured shaking hands with Putin, not many people are allowed to get that close to him.
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:44 - Apr 6 with 1298 viewsHARRY10

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:25 - Apr 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's almost like our global economic system benefits sociopaths, destroys the natural environment and does very little for the average person.

Yes, one sociopath v 600m others

Capitalism has been destroying the natural environment since it's inception (a few hundred years back)

At the moment that is how society is constructed, and a good few folk get more out of it that it's feudal predecessor
Login to get fewer ads

The sunaks are doing good work closer to home though on 19:20 - Apr 6 with 1279 viewsfactual_blue

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:41 - Apr 6 by Basuco

As well as her family business investing £500m in Russia, also her father is pictured shaking hands with Putin, not many people are allowed to get that close to him.

They've donated £100,000 to an education charity.

The education charity in question is Winchester College, registered charity number 1139000.

And rishi's old school.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 19:48 - Apr 6 with 1241 viewsGuthrum

Because sanctions on family members are largely symbolic (do you think Putin listens to his daughters* on ploitical matters?). More important to get those directed at the actual economy set up.

* The ones he barely ever acknowleges in publuc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The sunaks are doing good work closer to home though on 19:54 - Apr 6 with 1231 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The sunaks are doing good work closer to home though on 19:20 - Apr 6 by factual_blue

They've donated £100,000 to an education charity.

The education charity in question is Winchester College, registered charity number 1139000.

And rishi's old school.

Well that's quite a coincidence as that number happens to mark Winchester College's position on my prioritised list of UK charities to donate to.

Just for clarity I'd also like to point out that there are about 170,000 registered charities in the UK.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 20:10 - Apr 6 with 1209 viewsBloomBlue

Biden isn't it, too slow, Trump would have sanctioned immediately
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 20:21 - Apr 6 with 1198 viewsfactual_blue

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 19:48 - Apr 6 by Guthrum

Because sanctions on family members are largely symbolic (do you think Putin listens to his daughters* on ploitical matters?). More important to get those directed at the actual economy set up.

Publuc is in Czechia isn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 20:47 - Apr 6 with 1171 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:47 - Apr 6 by BlueBadger

The cheques have now cleared.

Funny this mob are so crooked they’d even rip off the crookedest of Russians.
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 20:51 - Apr 6 with 1152 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 20:47 - Apr 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Funny this mob are so crooked they’d even rip off the crookedest of Russians.

Taking donations from “Russian businessmen”, whilst all the time training the Ukrainian army, and supplying them weapons to be used against them since 2014.
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 20:51 - Apr 6 with 1150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 18:44 - Apr 6 by HARRY10

Yes, one sociopath v 600m others

Capitalism has been destroying the natural environment since it's inception (a few hundred years back)

At the moment that is how society is constructed, and a good few folk get more out of it that it's feudal predecessor

Capitalism is the go to economic model of all good sociopaths....you bloody righties all love this neo Liberal bollox!

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 21:06 - Apr 6 with 1117 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:54 - Apr 6 by Churchman

Going after the oligarchs is purely window dressing. Some very good points made here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 22:17 - Apr 6 with 1064 viewsSwansea_Blue

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 17:59 - Apr 6 by HARRY10

WTF? Not that I’m surprised any more. I’m glad the mask is finally slipping on ‘dishy Rishi’. I couldn’t understand why people were fawning over him, he’s always come across as shallower than a Petri dish.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 22:24 - Apr 6 with 1011 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 21:06 - Apr 6 by GlasgowBlue

Going after the oligarchs is purely window dressing. Some very good points made here.

Well yeah but what's a little bit of war when you have really crucial stuff to make to keep the economy ticking over....or something!

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 00:12 - Apr 7 with 947 viewsHARRY10

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 20:51 - Apr 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Capitalism is the go to economic model of all good sociopaths....you bloody righties all love this neo Liberal bollox!

Given that capitalism is the global economic system then there is not much choice for any of us

Though I'm sure your vivid imagination will conjure up some buffoonery in reply
So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 02:21 - Apr 7 with 914 viewsTheMoralMajority

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 19:48 - Apr 6 by Guthrum

The thinking behind it is the likes of Putin/Lavrov hide their assets among family members, so by sanctioning closest family, they are actually sanctioning Putin/Lavrov etc.

How much the thinking reflects reality is another question altogether.

As for Germany, it's almost like getting 40% of your energy supplies from an autocratic dictator was a bad idea. Who'd have thunk it? Honestly, they should just suck it up (easy for me to say).
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 2:22]

...but do signatures really work?

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 07:11 - Apr 7 with 843 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 00:12 - Apr 7 by HARRY10

Given that capitalism is the global economic system then there is not much choice for any of us

Though I'm sure your vivid imagination will conjure up some buffoonery in reply

So there we have it. Keep endorsing it by voting for more of the same.

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 07:12 - Apr 7 with 834 viewsGlasgowBlue

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 07:11 - Apr 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

So there we have it. Keep endorsing it by voting for more of the same.

Who’d have guessed that Harry was a bloody ‘rightie’?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 07:25 - Apr 7 with 817 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 07:12 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

Who’d have guessed that Harry was a bloody ‘rightie’?

Well he did vote Remain!

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 11:23 - Apr 7 with 762 viewsGuthrum

So Lavrov and Putin’s families are now going to be sanctioned .. on 02:21 - Apr 7 by TheMoralMajority

The thinking behind it is the likes of Putin/Lavrov hide their assets among family members, so by sanctioning closest family, they are actually sanctioning Putin/Lavrov etc.

How much the thinking reflects reality is another question altogether.

As for Germany, it's almost like getting 40% of your energy supplies from an autocratic dictator was a bad idea. Who'd have thunk it? Honestly, they should just suck it up (easy for me to say).
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 2:22]

Unfortunately for Germany, apart from poor-quality brown coal, they don't have a lot of their own energy resources.

Cheap Russian gas allowed them to shut down most of their nuclear reactors. Which was perhaps unwise.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024