Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If anyone is interested to know what 17:50 - Oct 31 with 2569 viewsCheltenham_Blue

our new pitch, and "Boundary treatment around the pitch will also be carried out, with the installation of a new synthetic pitch perimeter run-off." will look like.

Villa have the exact same pitch arrangement, assume our boundary area would be blue.

https://www.selsports.co.uk/villa-park-case-study.php

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If anyone is interested to know what on 17:53 - Oct 31 with 2516 viewsKeno

The playing area is still green then?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 17:53]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If anyone is interested to know what on 17:55 - Oct 31 with 2493 viewsFtnfwest

If anyone is interested to know what on 17:53 - Oct 31 by Keno

Not football without mud
If anyone is interested to know what on 17:58 - Oct 31 with 2476 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If anyone is interested to know what on 17:53 - Oct 31 by Keno

Unless the FA allow us to have one of Ed Sheehan's Album covers on it and he pays us a shed load of cash. Yes.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2022 17:58]

If anyone is interested to know what on 18:22 - Oct 31 with 2396 viewsBluespeed225

When the puddle down by the West stand is sorted, only then will I believe we are moving forward.
If anyone is interested to know what on 19:13 - Oct 31 with 2270 viewsArnieM

Does this mean the playing surface will be smaller to allow for the run off area?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:17 - Oct 31 with 2248 viewsSwansea_Blue

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:13 - Oct 31 by ArnieM

Does this mean the playing surface will be smaller to allow for the run off area?

I’ve no idea, but doubt it. Most grounds just replace the touchline with astroturf in green, so no change to layout and you wouldn’t notice unless looking carefully.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:47 - Oct 31 with 2191 viewsringwoodblue

Oh that’s disappointing- I was hoping for a blue pitch!

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

If anyone is interested to know what on 20:18 - Oct 31 with 2136 viewsPinewoodblue

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:13 - Oct 31 by ArnieM

Portman Road pitch is currently wider than every pitch in Premier Lesgue so would make sense to reduce the width. Currently a massive 7 m wider than most.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

If anyone is interested to know what on 20:21 - Oct 31 with 2125 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If anyone is interested to know what on 20:18 - Oct 31 by Pinewoodblue

Portman Road pitch is currently wider than every pitch in Premier Lesgue so would make sense to reduce the width. Currently a massive 7 m wider than most.

Think they'll have to do something with the camber on the perimeter too.

If anyone is interested to know what on 20:50 - Oct 31 with 2069 viewsArnieM

7m? Bloody hell…. How come we struggle to get crosses into the box at times then!

All joking aside. That’s a huge difference. But if we reduced the pitch width I’m sure that’s impact on our play at PR and make it easier for opponents to close us down…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If anyone is interested to know what on 21:03 - Oct 31 with 2025 viewsMatt_Netherlands

If anyone is interested to know what on 20:50 - Oct 31 by ArnieM

7m? Bloody hell…. How come we struggle to get crosses into the box at times then!

All joking aside. That’s a huge difference. But if we reduced the pitch width I’m sure that’s impact on our play at PR and make it easier for opponents to close us down…..

Ahhh Football Manager 101. “Set pitch dimensions” is always first you in the inbox for the manager
If anyone is interested to know what on 18:32 - Nov 1 with 1799 viewsBrockleyBlue78

Really? Doesn’t look that way when looking at the distance between the 10 yard from the corner marker line and the 18 yard box. Where have you seen evidence for this?
If anyone is interested to know what on 18:53 - Nov 1 with 1720 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think that's true. It was the widest pitch at some point, if I remember rightly, until they built one of the side stands.

This post has been edited by an administrator
If anyone is interested to know what on 19:37 - Nov 1 with 1622 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

If anyone is interested to know what on 20:21 - Oct 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Think they'll have to do something with the camber on the perimeter too.

I often wonder how the slope and brick wall set-up at Old Trafford is allowed to fly - seems like a massive head/neck injury waiting to happen.

On a more positive note, I really like that they are methodically making improvements in and around the ground. I have brought a lot of non-Town supporting friends to PR over the years and they've all been pleasantly surprised by the size of the ground, but nearly all of them have noted the shabbiness.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:54 - Nov 1 with 1575 viewsBrockleyBlue78

More than a little excited about this - great work once again Ashton & Co. Will look excellent when done and help tie the ground together with the Ipswich blue.

Hopefully tidy up the finish of the electronic advertising boards too, especially along the bottom of the Cobbold boards.

Guessing it’ll be a blue border / boundary area like The King Power.
If anyone is interested to know what on 19:55 - Nov 1 with 1564 viewsbournemouthblue

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:37 - Nov 1 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I often wonder how the slope and brick wall set-up at Old Trafford is allowed to fly - seems like a massive head/neck injury waiting to happen.

On a more positive note, I really like that they are methodically making improvements in and around the ground. I have brought a lot of non-Town supporting friends to PR over the years and they've all been pleasantly surprised by the size of the ground, but nearly all of them have noted the shabbiness.

It's good to see incremental improvements being made

The Cobbold will be the first to be redone, I just wonder at some point in the future if they'll build a sexy new West Stand, it could still be 20 odd years off but the facilities would improvement immeasurably with that being the case.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:57 - Nov 1 with 1561 viewsRyorry

If anyone is interested to know what on 18:53 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

I don't think that's true. It was the widest pitch at some point, if I remember rightly, until they built one of the side stands.

I find it astonishing that in 2022, with meticulous regulation of UK footbball in pretty much every other department, there's actually no regulation, standard size set for the pitches at all league club grounds!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If anyone is interested to know what on 20:06 - Nov 1 with 1527 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

If anyone is interested to know what on 19:55 - Nov 1 by bournemouthblue

It's good to see incremental improvements being made

The Cobbold will be the first to be redone, I just wonder at some point in the future if they'll build a sexy new West Stand, it could still be 20 odd years off but the facilities would improvement immeasurably with that being the case.

Agreed, and while I'm sure the capacity will be increased somewhat, modernising the ground seems more important. The main thing is, we get to keep our home rather than move to a cereal bowl somewhere near Colchester!

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

If anyone is interested to know what on 21:44 - Nov 1 with 1412 viewsronnyd

If anyone is interested to know what on 17:55 - Oct 31 by Ftnfwest

Not football without mud

I remember Derby's Baseball Ground in the winter. More like a ploughing contest.
If anyone is interested to know what on 22:27 - Nov 1 with 1320 viewsBrockleyBlue78

If anyone is interested to know what on 18:53 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

This was the only thing I could find online - shame it doesn’t cover all 92

I see wiki has PR as 102 x 75 - which seems v large in comparison

https://sqaf.club/premier-league-pitch-sizes/
If anyone is interested to know what on 11:43 - Nov 6 with 816 viewsBrockleyBlue78

If the details about the new pitch are correct at 106 x 66 metres, then it would be the longest pitch in the Premier League by 1 metre (a lot are 105m) and the second narrowest (only Fulham at 65m is narrower)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024