Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally 14:30 - Jan 18 with 1653 viewsCrawfordsboot

Despite the women attracting gates of around 5,000 max and the men 45,000 max.

Charlotte Church is now demanding pay parity with Tom Jones!

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 1604 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't really see any issue with this.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 14:34 - Jan 18 with 1606 viewsSheffordBlue

The English national team have been doing this for a few years now:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12062579/england-mens-and-womens-t

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 14:55 - Jan 18 with 1544 viewsCrawfordsboot

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 14:33 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

I don't really see any issue with this.

You’re probably right though the national FAs are largely funded by gate money and broadcasting rights so in effect the men’s game is heavily subsidising the women.
I look forward to England men’s netball getting equal benefit with the women :)
Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:04 - Jan 18 with 1507 viewsKeno

"Charlotte Church is now demanding pay parity with Tom Jones!

To be fair thats not unusual

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:32 - Jan 18 with 1434 viewsFixed_It

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:04 - Jan 18 by Keno

"Charlotte Church is now demanding pay parity with Tom Jones!

To be fair thats not unusual

You know what they say, the grass is always green greener...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 1387 viewsHighgateBlue

They've made a good start. They already pay their Welsh players the same as all their English ones...

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:39 - Jan 18 with 1367 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I guess its symbolic, and the guys have agreed a 25% pay cut to pay for it, so its not a major issue.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:40 - Jan 18 with 1363 viewsMattinLondon

As a matter of equality, equal pay is a good thing. No one is disputing the fact that the men will still make a lot more money though sponsorship etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:40 - Jan 18 with 1355 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 14:34 - Jan 18 by SheffordBlue

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12062579/england-mens-and-womens-t

£1,000 sounds low. I assumed it was more like £10,000.

The men donate their match fee to charity, I assume the women do the same.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:44 - Jan 18 with 1296 viewsEireannach_gorm

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 14:34 - Jan 18 by SheffordBlue

Quickly followed by the Republic of Ireland.

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/equal-pay-agreed-for-both-mnt-wnt

Of course they had to threaten to strike to get this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/04/republic-ireland-women-strike
Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:50 - Jan 18 with 1245 viewsSwansea_Blue

A bit out with your attendances - Wales' women can attract gates of over 15k. Less than the men, but still pretty good. Besides, this is about appearance fees and the like isn't it, not there main salary which will still be significantly less I imagine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 19:06 - Jan 18 with 992 viewsCrawfordsboot

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:50 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

A bit out with your attendances - Wales' women can attract gates of over 15k. Less than the men, but still pretty good. Besides, this is about appearance fees and the like isn't it, not there main salary which will still be significantly less I imagine.

Sorry about the numbers error - I miss read an article, however the point is still valid.

I fully support amateur men’s and women’s national teams receiving equal allowances and funding when representing their country. It is also good to see extra funding going into the launch of women’s football but professional women players arguing equal pay rights with professional men’s sides strikes me as unsustainable.
TopWomen pro golfers earn less than the top men because their product earns less in the marketplace. Why should football be any different?
Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 20:58 - Jan 18 with 841 viewsBig_Jase

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 15:40 - Jan 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

£1,000 sounds low. I assumed it was more like £10,000.

The men donate their match fee to charity, I assume the women do the same.

Women’s club wages are nowhere near the level of the men’s though, I’d be surprised if they didn’t keep it. I’ve read the average salary in the WSL is £30,000 a year.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Welsh FA to pay men’s and women’s teams equally on 09:25 - Jan 19 with 553 viewsWakh

Embarrassed by this post. It's 2023. We blokes have had 150 years to build the brand and the girls have only just been set free. FFS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024