Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Ashton 14:33 - Jan 27 with 1871 viewscressi

We talk a good game loads of money 700 millon over to you now totally embarrassed by this performance.
Well Ashton on 14:34 - Jan 27 with 1854 viewstomo

Come again?
Well Ashton on 14:45 - Jan 27 with 1754 viewsITFCSG

Precisely. Stop talking c0ck and do work ffs. National embarrassment today, the club should refund all tickets sold to home fans for the debacle.
Well Ashton on 14:46 - Jan 27 with 1722 viewspointofblue

Well Ashton on 14:45 - Jan 27 by ITFCSG

Precisely. Stop talking c0ck and do work ffs. National embarrassment today, the club should refund all tickets sold to home fans for the debacle.

Take it out of the player's wages. Not like they did their jobs today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Well Ashton on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 1688 viewsreusersfreekicks

Well Ashton on 14:46 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Take it out of the player's wages. Not like they did their jobs today.

Grow up. Effort was there
Well Ashton on 15:21 - Jan 27 with 1612 viewstomo

Lol
Well Ashton on 16:10 - Jan 27 with 1458 viewsITFCSG

Apparently some people still think that MA, McK and the team should be immune to criticism even after the international debacle today on TV. Pathetic.

P.S. And don't give me the bs that we're 2nd in the Champ etc. I can be a star worker at my work but if I screw up a project on a scale like this, I'd be fired!
Well Ashton on 16:15 - Jan 27 with 1418 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ashtons got to earn his money this week

It's one thing signing players when you have more wages than the rest of the league you're in.

But when you've got limitations you've got to really dig in and do some though work.

5 days to go.....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Well Ashton on 16:15 - Jan 27 with 1403 viewsHerbivore

Well Ashton on 16:10 - Jan 27 by ITFCSG

Apparently some people still think that MA, McK and the team should be immune to criticism even after the international debacle today on TV. Pathetic.

P.S. And don't give me the bs that we're 2nd in the Champ etc. I can be a star worker at my work but if I screw up a project on a scale like this, I'd be fired!

Yeah! Sack the board!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Well Ashton on 16:17 - Jan 27 with 1389 viewsBloomBlue

Embarrassment? It's only a game of football surely you don't get embarrassed by a game of football?
Well Ashton on 16:17 - Jan 27 with 1380 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well Ashton on 16:15 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

Yeah! Sack the board!

Herbz. People can be upset about playing a game without an actual striker in the team.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Well Ashton on 16:21 - Jan 27 with 1347 viewsblueislander

Well Ashton on 16:15 - Jan 27 by Herbivore

Yeah! Sack the board!

Real bedwetter’s central on this thread. With a bit of luck we could have been 3 up after 10 minutes. Their 2nd should never have been allowed, and we were denied a stonewall penalty. But hey ho carry on moaning.
Well Ashton on 16:27 - Jan 27 with 1296 viewsbazza

We talk a good game . Sitting second in the league after just being promoted from league 1 , and got knocked out of the fa cup to a team who defended for their lives and caught us on the counter with their two only shots. I’m sure some of the comments on here are from people who have been on the piss since 10:30, and have lost all perspective, and sanity.
Well Ashton on 16:38 - Jan 27 with 1235 viewsIpswich_Crazy

How is the result Ashton's fault? Stop looking for a scapegoat, we lost, get over it!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Well Ashton on 17:16 - Jan 27 with 1124 viewscressi

Well Ashton on 16:38 - Jan 27 by Ipswich_Crazy

How is the result Ashton's fault? Stop looking for a scapegoat, we lost, get over it!

Think when the going is good people get praise today was awful.
Since Hirst has been injured a striker has been needed yesterday we are days away from the window shutting I think fans who have had 20 yrs of hurt want to see us give ourselves a chance
Well Ashton on 17:25 - Jan 27 with 1048 viewsMattinLondon

Ok, the result was embarrassing and there’s no excuses for not winning. But the one thing more embarrassing is the complete overreaction from some fully grownup babies.

If we win next week no one will care about today. Would I take three points next week over national embarrassment- certainly. Promotion is all that matters.
Well Ashton on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 1015 viewsMattinLondon

If your work can’t see the bigger picture then perhaps you should tell Ronald McDonald to piss off.
Well Ashton on 17:29 - Jan 27 with 998 viewspointofblue

Look, I'm hurting and being utterly unreasonable at the moment but, despite that... how the heck have MA, McK and the team screwed up on a project on a scale like this? Even after today?

Well Ashton on 17:33 - Jan 27 with 958 viewsChurchman

Which people? Nobody has ever said these two or anyone else are beyond criticism.

Your last paragraph: the only element of sport you can truly compare with the working world outside is effort. And that was not lacking. The players gave 100% as they always do.

They were not good enough; Maidstone were excellent and deserve all the credit they’ll undoubtably get. That’s all there is to it.
Well Ashton on 17:38 - Jan 27 with 926 viewspointofblue

Well Ashton on 17:33 - Jan 27 by Churchman

Which people? Nobody has ever said these two or anyone else are beyond criticism.

Your last paragraph: the only element of sport you can truly compare with the working world outside is effort. And that was not lacking. The players gave 100% as they always do.

They were not good enough; Maidstone were excellent and deserve all the credit they’ll undoubtably get. That’s all there is to it.

Though, considering the gap, there has to be an inquest as to why they were not good enough.

Well Ashton on 17:49 - Jan 27 with 881 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

You've come on quite a journey since your eagerly-awaited first visit to Portman road 10 months ago.
Well Ashton on 17:52 - Jan 27 with 850 viewsblueislander

Well Ashton on 17:16 - Jan 27 by cressi

Think when the going is good people get praise today was awful.
Since Hirst has been injured a striker has been needed yesterday we are days away from the window shutting I think fans who have had 20 yrs of hurt want to see us give ourselves a chance

You don’t think that the club are working as hard as possible on the recruitment issue? If clubs are unwilling to sell their prized assets, there is little more that can be done. I am sure we would pay as much as we think is right, but to pay over the top is madness.
Well Ashton on 17:54 - Jan 27 with 825 viewsitfcsuth

Mbappe £200m this week then?

In all seriousness, we are under the constraints of FFP, so funds available is somewhat irrelevant, and to be honest it is difficult to find the right signing.

I have found it difficult to think of the right striker to bring in all January to be honest. Gallagher ticks a lot of boxes, but we can’t just be spending erratically when clubs are over pricing themselves.

Of course it’s frustrating, but that’s the world of transfer business.
Well Ashton on 17:58 - Jan 27 with 793 viewsChurchman

Well Ashton on 17:38 - Jan 27 by pointofblue

Though, considering the gap, there has to be an inquest as to why they were not good enough.

Of course there does. From the manager and coaching staff to every single player out there. This club has talked a lot about standards in the past two years and that was unacceptable. A reputation damaging humiliation.

It would have been unacceptable if the yoof team had lost it, let alone the first team squad. It’s now how the club responds that matters. I hope we can find a striker worthy of the name in the next few days because we sorely need it, if only to freshen things up a bit. But I’m not hopeful tbh. You never know though - we’ll see.
Well Ashton on 18:01 - Jan 27 with 777 viewsWD19

So you could consistently show yourself to be the second best employee in your company and if you had a bad day you would be fired!? Do you work for a medieval king of some sort!?!
Well Ashton on 18:12 - Jan 27 with 728 viewsChurchman

Well Ashton on 18:01 - Jan 27 by WD19

So you could consistently show yourself to be the second best employee in your company and if you had a bad day you would be fired!? Do you work for a medieval king of some sort!?!

Or maybe a Japanese Shogun where failure means an invite to step outside and skewer yourself on your own stabbing sword. Oh the joy of the old Hari Kari solution!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024