Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? 09:02 - Jul 1 with 2319 viewsEwan_Oozami

Before Keno can get in the act...

Following on from UB's coincidence thread where their tryst with BL in J Block will be an ongoing feature this season, and the astounding coincidence that I discovered I was sitting next to a regular TWTD poster (if you want to know, it has something to do with footers and battenberg masks - just wondering if they've renewed in the same seat for this season :-0) - have there any other similar occurrences of adjacent-seated posters finding out who each other were? And were they posters who would regularly have good old slanging matches on here?
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 9:02]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I sat/stood next to Steve M…. on 09:11 - Jul 1 with 1763 viewsBloots

….at Villa Park a few years back.

I immediately managed to get into a row with some daft old “Galloways” bat who seemed to think she was more important than anyone else.

Steve moved away from me at half time.

Didn’t blame him really.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I sat/stood next to Steve M…. on 09:14 - Jul 1 with 1730 viewsEwan_Oozami

I sat/stood next to Steve M…. on 09:11 - Jul 1 by Bloots

….at Villa Park a few years back.

I immediately managed to get into a row with some daft old “Galloways” bat who seemed to think she was more important than anyone else.

Steve moved away from me at half time.

Didn’t blame him really.

Haha! That sort of situation could explain why some posters always have it in for each other! :-)

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:20 - Jul 1 with 1687 viewsKeno

what!!

I sat next to my daughter as PR last year which, despite the fact we have driven up together and I bought back tickets at the same time, could be considered as something of a coincidence

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:21 - Jul 1 with 1679 viewsbluelagos

Got quite a similar one to UB but wont bore you with the details.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:29 - Jul 1 with 1657 viewsGuthrum

I once sat (stood) next to Rommers at a game, without either of us knowing who the other was, until later when Brogansnose made the connection.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:36 - Jul 1 with 1628 viewsEwan_Oozami

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:29 - Jul 1 by Guthrum

I once sat (stood) next to Rommers at a game, without either of us knowing who the other was, until later when Brogansnose made the connection.

We need some sort of secret code so we can identify each other - so that in conversation we can drop in a few ITK questions like, "I hope you dont mind me asking, but what's your favourite cheese?", or "Damn, I've forgotten my Hobnobs to dip in my overpriced tea, do you happen to have any?"

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:36 - Jul 1 with 1629 viewsJ2BLUE

There is probably a couple of thousand ST holders on here. Add in those who regularly attend and it's probably fairly common.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:38 - Jul 1 with 1609 viewsMeadowlark

I don't know no-one........(sic)
Login to get fewer ads

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 1604 viewsLord_Lucan

I bumped into Edward Stone in Amsterdam and I believe RKD bumped into Steve_M in either Australia or NZ

Old time poster Cornish_Blue's dad accused me incorrectly of sitting in his seat for two matches running and got rather irate about it - despite his actual seat being about 15 rows down.

Sat next to fashion Guru Bluefunk last season once as it turns out he sits next to my droogs.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:45 - Jul 1 with 1574 viewsEwan_Oozami

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:39 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

I bumped into Edward Stone in Amsterdam and I believe RKD bumped into Steve_M in either Australia or NZ

Old time poster Cornish_Blue's dad accused me incorrectly of sitting in his seat for two matches running and got rather irate about it - despite his actual seat being about 15 rows down.

Sat next to fashion Guru Bluefunk last season once as it turns out he sits next to my droogs.

Excellent stuff LL! I know a lot of posters know many others to varying degrees, over years of attending matches, indeed I have friends who I know who go to games and either lurk or post on here (but they won't tell me their usernames, grrr!)

General rule of thumb is, if you see someone at a game carrying a box of mini battenbergs, that's probably me!

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:50 - Jul 1 with 1553 viewsEwan_Oozami

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:36 - Jul 1 by J2BLUE

There is probably a couple of thousand ST holders on here. Add in those who regularly attend and it's probably fairly common.

It's probably is fairly common as you say, but I'm looking for that "Oh, that's you, is it?" moment! :-)

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:51 - Jul 1 with 1543 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:36 - Jul 1 by Ewan_Oozami

We need some sort of secret code so we can identify each other - so that in conversation we can drop in a few ITK questions like, "I hope you dont mind me asking, but what's your favourite cheese?", or "Damn, I've forgotten my Hobnobs to dip in my overpriced tea, do you happen to have any?"

How about 'The ill-built tower trembles mightily at a butterfly's passage.'

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:59 - Jul 1 with 1527 viewsGuthrum

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:36 - Jul 1 by Ewan_Oozami

I did think about getting a T-shirt or hat with my avatar on it. No words, just the image.

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:08 - Jul 1 with 1487 viewsLeaky

We could all look like total prats & have our user name printed on our shirts. ERrrr Nah
Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:08 - Jul 1 with 1489 viewsWeWereZombies

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:59 - Jul 1 by Guthrum

I did think about getting a T-shirt or hat with my avatar on it. No words, just the image.

That Woodland Arena at Bearded Theory where we were both, unknown to each other, watching Walt Disco - you weren't wearing a yellow top with very modest 'Dukla Prague f.c.' on it, were you?. If so, I was the person who asked 'Away kit?' as I passed by.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:11 - Jul 1 with 1483 viewshoppy

Or, "Where did you park your Audi?"

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:19 - Jul 1 with 1470 viewsLord_Lucan

I sat behind Hoppy at the Uefa cup play at The Wolsey but I kept quiet in case he turned round and told me a joke.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:29 - Jul 1 with 1411 viewsGuthrum

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:08 - Jul 1 by WeWereZombies

That Woodland Arena at Bearded Theory where we were both, unknown to each other, watching Walt Disco - you weren't wearing a yellow top with very modest 'Dukla Prague f.c.' on it, were you?. If so, I was the person who asked 'Away kit?' as I passed by.

No, that wasn't me. I tend to dress fairly bland nowadays, even at festivals.

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 11:35 - Jul 1 with 1322 viewsEwan_Oozami

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:08 - Jul 1 by Leaky

We could all look like total prats & have our user name printed on our shirts. ERrrr Nah

Need something more classy...in my case it was a covid mask with an image of battenberg on it...can't get much more classy than that! :-)

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 11:40 - Jul 1 with 1272 viewsEwan_Oozami

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 10:11 - Jul 1 by hoppy

Or, "Where did you park your Audi?"

"Will the owner of a white Audi, registration HH08 NOB please move their car as they are blocking access"

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 11:47 - Jul 1 with 1256 viewsFixed_It

I stood next to PJH at Wycombe last season - but only realised the next day due to a conversation on here.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 13:52 - Jul 1 with 1142 viewsStu_Magoo

If anyone sits near a total knobber who's obsessed with Christian Walton's towel (its condition has proven to be a great predictor of home results), yeah sorry about that.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 13:53]
Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 13:58 - Jul 1 with 1124 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The code should be standing up in the 9th minute and shouting top volume, "Has anyone got cheese?"

The response of 'Yeah, over here" will alert you to everyones presence and help you decide if you need to apply for a change of seat.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 14:09 - Jul 1 with 1074 viewsEwan_Oozami

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 13:58 - Jul 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

The code should be standing up in the 9th minute and shouting top volume, "Has anyone got cheese?"

The response of 'Yeah, over here" will alert you to everyones presence and help you decide if you need to apply for a change of seat.

I presume, as per previous cheese discussions, that Babybels are excluded from that activity?

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 14:20 - Jul 1 with 1051 viewsIP4_Blue

Any more coicidences about TWTD posters sitting next to each other? on 09:39 - Jul 1 by Lord_Lucan

Out of curiosity has Edward Stone got twins?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024