Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation 20:31 - Apr 27 with 2954 viewsMaySixth

not quite worked out for the young man

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:36 - Apr 27 with 2893 viewsMattinLondon

Depends how you look at it. He’s played a fair few games for them in a higher division than us. May get relegated may not. But the move hasn’t been a disaster for him.
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 with 2807 viewsxrayspecs

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:36 - Apr 27 by MattinLondon

Depends how you look at it. He’s played a fair few games for them in a higher division than us. May get relegated may not. But the move hasn’t been a disaster for him.

He has played 119 minutes this season, from 9 sub appearances.

He was injured until late November.

Next season will be the one where he needs to kick on, L1 may be a better platform for him to develop his game and then hopefully push on.

That KM was happy to let him move on, is enough for me.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 20:46]
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 with 2806 viewsKropotkin123

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:36 - Apr 27 by MattinLondon

A few games? He's played 119 mins across 9 substitute appearances.

I think I'd choose to look at it objectively. Through an objective lens it has not been a good move.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 with 2797 viewsChurchman

Age 21, eight appearances this season as of middle of March. Not sure how many as a starter. Plenty of injuries, apparently. Warnock said:

"I said to Tyreece he’s got everything in his locker to go as far as he wants to go. But he’s got to do it in his own mind. He can’t just be exciting and look good, he’s got to play for the team."
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:47 - Apr 27 with 2778 viewsKropotkin123

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 by xrayspecs

Next season will be the one where he needs to kick on, L1 may be a better platform for him to develop his game and then hopefully push on.

beat me to it

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:48 - Apr 27 with 2774 viewsxrayspecs

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 by Kropotkin123

I think I'd choose to look at it objectively. Through an objective lens it has not been a good move.

Not sure I agree with that, it is a big step up from L2 where he had a decent half season and the Champ. Was bound to take him time to find his feet and was injured for first four months of season.

But I agree, he has yet to show he can flourish at this level.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 20:49]
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:52 - Apr 27 with 2727 viewsxrayspecs

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 by Churchman

Age 21, eight appearances this season as of middle of March. Not sure how many as a starter. Plenty of injuries, apparently. Warnock said:

"I said to Tyreece he’s got everything in his locker to go as far as he wants to go. But he’s got to do it in his own mind. He can’t just be exciting and look good, he’s got to play for the team."

He was late convert to football and while he obvious physical strengths, I do wonder if he has the technical skills to play at a high level and also a football IQ.
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:53 - Apr 27 with 2697 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Add in to everything already said on here:

He isn't the right type of player for us now. He wouldn't have played for us except perhaps the amount Ahadme did and would probably have been loaned out and we were offering lower wages.

Would he have hoped to have played more and done better? Yes, I am sure. Is he in any worse place than he would have been had he stayed with us? I very much doubt it.

Good luck to the lad. I hope it does work out for him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:55 - Apr 27 with 2674 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 by Kropotkin123

Not sure a player with his lack of experience would have expected too much more in a side which has been struggling at the wrong end of the table having missed much of the season with injury. A player of similar profile here wouldn't have played as much outside of the Papa Johns Trophy.
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:57 - Apr 27 with 2613 viewsParky

Good job.
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 21:07 - Apr 27 with 2484 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 20:46 - Apr 27 by xrayspecs

That’s pretty poor in terms of development time. To be fair though players develop at different rates. He seems immature, so maybe he needs more time to get his attitude right even if physically he’s ok. If relegated though, he’s not exactly put himself in the shop window to get a move back up the pyramid has he?

Do we miss him? Do we heck.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 21:34 - Apr 27 with 2301 viewsHighgateBlue

What would he have got here though? Whether it's a good move must surely be judged by the alternative to making that move. Getting hardly any game time and scoring no goals in the Championship is better than getting hardly any game time and scoring no goals in League One.

The really bad move (for him) was leaving Swindon, where he was really excelling. That was not his call though, of course.
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 21:36 - Apr 27 with 2289 viewsxrayspecs

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 21:34 - Apr 27 by HighgateBlue

What would he have got here though? Whether it's a good move must surely be judged by the alternative to making that move. Getting hardly any game time and scoring no goals in the Championship is better than getting hardly any game time and scoring no goals in League One.

The really bad move (for him) was leaving Swindon, where he was really excelling. That was not his call though, of course.

It was. He had a choice.
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 22:05 - Apr 27 with 2101 viewscressi

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 21:36 - Apr 27 by xrayspecs

It was. He had a choice.

Rather have John Jules similar age
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 10:16 - Apr 28 with 1618 viewsRIPbobby

I just think you need to be nicer to people. Why would you worry if he does well or bad. Just wish him well friend.
Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 10:23 - Apr 28 with 1577 viewsRadlett_blue

although, if Simpson had remained at Town, how many minutes would he have played this season? Very little for Town, I guess. He would have been better off being loaned out again to a club similar to Swindon. If Huddersfield are relegated, it might actually work out better for him.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 10:30 - Apr 28 with 1529 viewsBiGDonnie

I'd say it's a disaster. Never starts for them, hasn't scored and very possible the club he left for them will be passing on the way up.

He'll be in non league before too long I reckon.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 11:31 - Apr 28 with 1395 viewsitfcjoe

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 21:34 - Apr 27 by HighgateBlue

A 4 year contract at a Championship club on presumably ok money is a better move than a further year or two here on development squad money.

I'm sure he has zero regrets about the move, he was out injured until after the World Cup break, if they stay up I think he'll do just fine next season (even if that does entail a loan move into League 1)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tyreece Simpson : 0 goals for Huddersfield and potential relegation on 13:21 - Apr 28 with 1199 viewsfranz_tyson

George Hirst didn't score for Blackburn... and is a few years older. Yet he's came good.

The way I see it - at the time, Simpson was more use to us as 500k( or whatever ) in the coffers than as a player. He could well come good in a couple of years time, but we needed a better striker/s for this season. He wasn't deemed good enough or fitted McKenna's style - so we parted company. Maybe a move that suited everyone, although maybe Huddersfield may not see it yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024