Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums 07:43 - Nov 18 with 4193 viewsElderGrizzly

Budweiser will be pleased

[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 7:43]
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 07:55 - Nov 18 with 2979 viewsMetal_Hacker

And it was all going along so smoothly

Poll: If it were one or the other

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 08:34 - Nov 18 with 2905 viewsSwansea_Blue

Damn. Getting the opposition drunk was going to be England’s secret tactic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 08:48 - Nov 18 with 2882 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Twitter or the World Cup - which will fall apart first?

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:05 - Nov 18 with 2834 viewsitfcjoe

Feel for those fans who are already out there having weighed up all moral decisions to go and be told it will be normal etc and then have goalposts moved having already spent thousands

This truly is the worst case of sportswashing I've ever seen - the ruling family will be lining some of their juniors up against the wall once this is done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:07 - Nov 18 with 2825 viewstextbackup

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:05 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

Feel for those fans who are already out there having weighed up all moral decisions to go and be told it will be normal etc and then have goalposts moved having already spent thousands

This truly is the worst case of sportswashing I've ever seen - the ruling family will be lining some of their juniors up against the wall once this is done

so many england fans have headed out there with the opinion "oh they warn us before every tournament of X Y and Z, and we always find a way to get on the beers and have a laugh"

this time, it really isn't going to happen, is it..... maybe a few airport beers before they leave, but that'll be the bulk of it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:09 - Nov 18 with 2815 viewsPippin1970

Do you reckon they will check every suitcase. Loads will be smuggling across. Vacuumed wine or spirits packs etc.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:14 - Nov 18 with 2795 viewsbrazil1982

They're moving the goalposts too? This is getting silly now.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:15 - Nov 18 with 2795 viewsgtsb1966

If you can't sit outside a bar having a beer or ten and a sing song with thousands of others what is the point of going. Even domestic football isn't the same for many if they don't meet up and have a few beers and I include myself in that. The fans who have gone know the rules so I doubt it will be many of the ones I have described.
Login to get fewer ads

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:28 - Nov 18 with 2728 viewsitfcjoe

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:07 - Nov 18 by textbackup

so many england fans have headed out there with the opinion "oh they warn us before every tournament of X Y and Z, and we always find a way to get on the beers and have a laugh"

this time, it really isn't going to happen, is it..... maybe a few airport beers before they leave, but that'll be the bulk of it

It's going to be such a poor fan experience, I know some people hate Dubai but there is a reason lots of people go on holiday there and it is because there is loads to do - in Qatar you aren't even going to have the option to turn it into a fun holiday.

Only good thing will be they've barely sold any tickets so you will be able to go to games most days for nothing because they will be almost giving tickets away like was the case at Euro 2004

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:35 - Nov 18 with 2693 viewsgtsb1966

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:28 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

It's going to be such a poor fan experience, I know some people hate Dubai but there is a reason lots of people go on holiday there and it is because there is loads to do - in Qatar you aren't even going to have the option to turn it into a fun holiday.

Only good thing will be they've barely sold any tickets so you will be able to go to games most days for nothing because they will be almost giving tickets away like was the case at Euro 2004

Just out of interest does anyone know how many tickets England fans have purchased for the group games.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 10:22 - Nov 18 with 2524 viewsSamWhiteUK

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 09:28 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

Honestly, as awful and sad as it is that so many lives were lost building the stadia, it would be kinda funny to see them all empty
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 10:42 - Nov 18 with 2472 viewsbluelagos

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 10:22 - Nov 18 by SamWhiteUK

Honestly, as awful and sad as it is that so many lives were lost building the stadia, it would be kinda funny to see them all empty

Not happening. The 1000s of migrant workers (some of whom paraded as fans this week) will am sure be available to fill any empty seats.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 10:48 - Nov 18 with 2439 viewsMoriarty

And things are likely to deteriorate further, once Qatar are eliminated, possibly as soon as the group stages are over.

fka omuircheartaigh

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:07 - Nov 18 with 2361 viewsDevereuxxx

Been confirmed now that no alcohol will be served in stadiums. FIFA will be having a very awkward conversation with Budweiser then.

The speed at which it's happened as well, you have to question whether this was the plan the whole time. It's far too late for people to cancel, so they don't really have a choice but to still go. Travesty of a World Cup without a ball being kicked.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:20 - Nov 18 with 2306 viewsiamatractorboy

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 10:48 - Nov 18 by Moriarty

And things are likely to deteriorate further, once Qatar are eliminated, possibly as soon as the group stages are over.

Which will surely happen, unless they get some, erm, 'help' a la South Korea 2002.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:31 - Nov 18 with 2260 viewsDanTheMan

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:07 - Nov 18 by Devereuxxx

Been confirmed now that no alcohol will be served in stadiums. FIFA will be having a very awkward conversation with Budweiser then.

The speed at which it's happened as well, you have to question whether this was the plan the whole time. It's far too late for people to cancel, so they don't really have a choice but to still go. Travesty of a World Cup without a ball being kicked.

This absolutely reeks of being planned in advance. What was Qatar going to do if FIFA said no? Be a bit late to just cancel the whole thing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:41 - Nov 18 with 2210 viewsLankHenners

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:07 - Nov 18 by Devereuxxx

The bigger story from this is about what else could they suddenly turn back on? All along there's been vague reassurances about LBGTQ+ people being allowed to be seen together in public in contradiction of usual laws but what if Qatar suddenly say their laws on homosexuality will be enforced to the full extent?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:46 - Nov 18 with 2192 viewsStokieBlue

Anyone who believed it was going to be "normal" was deluded and kidding themselves.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:54 - Nov 18 with 2122 viewsSpruceMoose

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:46 - Nov 18 by StokieBlue

Anyone who believed it was going to be "normal" was deluded and kidding themselves.

SB

I have my doubts that many who go even took a minute to consider the morality behind attending and lending their support to this sham. If they had, then they would not have gone. I suspect that the number one priority would have been "will I have fun?" and increasingly the answer to that question seems to be "No, you will not".

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:56 - Nov 18 with 2107 viewsJakeITFC

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:54 - Nov 18 by SpruceMoose

I have my doubts that many who go even took a minute to consider the morality behind attending and lending their support to this sham. If they had, then they would not have gone. I suspect that the number one priority would have been "will I have fun?" and increasingly the answer to that question seems to be "No, you will not".

I think that's wide of the mark and a bit insulting - people are capable of making their own decisions.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 12:00 - Nov 18 with 2071 viewsbrazil1982

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:20 - Nov 18 by iamatractorboy

Which will surely happen, unless they get some, erm, 'help' a la South Korea 2002.

I think Qatar have a chance of qualifying from that group, the players have been training for this, for many, many years.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 12:02 - Nov 18 with 2062 viewsDevereuxxx

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:41 - Nov 18 by LankHenners

The bigger story from this is about what else could they suddenly turn back on? All along there's been vague reassurances about LBGTQ+ people being allowed to be seen together in public in contradiction of usual laws but what if Qatar suddenly say their laws on homosexuality will be enforced to the full extent?

Completely agree. Calls into question everything Qatar has said about the World Cup being inclusive.

It's still unclear how they are going to enforce this World Cup as well. All it takes is a couple of security personnel to take offense for it to escalate into a real incident - the example of the Danish film crew showed how the actions of just a couple of security personnel can escalate. If evidence arises of LGBTQ+ fans being harassed or even arrested, the international condemnation of FIFA should be deafening.
Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 12:03 - Nov 18 with 2057 viewsitfcjoe

Sounds like Qatar are just able to dominate FIFA and have them over an (oil) barrel

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 12:12 - Nov 18 with 2014 viewsSpruceMoose

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 11:56 - Nov 18 by JakeITFC

I think that's wide of the mark and a bit insulting - people are capable of making their own decisions.

I'm aware. And they had football as their highest priority when making that decision.

I'm not judging. I'm just pointing it out as it can hardly be a surprise how this has gone given everything we know about the hosts. It's a classuc case of "chat sh1t get banged". No point complaining when a country behaves in the exact manner we've been told to expect.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Qatar asking FIFA to ban all alcohol from stadiums on 12:45 - Nov 18 with 1853 viewsbrazil1982

You can still purchase beer if you're in corporate!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024