Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves 13:21 - Jan 13 with 11369 viewsLankHenners

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:55 - Jan 13 with 1085 viewsLankHenners

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:33 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

is Portman Rd now a seething cauldron of hate? Do players visibly wilt and cry as soon as they step on to the pitch?

Never said it was. It's a minority. But a very vocal, simple, knuckle-dragging minority who think it's acceptable to behave like a total plank to another human being.

Douglas is a grown man and a top professional who's taken things on the chin before (see: humble reaction to that video clip of him at Newcastle which some wielded as a weapon against him), so surely people can see they've gone too far this time?*

*Stupid question, I know they won't. The jizzwands.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Reading? (n/t) on 16:56 - Jan 13 with 1074 viewsJosebadleg

Reading? (n/t) on 16:51 - Jan 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Reading
Fulham
Cardiff
Blackburn

Cardiff being family friendly? Some of their fans are right nasty b&ggers

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Reading? (n/t) on 16:57 - Jan 13 with 1067 viewsartsbossbeard

Reading? (n/t) on 16:56 - Jan 13 by Josebadleg

Most of 'em don't go anymore - too much hassle.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Reading? (n/t) on 16:57 - Jan 13 with 1061 viewsMullet

Reading? (n/t) on 16:51 - Jan 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Reading
Fulham
Cardiff
Blackburn

Wigan, Wednesday, forest, scum, Blackpool, hull, bolton

All regularly dead behind the eyes over the years.

Even st Andrews was lobotomised in the last 5 years. Most grounds are deadly quiet a lot of the time.

Derby is one of the worst offenders given they seem to have forgotten their station recently

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Reading? (n/t) on 16:59 - Jan 13 with 1042 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Reading? (n/t) on 16:56 - Jan 13 by Josebadleg

Oh family friendly.

In my head I was describing fan bases that don't travel well and keep quiet in general. For some reason.

Although I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the cardiff hardcore element stopped going about 3 years ago. After the Vincent tan premier league debacle.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:01 - Jan 13 with 1022 viewsBenters

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:17 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

christ on a bike, if people think Ipswich fans are nasty and spiteful, wait till they go a club with less patient fans. 15 years of mostly sheeite and we've had nothing more than a few grumbles and boos.

Bang on

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Reading? (n/t) on 17:02 - Jan 13 with 1013 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Reading? (n/t) on 16:57 - Jan 13 by Mullet

Wigan, Wednesday, forest, scum, Blackpool, hull, bolton

All regularly dead behind the eyes over the years.

Even st Andrews was lobotomised in the last 5 years. Most grounds are deadly quiet a lot of the time.

Derby is one of the worst offenders given they seem to have forgotten their station recently

Disagree about Sheffield Wednesday and forest.

Derby were fairly vocal actually at the game last season at their place.

Blackpools and hulls fans protest attending so I understand that. Blackpool at home to Barsnley on Saturday in the cup at Blackpool had just 1,200 of 4300 fans in the ground. 25% of the ground when they played at home.

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:05 - Jan 13 with 991 viewsBenters

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:47 - Jan 13 by textbackup

The boys in section 6 don't really get the whole supporting they, they are beyond thick

Thats where Rommy sits !
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 17:06]

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:13 - Jan 13 with 965 viewsSwailsey

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:01 - Jan 13 by Benters

Bang on

n/a
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 17:16]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:24 - Jan 13 with 928 viewsdavblue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:14 - Jan 13 by textbackup

From what I can work out there was 2200 fans at QPR, pretty much everyone has said the treatment he got was awful, and those booing should be ashamed... of those 2200 we are looking at, what 10, that went too far? (Still 10 too many I agree, but a bit over the top, isn't it?)

It was more than 10 much, much more. I can think of 30 around my little area to start with.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:28 - Jan 13 with 911 viewsBenters

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:24 - Jan 13 by davblue

It was more than 10 much, much more. I can think of 30 around my little area to start with.

Why didnt you tell them off them ? or was it just a tut

Gentlybentley

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:31 - Jan 13 with 903 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:05 - Jan 13 by Benters

Thats where Rommy sits !
[Post edited 13 Jan 2017 17:06]

I don't actually. I couldn't stand them. 'Unbearable pricks' sums them up well

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 877 viewsBenters

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:31 - Jan 13 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't actually. I couldn't stand them. 'Unbearable pricks' sums them up well

Do they still sing "more fun if you all join in" ?

I reckon the Germans will give them a slap tomoz .

Gentlybentley

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:37 - Jan 13 with 868 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:34 - Jan 13 by Benters

Do they still sing "more fun if you all join in" ?

I reckon the Germans will give them a slap tomoz .

They actually somehow make me look mature benters.

Incredibly.

Naa they don't sing that too often now - just occasionally. They're too busy thinking of ways to be negative even when we are playin well. Ironic chants when we are playing well and stuff. And then waiting to turn as soon as we concede.

They fully do my nut in.

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:42 - Jan 13 with 862 viewsBenters

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:37 - Jan 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Incredibly.

Naa they don't sing that too often now - just occasionally. They're too busy thinking of ways to be negative even when we are playin well. Ironic chants when we are playing well and stuff. And then waiting to turn as soon as we concede.

They fully do my nut in.

Im surprised someone doesnt tell them to shut the F up then !

Gentlybentley

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:01 - Jan 13 with 815 viewsRaedwald_625

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:37 - Jan 13 by The_Romford_Blue

Incredibly.

They fully do my nut in.

End of the road feeling, I guess.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:07 - Jan 13 with 806 viewsWonky

I see no sliding scale in wages where if somebody is trying hard at their job they deserve abuse.

Not caring or trying, maybe.

Douglas will be remembered for this down the line.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:09 - Jan 13 with 788 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 17:42 - Jan 13 by Benters

Im surprised someone doesnt tell them to shut the F up then !

They do?

Loads of times.

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:19 - Jan 13 with 776 viewscrunchie1978

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:18 - Jan 13 by BlueStreak

You are also a pleb

Indeed I am...and proud of it to!
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:34 - Jan 13 with 751 viewspeterleeblue

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 13:44 - Jan 13 by Guthrum

Nobody forces you to go and watch ITFC. However, that's Douglas' workplace and neither is he solely responsible for the poor performances this season.

Maybe you should develop a thicker skin and acknowlege that watching League football in England is often a sh1t experience with a better than 50% chance of seeing a loss or an unsatisfactory draw. That's why we're fans, not customers.

Unfortunately most fans have a high sense of entitlement possibly driven by the high wages in football. The reality is that a Football Match is line any other sporting event. Something to look forward to (sometimes the looking forward is better than the game itself). The event creates a social environment, atmosphere and a sense of "I was there". And in the as you say likely event that the result is not what was hoped the fact that you can then talk knowledgably about it extends the value of experience.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:49 - Jan 13 with 719 viewswkj

What astounds me is Douglas is abused because his body is giving up, but he hasn't chosen to abuse his position in the club. What makes this even more horrible is people are treating him worse than Chopra, who hands down abused the club... remarkable

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:55 - Jan 13 with 713 viewsitfcjoe

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 16:47 - Jan 13 by textbackup

The boys in section 6 don't really get the whole supporting they, they are beyond thick

They don't understand what Ultras are supposed to be - just moronic kids trying to be impress each other but looking like d*cks.

They've made good noise in past when winning - but letting themselves down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:57 - Jan 13 with 702 viewsRaedwald_625

I wonder how much that video from a Newcastle fan (i think) destroyed his cred for good.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 18:58 - Jan 13 with 701 viewsm14_blue

If a player is wearing an Ipswich shirt and giving 100% then they deserve our support, simple as that. To boo a player coming on is just moronic.

Leave the abuse for anyone in yellow.
Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 20:29 - Jan 13 with 624 viewssyntaxerror

Well, I hope some of you are pleased with yourselves on 15:23 - Jan 13 by DoobDude

Not everyone is as sensitive as you.

Personally I find a right rollocking at work helps now and again to improve me.

Perhaps Douglas can take the booing on board and think to himself "My performances have been poor, what can I do to improve".

I imagine you get a right rollicking a lot
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024