Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never thought I’d say this 06:25 - Feb 8 with 2634 viewstextbackup

But I’d be pretty happy seeing jackson start in place of burns Saturday.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Never thought I’d say this on 06:51 - Feb 8 with 2534 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It seems we now know Kayden's most effective position. We all know he has electric pace, and that right channel is the best place for him to use it, depending on the opposition. No use against packed defences, but in an open game it is a real weapon. Burns is one of the best finishers at the club, so horses for courses, let's trust in Kieran to pick the right ones for each opposition, including Plan B.

Poll: would you rather

Never thought I’d say this on 06:54 - Feb 8 with 2518 viewsRIPbobby

Yep. Play Jackson for the first hour to ruin the opposition then bring on burns for the last 30.
Never thought I’d say this on 07:20 - Feb 8 with 2433 viewsHerbivore

Only really works against an opponent that's willing to push up a bit and allow us space in behind. He's in really good form right now but not sure he'd be as effective in games where sides are sticking ten behind the ball and defending their box. Ironically, I think if we get up he could be a better option than Burns a lot of the time in the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Never thought I’d say this on 07:49 - Feb 8 with 2328 viewsWubbleU

I get this one but both Burns and Jackson are great in an open attack but when the whole match compresses in the final third neither quite have enough to get in a good cross, they do have enough to get in a cross to close to the keeper but they need to create a fraction more space to pull the ball back.
Our problem number 1 is we are great at attacking at pace in an open play but we have no creative spark when the game crowds in the final third. Teams know it so they happily let the game condense then wait for one of the numerous clearances to catch us wide open to the counter attack.
Never thought I’d say this on 07:54 - Feb 8 with 2293 viewsDaninthecampo

With Wes carrying a knock and Wednesday will come to try and play and open game, i would start Jeckson
Never thought I’d say this on 08:07 - Feb 8 with 2212 viewsGuthrum

Jackson's pretty good at defending, too. He put in at least one good clearance last night.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Never thought I’d say this on 08:10 - Feb 8 with 2198 viewsHerbivore

Never thought I’d say this on 07:54 - Feb 8 by Daninthecampo

With Wes carrying a knock and Wednesday will come to try and play and open game, i would start Jeckson

Wednesday don't really play an open game when at home to bottom half sides, I doubt they'll be doing it at PR. Their game is largely built around being solid.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Never thought I’d say this on 09:19 - Feb 8 with 2032 viewsDarth_Koont

I think he’s an underrated weapon out wide purely because we’re used to Burns looking pretty good and scoring a few goals too.

However, it’s a smaller sample size but Jackson is easily one of our most consistently accurate crossers of a ball from out wide. Probably because he actually lifts his head and picks out the player which doesn’t seem to be as important for a few others.

Certainly think there’s an argument for sharing the load on the right with Burns/Jackson swapping at some stage and keeping the pace, intensity and threat in behind the left back going for the full 90.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Never thought I’d say this on 09:24 - Feb 8 with 1949 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He absolutely terrorised Wednesday at their place. His best performance in am Ipswich shirt

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Never thought I’d say this on 09:25 - Feb 8 with 1951 viewsCityBlue

Never thought I’d say this on 08:07 - Feb 8 by Guthrum

Jackson's pretty good at defending, too. He put in at least one good clearance last night.

He is the epitome of defending from the front.

He created one of the goals vs Rotherham by stealing possession deep in their own half.

I T I D

Never thought I’d say this on 09:56 - Feb 8 with 1861 viewsDaninthecampo

Never thought I’d say this on 08:10 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

Wednesday don't really play an open game when at home to bottom half sides, I doubt they'll be doing it at PR. Their game is largely built around being solid.

Open game is probably the wrong word but I can't see them sitting back and defending all game
Never thought I’d say this on 10:20 - Feb 8 with 1779 viewsbilllm

At least he can cross the ball,
Never thought I’d say this on 11:01 - Feb 8 with 1651 viewscbower

Never thought I’d say this on 07:20 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

Only really works against an opponent that's willing to push up a bit and allow us space in behind. He's in really good form right now but not sure he'd be as effective in games where sides are sticking ten behind the ball and defending their box. Ironically, I think if we get up he could be a better option than Burns a lot of the time in the Championship.

You're right. The type of opponent is critical to his effectiveness. He is not going to take people on but he thrives on teams that allow a bit of space in behind them. In order to exploit that, it also needs someone like Aluko or Humphreys to deliver the right ball. For all his quality, Morsy is not that player and Evans excels at the crossfield ball but not the kind of pass Aluko delivered last night.

bluescouser

Never thought I’d say this on 11:07 - Feb 8 with 1621 viewsSteve_M

Never thought I’d say this on 11:01 - Feb 8 by cbower

You're right. The type of opponent is critical to his effectiveness. He is not going to take people on but he thrives on teams that allow a bit of space in behind them. In order to exploit that, it also needs someone like Aluko or Humphreys to deliver the right ball. For all his quality, Morsy is not that player and Evans excels at the crossfield ball but not the kind of pass Aluko delivered last night.

Perhaps worth noting that Broadhead's ball to Ladapo against Morecombe was similar.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Never thought I’d say this on 13:30 - Feb 8 with 1450 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Burns seems to pop up with goals in the big games though. Give him 60mins and then bring on Jackson.

I know Weds rested a few players against Fleetwood but they couldn’t beat them over two games, probably make for some interesting viewing for KMc before Saturday!
Never thought I’d say this on 05:28 - Feb 9 with 1079 viewsChrisd

Never thought I’d say this on 09:56 - Feb 8 by Daninthecampo

Open game is probably the wrong word but I can't see them sitting back and defending all game

Me neither. Feel it will be a game similar to the Plymouth home game. Wednesday are on an incredible run of league form, they’ll be brimming with confidence. They’ll certainly fancy their chances against us on Saturday.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Never thought I’d say this on 06:15 - Feb 9 with 1023 viewschicoazul

Just as long as he doesn’t play Keogh.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Never thought I’d say this on 06:49 - Feb 9 with 964 viewstextbackup

Never thought I’d say this on 08:10 - Feb 8 by Herbivore

As others have said, I can see them being solid, but they are favourites to win this IMO, so will fancy their chances. And if they push up it leaves space.

Whatever happens, whoever plays, I just want a fckin win!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024