Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves 13:21 - Jan 13 with 11374 viewsLankHenners

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 1845 viewsDoobDude

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:34 - Jan 13 by Swailsey

I'm surprised no-one has told him to man up yet.

Yeah I considered that term but the twiiterati would have told me I was sexist.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:41 - Jan 13 with 1834 viewsSuperTommySmith

The sad thing is some of the "supporters" doing this will probably get off to this news.

Whilst the football has been dire it is honestly the toxic atmosphere created by our fans which is making me consider giving up my season ticket after 12 or so years. I love the people around me in my part of the lower north, but about 10 seats away in every direction there are some proper idiots who are just awful. For the occasional game I've been offered Box tickets via work over the past couple of seasons which I had turned down or grudgingly accept as I preferred being in the lower north. However if they ever get offered now I accept them without a second thought.

During the Lincoln game there were a group of "supporters" who were singing "We've got Douglas, Jonny Douglas, I just don't think you understand, he's Mick McCarthy's man, he should be in the stands, we've got Jonny Douglas".
The fact that he was in the stands, albeit on the bench, shows what proper utter idiotic ****s these lot are.

(For clarification because I can imagine it'll be assumed I'm Mick in. I would absolutely love for Mick to be successful here, however I accept that it is probably time for a change. I don't actively want him to be sacked, but I wouldn't be sad if he was. I do not agree with booing, negative chanting during the games as demonstrated by this recent quote about Douglas it does not help. They are people too. Voice your dissatisfaction at the final whistle or half time at least)
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:44 - Jan 13 with 1815 viewsGuthrum

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:32 - Jan 13 by Newingtonblue

I don't suppose he feels as sh@t as I do paying hard earned cash to watch this tripe week in week out. Not saying its right but maybe he should have a thicker skin. The club is not the club I started following many years ago nor is the sport but I wish ME would either step up with money and a plan or leave.

Nobody forces you to go and watch ITFC. However, that's Douglas' workplace and neither is he solely responsible for the poor performances this season.

Maybe you should develop a thicker skin and acknowlege that watching League football in England is often a sh1t experience with a better than 50% chance of seeing a loss or an unsatisfactory draw. That's why we're fans, not customers.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:46 - Jan 13 with 1790 viewsitfcjoe

The worst thing is that some are

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:54 - Jan 13 with 1734 viewsartsbossbeard

I would use the word depressing but that's overly used and overly dramatic but what an horrific state of affairs this is from all angles - the manager, the club captain, the fans and importantly, the player himself.

It's too late here for JD now but, as fans, let's all use a bit of common sense moving forwards.

I'm sure Beeb Suffolk & the EADT vultures can't wait for this to air.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:01 - Jan 13 with 1708 viewsGuthrum

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:44 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Nobody forces you to go and watch ITFC. However, that's Douglas' workplace and neither is he solely responsible for the poor performances this season.

Maybe you should develop a thicker skin and acknowlege that watching League football in England is often a sh1t experience with a better than 50% chance of seeing a loss or an unsatisfactory draw. That's why we're fans, not customers.

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but it does rile me when people talk of having a 'thick skin' in a situation where someone has to stand and face relentless abuse from thousands of people, with no allowance to reply, then the slander and abuse continues all over social media and even on the radio.

I think most people (who have not been subjected to a Soviet-style show trial) don't have any insight into what that's like. Relentless, often foul, abuse pursuing you all day every day, seen by your family and friends. If you dare to respond, it redoubles in fury.

And he's a footballer who is trying hard, but maybe hasn't got the speed he once had - not some vile mass murderer.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:03 - Jan 13 with 1681 viewshype313

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:01 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but it does rile me when people talk of having a 'thick skin' in a situation where someone has to stand and face relentless abuse from thousands of people, with no allowance to reply, then the slander and abuse continues all over social media and even on the radio.

I think most people (who have not been subjected to a Soviet-style show trial) don't have any insight into what that's like. Relentless, often foul, abuse pursuing you all day every day, seen by your family and friends. If you dare to respond, it redoubles in fury.

And he's a footballer who is trying hard, but maybe hasn't got the speed he once had - not some vile mass murderer.

Your point is wholly correct, but we are talking about football fans here, who, on the whole, still struggling to make that transition from neanderthal...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:09 - Jan 13 with 1635 viewsCuffy81

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:01 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

I really dislike the treatment Douglas has been given by the fans. Boo Mick all you want and voice discontent with the overall state of the club but don't single out players for insults and derision.

Played out of position, asked to do a job he can't physically do anymore, and half the time he has been better than Skuse, we love a scapegoat don't we? Blame MM, not Douglas.
Login to get fewer ads

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:11 - Jan 13 with 1626 viewsBlueStreak

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:38 - Jan 13 by DoobDude

Aaah poor diddums.
Man who gets paid £5,000 a week is criticised for being rubbish at his job.

You are an absolute pleb.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:20 - Jan 13 with 1555 viewsJimmy86

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:31 - Jan 13 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah he probably should've retired in the summer to be fair.

Saying that, we should never have signed him but there you go.

We signed him at 34 on the back of scoring 8 goals from midfield for Brentford the season before. Last season he was played enough to trigger the extra year deal, in which he has now turned 35 and is even more past it. It is mismanagement of the highest order to allow him to trigger that deal. He has slowed down and can't keep up with play or play as a box to box mid that he was bought for
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:24 - Jan 13 with 1526 viewsartsbossbeard

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:20 - Jan 13 by Jimmy86

We signed him at 34 on the back of scoring 8 goals from midfield for Brentford the season before. Last season he was played enough to trigger the extra year deal, in which he has now turned 35 and is even more past it. It is mismanagement of the highest order to allow him to trigger that deal. He has slowed down and can't keep up with play or play as a box to box mid that he was bought for

But should he still be subject to all this vitriol when he pulls on a Town shirt?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:24 - Jan 13 with 1519 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:38 - Jan 13 by DoobDude

Aaah poor diddums.
Man who gets paid £5,000 a week is criticised for being rubbish at his job.

There's a big difference between 'criticised' and 'abused'

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:28 - Jan 13 with 1477 viewsNewingtonblue

No offence taken. Not sure the abuse has been off the scale, as I said earlier doesn't make it right. Yes, I have suffered racial abuse on large scale in a sporting arena by hundreds of fans, but my thoughts were if that's all you can think of to have a go then hey, I ain't troubled by it. So yes I know what it's like to get the abuse,.
It is not his fault our manager offered him a fantastic contract with the additional year, but their probably lies the problem, fans disillusioned with being in this league for so long a chairman that appears not to be bothered and a style of football that is dull. Sadly makes fans disgruntled and pick on a target to vent frustrations.
No I 'm not forced to watch Ipswich but its a dirty drug that is difficult to kick. I keep going because I care about the club. I will be here long after MM ME or JD.
Anyway roll on Saturday and 3 points.

Blog: Football, Take Me Home

The reactions to this on here.... on 14:29 - Jan 13 with 1473 viewsBloots

....are merely reiterating the problems we have.

The vociferous few revelling in abusing an individual, and actually enjoying the fact that they have got a reaction.

Forgetting the fact that it's a negative reaction.

I heard from Freddie Sears (yes, yes I know) that the players hate the fans getting on their backs and that it really effects them negatively.

I genuinely doubt that there is a single player at our club that doesn't give 100% to the cause.

Supporters?

Meh.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:30 - Jan 13 with 1459 viewsNewingtonblue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:33 - Jan 13 by LankHenners

18 posts in for the "should have thicker skin" comment. I predicted 5.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 13:34]

prediction not your thing then ;-)

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:31 - Jan 13 with 1436 viewsDaleyitfc

I also consider Douglas to be a terrible player, but, to be frank, that pretty much applies to most of the squad. However, it is unfair, and counter-productive, to pick on individual players when they are out on the pitch, mostly doing the best they can ; under MM's regime, they are often out of position etc.
Matt Richards has already been mentioned as someone who was hounded out of the team and the club, when in my view he should have been our club captain for the last 10 years at least ;
Andy Marshall was another decent player, way better than the big-headed Italian, but was never given a chance by the fans ;
go back a few years further and James Scowcroft used to be booed during the game while still a teenager learning his trade ;
and back in the 70s I used to stand at the front of the East Stand amongst a group of very cynical OAPs (I was a teenager) and they could not stand Ian Collard (younger readers : who?) - Bobby Robson considered him his 2nd best player (after Beattie) in his time at Ipswich (not that I'd agree with that) but these old boys were on his back for the full 90 minutes.
So, t'was ever thus : doesn't make it right.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:35 - Jan 13 with 1403 viewsSteve_M

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:32 - Jan 13 by Newingtonblue

I don't suppose he feels as sh@t as I do paying hard earned cash to watch this tripe week in week out. Not saying its right but maybe he should have a thicker skin. The club is not the club I started following many years ago nor is the sport but I wish ME would either step up with money and a plan or leave.

I disagree. We've been far more rubbish on the pitch than we should expect over the last couple of seasons but the reaction of some fans is vitriolic, personal and unpleasant. There are three players in particular, of which Douglas is one, who too many fans judge on their preconceived views and not what they do on the pitch. Other players can make catastrophic mistakes that no one seems to notice.

This group of players clearly try, even if they end up playing poorly for reasons of form, age or lack of ability. One doesn't have to go back too far to find players at this club who cared only about how much money they could take out of the club (or run around the training ground with).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Excellent use of.... on 14:37 - Jan 13 with 1374 viewsBloots

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:54 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

I would use the word depressing but that's overly used and overly dramatic but what an horrific state of affairs this is from all angles - the manager, the club captain, the fans and importantly, the player himself.

It's too late here for JD now but, as fans, let's all use a bit of common sense moving forwards.

I'm sure Beeb Suffolk & the EADT vultures can't wait for this to air.

..."an" before horrific.

Good work.

And yes, common sense would be welcome indeed.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:40 - Jan 13 with 1352 viewsblueblood66

maybe he will just leave, the poor petal
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:42 - Jan 13 with 1336 viewsNewingtonblue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:35 - Jan 13 by Steve_M

I disagree. We've been far more rubbish on the pitch than we should expect over the last couple of seasons but the reaction of some fans is vitriolic, personal and unpleasant. There are three players in particular, of which Douglas is one, who too many fans judge on their preconceived views and not what they do on the pitch. Other players can make catastrophic mistakes that no one seems to notice.

This group of players clearly try, even if they end up playing poorly for reasons of form, age or lack of ability. One doesn't have to go back too far to find players at this club who cared only about how much money they could take out of the club (or run around the training ground with).

I agree it has been rubbish and I'm becoming disenfranchised from the club. Not saying I agree with the abuse but I understand it. He would not be my target if I was going to be having a go he would be much further down the list. I just want to watch entertaining football . ME either needs to give MM money or change this floating around getting by is not helping anyone.
What train you on?

The reactions to this on here.... on 14:43 - Jan 13 with 1326 viewsLankHenners

The reactions to this on here.... on 14:29 - Jan 13 by Bloots

....are merely reiterating the problems we have.

The vociferous few revelling in abusing an individual, and actually enjoying the fact that they have got a reaction.

Forgetting the fact that it's a negative reaction.

I heard from Freddie Sears (yes, yes I know) that the players hate the fans getting on their backs and that it really effects them negatively.

I genuinely doubt that there is a single player at our club that doesn't give 100% to the cause.

Supporters?

Meh.

Indeed. Without wanting to descend into name calling, it's no surprise whatsoever to see certain individuals turning up on this thread to do as you describe.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:44 - Jan 13 with 1314 viewsBluebell

If you are reading this Jonathan I have never booed you or sang stupid songs about you.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:44 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewsSWGF

Overall, Douglas has been better than Skuse this season. At least he's attempted stuff rather than play it safe EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:44 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewscrunchie1978

My heart bleeds for him....I'd gladly take it for the money he thieves off this club every week...surely he must realise he's 3 yards slower than everyone else out there...boo hoo
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 1290 viewsSwailsey

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 14:44 - Jan 13 by crunchie1978

My heart bleeds for him....I'd gladly take it for the money he thieves off this club every week...surely he must realise he's 3 yards slower than everyone else out there...boo hoo

Brilliant.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024