Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. 18:41 - May 5 with 8490 viewsSitfcB

Hopefully won’t concern us but blimey, a lot more games to be televised.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-announces-landmark-broadcasting-deal-with-

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 18:45 - May 5 with 5078 viewsArnieM

Well as I see it , that’s ifollow down the pan now then.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 18:47 - May 5 with 5045 viewsIllinoisblue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 18:45 - May 5 by ArnieM

Yep, it’s right there. Effectively kills it domestically.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 18:48 - May 5 with 5051 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

328 of the 540 games televised - wow.

Edit: that must be 328 over the course of the contract right?
[Post edited 5 May 2023 18:49]

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 18:58 - May 5 with 4992 viewsJDB23

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 18:48 - May 5 by SlippinJimmyJuan

328 of the 540 games televised - wow.

Edit: that must be 328 over the course of the contract right?
[Post edited 5 May 2023 18:49]

Nope every season. 5 Championship games every game weekend plus all the midweek/bank hol fixtures by the looks of it.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:05 - May 5 with 4945 viewsSitfcB

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 18:58 - May 5 by JDB23

Nope every season. 5 Championship games every game weekend plus all the midweek/bank hol fixtures by the looks of it.

Going to be some funny KO times I reckon, Friday/Saturday/Monday nights, Sunday afternoons.

19:45 on a Saturday would be good!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:06 - May 5 with 4936 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

That's bonkers! Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Sky were doing away with the red button as well, so surely this would amount to them showing Championship football most nights a week?

The impact of this on attendances will definitely be something for the owners to consider when looking at increasing the capacity of PR.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:19 - May 5 with 4851 viewsIllinoisblue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:05 - May 5 by SitfcB

Going to be some funny KO times I reckon, Friday/Saturday/Monday nights, Sunday afternoons.

There’ll be games on every day of the week. Madness.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:19 - May 5 with 4855 viewsle2blue

I guess Sky are planning for when they lose the premier league rights to Disney and Apple, they need content.
Login to get fewer ads

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:22 - May 5 with 4833 viewsArnieM

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:19 - May 5 by le2blue

I guess Sky are planning for when they lose the premier league rights to Disney and Apple, they need content.

They need blowing up, I hate Sky.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:26 - May 5 with 4817 viewsDublinBlue84

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:05 - May 5 by SitfcB

Have to say that the good thing about Saturday afternoons is they are easily accessible for people from distances and whatever transport they use.

The effect of playing games at unusual times could be the difference between making it viable or even possible to come to a game or not.

Feels like the league have sold the fans out here out of desperation for the biggest pot of money.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Whither Town TV... (n/t) on 19:42 - May 5 with 4705 viewsScottCandage

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:50 - May 5 with 4671 viewsMark

While it is good for people to be able to see more ITFC games on TV, I do have some concerns:

- Kick off times being moved all over the place, with fewer Saturday matches.
- Impact on attendances at the grounds.
- The new Town TV service not being allowed to show many matches and getting less revenue.
- More temptation to expand LED advertising aimed at TV viewers, possibly making it more intrusive with more flashing and animation.
- Sky hiking prices up further.
- So much football on TV that people lose interest. Saturation football.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 19:53]
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:52 - May 5 with 4638 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’m not sure it’s down the pan, as we’ve less than a 1-in-3 chance of us being on Sky in any week. Sky is the same price as iFollow currently and I assume ITFCTV (or whatever it will be called) will be the same. People will only have to buy 1 stream, so the price probably stays the same. 2/3rds of matches won’t be on Sky so there’s still a need for club stream.

People with a Sky subscription will save money, that’s the only benefit I can see.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:56 - May 5 with 4601 viewsSwansea_Blue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:50 - May 5 by Mark

While it is good for people to be able to see more ITFC games on TV, I do have some concerns:

- The new Town TV service not being allowed to show many matches and getting less revenue.
- More temptation to expand LED advertising aimed at TV viewers, possibly making it more intrusive with more flashing and animation.

Yes to most of that. It doesn’t affect attendances though (we’ve proven that this year with all our sellouts).
Agree on whether IpsTV will be commercially viable
I hate LED boards
Saturation yes, but not an issue for us (I’d happily watch every one of our games). I don’t have a Sky package though and wouldn’t want one.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 20:10 - May 5 with 4542 viewsDublinBlue84

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:52 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

I’m not sure it’s down the pan, as we’ve less than a 1-in-3 chance of us being on Sky in any week. Sky is the same price as iFollow currently and I assume ITFCTV (or whatever it will be called) will be the same. People will only have to buy 1 stream, so the price probably stays the same. 2/3rds of matches won’t be on Sky so there’s still a need for club stream.

People with a Sky subscription will save money, that’s the only benefit I can see.

It is down the pan, there are no streaming rights anymore in the UK. IFollow or Town TV will not offer ANY video streaming in the UK as part of this deal.

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 20:11 - May 5 with 4537 viewsMark

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:56 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

Yes to most of that. It doesn’t affect attendances though (we’ve proven that this year with all our sellouts).
Agree on whether IpsTV will be commercially viable
I hate LED boards
Saturation yes, but not an issue for us (I’d happily watch every one of our games). I don’t have a Sky package though and wouldn’t want one.

Our attendances have been fantastic, unbelieveable. I do think Sky moving matches from Saturday afternoons to Sundays / weekday evenings could affect ticket sales however, especially if our results are not going so well. Of course, if we keep winning we will continue to sell out and long may that continue!
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 20:47 - May 5 with 4389 viewsAlberto_the_frog

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 20:10 - May 5 by DublinBlue84

It is down the pan, there are no streaming rights anymore in the UK. IFollow or Town TV will not offer ANY video streaming in the UK as part of this deal.

That's right, but it doesn't start for another year. Not sure if it will be worth setting up Town TV just for one season.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 20:59 - May 5 with 4315 viewsMiaow

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 20:59 - May 5 with 4313 viewsyesjohn99

Fixture list won’t be worth the paper it’s written on.

Fcuk sky
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:26 - May 5 with 4177 viewsskinnybob72

5/12 Championship games televised every weekend!

Basically almost half of every teams games will not be at 3pm on a Saturday is how I’m reading this. In theory if we are doing well and SKY see our games as being attractive to fatties sitting in their armchair we could end up with single figures home games at 3pm on a Saturday. That sucks.
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:35 - May 5 with 4133 viewsITFC_Forever

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:26 - May 5 by skinnybob72

Basically almost half of every teams games will not be at 3pm on a Saturday is how I’m reading this. In theory if we are doing well and SKY see our games as being attractive to fatties sitting in their armchair we could end up with single figures home games at 3pm on a Saturday. That sucks.

Yep, going to be sh1te.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:36 - May 5 with 4113 viewsFrimleyBlue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:26 - May 5 by skinnybob72

Welcome to watching town games on TV:)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:43 - May 5 with 4085 viewshadleighboyblue

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 19:50 - May 5 by Mark

Looks like Sky will have a monopoly of the games - Not good for those not having Sky .

Sure to affect attendances at the grounds as it becomes more of an armchair sport

Where do BBC , ITV & BT Sports feature in all of this
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:47 - May 5 with 4061 viewscressi

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:36 - May 5 by FrimleyBlue

Welcome to watching town games on TV:)

Being honest if it ends up been Friday nights , Sat nights ,Sundays and midweek I would have to consider would I keep my season due to other commitments not really what I signed up for see where this goes .
New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 22:07 - May 5 with 3943 viewsDublinBlue84

New EFL TV rights for Sky Sports announced. on 21:47 - May 5 by cressi

Being honest if it ends up been Friday nights , Sat nights ,Sundays and midweek I would have to consider would I keep my season due to other commitments not really what I signed up for see where this goes .

Anyone who has to travel a fair distance this will make it unpalatable for Sunday night games if they have work in the morning. And as for those who don't drive with the poor public transport in and around Suffolk on Sunday's and evenings, it might make a season ticket no longer worthwhile.

The good thing about Saturday afternoons is they are accessible almost universally no matter where people come from however they travel to games. The new arrangement will be totally different.

Make no mistake, this is a deal that is focused around what Sky want, not what works for supporters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024