Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massively Random 09:26 - Dec 5 with 1542 viewsBlueandTruesince82

But do we have any voice over artists on TWTD?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Massively Random on 10:06 - Dec 5 with 1500 viewshomer_123

Barry Scott style?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Massively Random on 10:12 - Dec 5 with 1485 viewsMookamoo

Don't know any personally. I use this agency: https://www.voicefox.co.uk/

You can get something much cheaper on Fiverr, but have had very mixed results
Massively Random on 10:25 - Dec 5 with 1450 viewsgiant_stow

I'm available if you needs are niche (think stoner-London-not-cockerney-middle-aged-mumbler)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Massively Random on 10:47 - Dec 5 with 1422 viewsBlueBadger

YES I CAN HEAR YOU CLEM FANDANGO

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Massively Random on 12:09 - Dec 5 with 1353 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Thanks all, I'm not actually looking for someone, I'm looking to understand how one gets into it as it feels rather more difficult than simply recording myself and sending it off to a talent agency.

All my adult life people have told me I should be doing it so I just wanted some knowledge.

If anyone does have any insight please do send a PM

Massively Random on 12:42 - Dec 5 with 1311 viewsHARRY10

Massively random ?

I would suggest your request is actually quite specific
Massively Random on 13:12 - Dec 5 with 1268 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Massively Random on 12:42 - Dec 5 by HARRY10

Massively random ?

I would suggest your request is actually quite specific

A specific request but a random question, esp for a football forum? Even if it's the non football side of a football forum.

Massively Random on 13:21 - Dec 5 with 1240 viewsPlums

Massively Random on 12:09 - Dec 5 by BlueandTruesince82

Thanks all, I'm not actually looking for someone, I'm looking to understand how one gets into it as it feels rather more difficult than simply recording myself and sending it off to a talent agency.

All my adult life people have told me I should be doing it so I just wanted some knowledge.

If anyone does have any insight please do send a PM

About 20 years ago, I had the brief pleasure of spending a day with this guy as he did some voiceovers for a software product (think the MS Word dog/ paperclip type of thing)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Silk

At that point in time, he was in his early twenties and working from a very well established studio in his parents' attic. I can't help you get into the business but I do know that it's not a 'voice over' but actually an 'acting' role. Perhaps some radio orientated drama lessons (if such a thing exists) might be a starting point? Of course in the world of podcasting, there are so many more thousands of 'voices' out there now.

Good luck. Follow your dream.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Massively Random on 18:57 - Dec 5 with 1159 viewsfactual_blue

Massively Random on 13:12 - Dec 5 by BlueandTruesince82

A specific request but a random question, esp for a football forum? Even if it's the non football side of a football forum.

If you selected the words in the question, and put them together in an order that is both syntactically and grammatically accurate, then it's not really a 'random' question.

If you used a randomising algorithm to select the words and their order, you might end up with something that isn't a question, let alone syntactically and grammatically accurate.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Massively Random on 19:21 - Dec 5 with 1143 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Massively Random on 18:57 - Dec 5 by factual_blue

If you selected the words in the question, and put them together in an order that is both syntactically and grammatically accurate, then it's not really a 'random' question.

If you used a randomising algorithm to select the words and their order, you might end up with something that isn't a question, let alone syntactically and grammatically accurate.

TBF I was just using slang🤷‍♂️ feel like it works TBH.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 19:21]

Massively Random on 20:18 - Dec 5 with 1094 viewsjontysnut

Massively Random on 13:21 - Dec 5 by Plums

About 20 years ago, I had the brief pleasure of spending a day with this guy as he did some voiceovers for a software product (think the MS Word dog/ paperclip type of thing)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Silk

At that point in time, he was in his early twenties and working from a very well established studio in his parents' attic. I can't help you get into the business but I do know that it's not a 'voice over' but actually an 'acting' role. Perhaps some radio orientated drama lessons (if such a thing exists) might be a starting point? Of course in the world of podcasting, there are so many more thousands of 'voices' out there now.

Good luck. Follow your dream.

Many years ago I was involved in making an audio version of a benefits leaflet. This guy turned up like a slightly more camp version of Kenneth Williams swapping salacious gossip with the engineers. When it came to recording his voice dropped a couple of octaves, full of gravitas. When it was over he was back to normal. John Peel said he couldn't believe how much he got paid for basically reading stuff out on adverts etc.
Massively Random on 20:22 - Dec 5 with 1086 viewsPlums

Massively Random on 20:18 - Dec 5 by jontysnut

Many years ago I was involved in making an audio version of a benefits leaflet. This guy turned up like a slightly more camp version of Kenneth Williams swapping salacious gossip with the engineers. When it came to recording his voice dropped a couple of octaves, full of gravitas. When it was over he was back to normal. John Peel said he couldn't believe how much he got paid for basically reading stuff out on adverts etc.

A more camp version of Kenneth Williams? That alone must have been worth his fee!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Massively Random on 20:27 - Dec 5 with 1063 viewsbazza

Few piss artists..
Massively Random on 22:16 - Dec 5 with 999 viewsITFC_Forever

I do know someone…. Mate’s wife is one.

No idea how she got into it though.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024