Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one 07:20 - Jan 14 with 2220 viewsGavTWTD

5/1 for a Plymouth win?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 07:25 - Jan 14 with 2183 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Might a lot of money been put on an Ipswich win?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 07:30 - Jan 14 with 2158 viewsPioneerBlue

I expect it is based on us leading on key metrics but it does go to show the unfashionable table toppers are not held in the regard their league position deserves. People have be saying they will drop off since Aug!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 07:35 - Jan 14 with 2136 viewsEly_Blue

Could be because they are more likely to draw than win?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 08:51 - Jan 14 with 1969 viewsHerbivore

Plymouth's away record is decent but not much more. They win less than half of their away games and we've only lost once at home all season, so a Plymouth win is comfortably the least likely result. That doesn't mean they can't win of course, but a good result for them is a draw.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 08:55 - Jan 14 with 1947 viewsxrayspecs

Agreed. You can also get 3/1 on the draw.

An £8 stake (£3 on Plymouth and £5 on draw) returns £10-12 profit if Town fail to win, which seems a decent punt.
I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 09:37 - Jan 14 with 1791 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Does sound long odds. The Whittaker loss is big though, and our new signings are huge for this league.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 09:46 - Jan 14 with 1752 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I think it is an indication that Plymouth are not going to play on the front foot against us. Therefore, the likelihood of them winning the game is diminished.

Listening to Schumacher, it seems likely that they know that they cannot just sit deep though. Presumably, they will try to press us high now and again, but will likely play a more counter-attacking style game.

At Home Park, they really only created a few chances, mostly involving Whittaker, and scored from 2 wonderful finishes after firstly Chaplin went down looking for a foul, and secondly, after Fridge gave the ball away cheaply.

If I was a betting man, I would have money on us today.
I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 09:47 - Jan 14 with 1749 viewslazyblue

I would never bet on a town win anyway it’s a jinx .
Login to get fewer ads

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 09:56 - Jan 14 with 1696 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Might have a punt on that to cushion any heartbreak later

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 10:03 - Jan 14 with 1662 viewsHerbivore

Just read that Plymouth only have one win in their last six away games, which is probably why they are such long odds today. Bolton aside, those six away games haven't exactly been against the top sides either.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 10:33 - Jan 14 with 1551 viewsWallingford_Boy

They have lost Whittaker and their skipper, we have Broadhead, we are at home, we have the much better squad, we are due a decent performance.

3-o win.

RIP Sir Bobby

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 10:51 - Jan 14 with 1488 viewsZx1988

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 08:55 - Jan 14 by xrayspecs

Agreed. You can also get 3/1 on the draw.

An £8 stake (£3 on Plymouth and £5 on draw) returns £10-12 profit if Town fail to win, which seems a decent punt.

Good call.

I've popped a small stake on Plymouth/Draw with SkyBet at about 18/10, which will serve to soften the blow if we fail to win.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 11:37 - Jan 14 with 1304 viewsLankHenners

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 10:03 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Just read that Plymouth only have one win in their last six away games, which is probably why they are such long odds today. Bolton aside, those six away games haven't exactly been against the top sides either.

Dropped a 2 goal lead at Bristol Rovers and conceded a last minute equaliser to Burton as well and seem to play a bit more reserved away from home. A point for them today is more than fine from their point of view.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 13:13 - Jan 14 with 1071 viewsGuthrum

At home they are W12 D0 L1, the foundation of their League position. Away they are W5 D6 L2 and have only played five of the current top half teams. Not unrealistic their odds are longer at Portman Rd.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 13:46 - Jan 14 with 944 viewsThe_Realist_09

I guess their home record being an absolute joke makes their away form look bad, despite being pretty darn good still!
I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 13:54 - Jan 14 with 908 viewsBLUEGOLD

I really don't see why we're such favourites for this one on 13:46 - Jan 14 by The_Realist_09

I guess their home record being an absolute joke makes their away form look bad, despite being pretty darn good still!

Nearly 2/1 on a Plymouth win or draw is good value to be fair.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024