Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GB news has a new presenter/show 15:12 - Jan 26 with 2455 viewsgtsb1966

I would advise some of you with a short temper not to watch. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64409947
GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:18 - Jan 26 with 2388 viewsStokieBlue

He's really got the BS meter going into override here:

"GB News is a bastion of free speech which clearly has its finger uniquely on the pulse of public opinion and does not talk down to its viewers and listeners.

I have been impressed by the channel's independent-mindedness and its determination to talk to people with many different perspectives, which is exactly what I will do on my programme."

Not really sure that sitting MP's should be allowed to host their own shows, especially when he's clearly going to push his rather lopsided views on it.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:20 - Jan 26 with 2362 viewsIllinoisblue

“Other presenters include Nigel Farage, John Cleese and Eamonn Holmes.” Jesus facking wept

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:35 - Jan 26 with 2289 viewsHARRY10

The stick insect is good 'entertainment

You know he's going to get it wrong.... from Grenville to Paterson

And being sacked by the gutbucket for being incompetent is about as low as you can get - Rees-Mogg was sacked

Shunted off to a non job, hunting for the benefits of Brexit, he spend 6 months and turned up what could be politely referred to as Farque Hall

His ranking in the House is just above the bewigged Fabricant

An object of ridicule at both Eton and Oxford, I'm sure this absurdity will do his best to live up to those standards
GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:43 - Jan 26 with 2255 viewsSmithersJones

GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:20 - Jan 26 by Illinoisblue

“Other presenters include Nigel Farage, John Cleese and Eamonn Holmes.” Jesus facking wept

And "a vocal supporter of previous prime ministers Liz Truss and Boris Johnson" is hardly something you'd put on your CV, you'd have thought
GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:44 - Jan 26 with 2231 viewsSwansea_Blue

GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:18 - Jan 26 by StokieBlue

"GB News is a bastion of free speech which clearly has its finger uniquely on the pulse of public opinion and does not talk down to its viewers and listeners.

I have been impressed by the channel's independent-mindedness and its determination to talk to people with many different perspectives, which is exactly what I will do on my programme."

Not really sure that sitting MP's should be allowed to host their own shows, especially when he's clearly going to push his rather lopsided views on it.

SB

My first thought was whether it was appropriate. I suppose several MPs have had, or have, newspaper columns or write articles for newspapers. They’d no doubt argue it’s important to communicate to a wide an audience as possible (certainly if they’re members of the govt). Not that I see how this will help his constituents.

It’ll obviously be a load of bollox in this example, but as a principal it’s probably ok.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:58 - Jan 26 with 2166 viewsGlasgowBlue

GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:18 - Jan 26 by StokieBlue

SB

Completely agree with your final para, and I’ve been saying this for a while.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

GB news has a new presenter/show on 16:40 - Jan 26 with 2008 viewsBrianTablet

Those barrels won't scrape themselves, you know.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 16:41]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

GB news has a new presenter/show on 16:49 - Jan 26 with 1982 viewsJ2BLUE

Meh. Just preaching to the converted really.

No one who disagrees with the channel's general vibe is going to sit there and watch GB News. It's just an echo chamber for people who already think that way.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

GB news has a new presenter/show on 17:01 - Jan 26 with 1921 viewsmylittletown

They almost make JRM look sensible and balanced.

What a crew of w4nkers.
GB news has a new presenter/show on 17:02 - Jan 26 with 1922 viewsDanTheMan

GB news has a new presenter/show on 16:49 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

Meh. Just preaching to the converted really.

No one who disagrees with the channel's general vibe is going to sit there and watch GB News. It's just an echo chamber for people who already think that way.

You could say the same about Fox News, but that causes tremendous harm in America by pushing people deeper into a rabbit hole.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

GB news has a new presenter/show on 19:09 - Jan 26 with 1724 viewsMattinLondon

It regularly surprises me that MPs have the time to do things like this as well as other second jobs. I always thought that the role of an MP was so time consuming that after their Parliamentary duties and dealing with issues relating to their constituents, they had little time to do anything else.
GB news has a new presenter/show on 19:11 - Jan 26 with 1704 viewsDanTheMan

GB news has a new presenter/show on 19:09 - Jan 26 by MattinLondon

It regularly surprises me that MPs have the time to do things like this as well as other second jobs. I always thought that the role of an MP was so time consuming that after their Parliamentary duties and dealing with issues relating to their constituents, they had little time to do anything else.

It does tend to fly in the face of "MPs are so busy and should get paid more".

See also, well-paying second jobs.

GB news has a new presenter/show on 19:17 - Jan 26 with 1683 viewsSwansea_Blue

It is incredibly time consuming, if you take public service literally and seriously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

GB news has a new presenter/show on 19:40 - Jan 26 with 1630 viewsHARRY10

I don't think they get issued with anything. Constiruency matters are usually dealt with by their staff and it really is u to them how much work they put in.

Clearly this absurdity has twigged which way the wind is blowing and is looking for somethiu#ng to occupy his time after the next GE. Unlike Farage and Johnson I suspect this clueless eejit actually believes what he says and thinks if he says it in a slow and ponderous voice it will add gravitas to his nonsense.

With Fax news v kGB news, it is that folk in the US are far more credulous than over here (inc Europe). The conman in the US who told his numpty followers that he would blow COVID away would be seen as a character out of Little Britain, not someone to send money to.

However there are the stupid in the UK all too willing to be exploited. Those who a century or more ago would have held that the devil was responsible for all the misfortunes that befell them. Now it is some other 'evil force.

A mixture of the EU, BBC, CofE, teachers, nurses, etc....all of whom are the disciples of a more invisible but more oowerful entity. The globalists*, who control the world like some Dr No figure. Stroking a white cat and plotting the worlds downfall

* it hasn't occured to these thickos that Farage was promising after brexit that the UK would become a global player, trading around the world (it already was)
GB news has a new presenter/show on 21:41 - Jan 26 with 1478 viewsElderGrizzly

Look at this for output

GB news has a new presenter/show on 22:04 - Jan 26 with 1407 viewsIllinoisblue

GB news has a new presenter/show on 21:41 - Jan 26 by ElderGrizzly

Look at this for output

Genuine appointment TV. As in I’ll make an appointment for anything other than that bilge.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

GB news has a new presenter/show on 22:14 - Jan 26 with 1377 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

GB news has a new presenter/show on 15:58 - Jan 26 by GlasgowBlue

Completely agree with your final para, and I’ve been saying this for a while.

Why not?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

GB news has a new presenter/show on 11:38 - Jan 27 with 1138 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

GB news has a new presenter/show on 22:14 - Jan 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why not?

I would suggest because they should be doing the job WE are paying them to.
GB news has a new presenter/show on 11:41 - Jan 27 with 1133 viewsDanTheMan

GB news has a new presenter/show on 11:38 - Jan 27 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I would suggest because they should be doing the job WE are paying them to.

They should just ban MPs from doing any private sector work. That still enables people who are qualified doctors / nurses to continue practising if they somehow have spare time for it but blocks all the other nonsense.

GB news has a new presenter/show on 12:16 - Jan 27 with 1049 viewsHARRY10

GB news has a new presenter/show on 11:41 - Jan 27 by DanTheMan

They should just ban MPs from doing any private sector work. That still enables people who are qualified doctors / nurses to continue practising if they somehow have spare time for it but blocks all the other nonsense.

Allow them, but what is earned is deducted from their MPs pay.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024