Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Milne Interview 15:48 - Feb 5 with 6774 viewsDennyx4

Just got round to listening to the Life's a pitch interview.

Looks like he was there to spin statistics hoping nobody had any idea what he was talking about, and then let slip Marcus had a real good go for 3 years.

Not sure he has helped to appease fans and certainly has done nothing to help the case for Evans.

Anybody else listen, and think anything other than he appears out of his depth?
Ian Milne Interview on 19:40 - Feb 5 with 1733 viewsbrogansnose

Ian Milne Interview on 19:38 - Feb 5 by oldbluestu

Precisely, Williams wages would be much greater than Murphy. Reports are Williams on 25k-30k a week at CP (not sure if we're paying all that) which was much higher than Murphy's
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 19:38]

I believe that I read on here that his wages were not paid by us in the event of him being injured which would make sense given his unfortunate history.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:42 - Feb 5 with 1726 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 19:40 - Feb 5 by brogansnose

I believe that I read on here that his wages were not paid by us in the event of him being injured which would make sense given his unfortunate history.

Certainly didnt pay his wages until he was fit (first time round). Not sure after he got injured playing for us.

There is probably a loan fee for both Williams and Lawrence.
Ian Milne Interview on 19:49 - Feb 5 with 1711 viewsbrogansnose

Ian Milne Interview on 19:42 - Feb 5 by Dennyx4

Certainly didnt pay his wages until he was fit (first time round). Not sure after he got injured playing for us.

There is probably a loan fee for both Williams and Lawrence.

He came to us injured this season so I doubt that we were paying his wages then at the very least if not then that's really daft. I can't see that we wouldn't have a clause to not pay his wages if he got injured if not..................................
Ian Milne Interview on 19:52 - Feb 5 with 1705 viewsbluesimon

Ian Milne Interview on 17:37 - Feb 5 by christiand

I wish ME would sell the club, the decade of his ownership has been nothing short of disastrous. The fact now he is only willing to put in the bare minimum, really wants the point? I really hope that MM hangs them out to dry when he finally leaves. I think he has been more than decent in not resorting to mud slinging, but I think they deserve to be shopped for their lack of support. MM certainly hasn't helped himself with style of play, tactics and selections, but you can only do so much with your hands tied behind your back! ME and his cronies have really turned us in to a mediocre championship side both on and off the pitch.

I was just wondering why you think MEs' reign has been disastrous?

Considering the investment in his later time at the club, I think it has been pretty good. We have been a very consistent mid-table Championship club for 15 years, and some teams would give a lot for that

A disastrous ownership would be something like Coventry, Portsmouth, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Leeds, QPR etc, and probably plenty more clubs, where off the field antics do so much damage to the reputation, integrity and even the very being of the club.

Yeah, his investment hasn't been sustained in terms of transfer fees, but we shouldn't judge the ability of a player solely on the transfer fee.

If MM hadn't of felt that he had received support from ME, then he would of walked long ago.
Ian Milne Interview on 20:06 - Feb 5 with 1663 viewsRegencyBlue

Ian Milne Interview on 19:31 - Feb 5 by tractorboy1978

How can he say this squad is good enough to be in and around the top 6? He can't believe that surely.

No, but he clearly expects the fans to believe it which shows just how wide the disconnect between the Evans regime and the fans is becoming!
Ian Milne Interview on 20:08 - Feb 5 with 1647 viewsWD19

Ian Milne Interview on 20:06 - Feb 5 by RegencyBlue

No, but he clearly expects the fans to believe it which shows just how wide the disconnect between the Evans regime and the fans is becoming!

Telling also that he considers the last week - the one week of the season so far when the pressure has been more on him than on Mick - to be the worst of the season so far. I bet it was Ian. Funny that.
Ian Milne Interview on 20:34 - Feb 5 with 1598 viewsBluedanW

Ian Milne Interview on 19:39 - Feb 5 by Dennyx4

So possibly £500k in wages (Murphy) saved for the season?

Spending an extra £1M on wages for 7 rejects is criminal. The squad we have is good enough to survive, not top six though. But the £1M should have been spent paying off mccarthys contract. What a terrible businessman Evans must be.
Ian Milne Interview on 20:35 - Feb 5 with 1592 viewsbluesimon

Ian Milne Interview on 20:06 - Feb 5 by RegencyBlue

I can see where IM is coming from though. On paper, without injury, and based on past seasons performances, I think it is worth sixth place, but no higher.

It is certainly the best squad we have had for a number of seasons. I think Bart, Webster, McG, Lawrence, Williams, Bishop would all get into a top 6 team. Dozzell, Emmanuel, Kenlock are all very good prospects. Chambers, Smith, Berra, Skuse, Pitman, Sears are all very solid Championship players.

I don't really fear anyone in this Championship (except Newcastle), but what I do fear is our own tactical ability, and our numbskull supporters who seem intent on destroying the confidence of all our players and stability of the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian Milne Interview on 21:01 - Feb 5 with 1551 viewschristiand

Ian Milne Interview on 19:52 - Feb 5 by bluesimon

Considering the investment in his later time at the club, I think it has been pretty good. We have been a very consistent mid-table Championship club for 15 years, and some teams would give a lot for that

A disastrous ownership would be something like Coventry, Portsmouth, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff, Leeds, QPR etc, and probably plenty more clubs, where off the field antics do so much damage to the reputation, integrity and even the very being of the club.

Yeah, his investment hasn't been sustained in terms of transfer fees, but we shouldn't judge the ability of a player solely on the transfer fee.

If MM hadn't of felt that he had received support from ME, then he would of walked long ago.

Jewell and RK were dreadful appointments. MM without doubt has proved the most effective, but for all he has done ME has failed to back him, which is amazing, at crucial times during his reign and he has proved the most reliable out of all his managerial appointments. The style of play and selections isn't down to ME, but we had a real opportunity of going up a couple of seasons ago and the lack of investment to push us on was a glaring error of judgement - whether that was MM or ME's decision we'll never fully know. I think off the field the club has alienated it's fan base and this seems to be getting worse with: ticket pricing, hospitality, promotions, the state of the ground and merchandise. We always seem to miss a trick and fail to be proactive until the horse has already bolted - others clubs seem to manage this much better than us, much better goodwill with club officials which made us that 'family' club. I certainly think that is something that was done better during Sheepshanks reign. There was a real connection with the club and its supporters. We're we currently sit in the league and the gloomy outlook that Milne has painted for our future it would be had to argue that the club has made strides forward under ME's ownership bluesimon. Personally, I think we are in a worse state now than 10 years ago even with ME helping us with his investment. I just find it hard to believe that ME is wanting us to fail as it is a product that is his flagship, but he seems to give those signals - just my opinion, but I would be interested in yours.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ian Milne Interview on 21:10 - Feb 5 with 1526 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 19:52 - Feb 5 by bluesimon

His investments in transfer fees is almost non-existent, and we are 17th in terms of wage bill in the Championship according to Phil yesterday - so not really judging just on transfer fees?
Ian Milne Interview on 21:17 - Feb 5 with 1507 viewsDennyx4

Ian Milne Interview on 20:35 - Feb 5 by bluesimon

I can see where IM is coming from though. On paper, without injury, and based on past seasons performances, I think it is worth sixth place, but no higher.

It is certainly the best squad we have had for a number of seasons. I think Bart, Webster, McG, Lawrence, Williams, Bishop would all get into a top 6 team. Dozzell, Emmanuel, Kenlock are all very good prospects. Chambers, Smith, Berra, Skuse, Pitman, Sears are all very solid Championship players.

I don't really fear anyone in this Championship (except Newcastle), but what I do fear is our own tactical ability, and our numbskull supporters who seem intent on destroying the confidence of all our players and stability of the club.

Sadly, I disagree with you - the squad is nowhere near good enough. Lacking in investment and wages.

I will give you Bart, McGoldrick and Lawrence - can't see any others getting in a top six team.

The downside is if you look at areas of the field and whether you believe are top 6 or not

Full Backs - not top 6 standard for me - youngsters that will hopefully come good, but not top 6 at present.
Central defence - Possibly...
Central Midfielders - nowhere near good enough
Wide midfielders - Lawrence on his own, probably puts a tick in the box.
Forwards - Again since Murphy left, dont believe it is. - hence trying to sign a forward.
Ian Milne Interview on 21:24 - Feb 5 with 1496 viewsFreddies_Ears

He gave more away than he intended, especially on how frustrated he is about the boring football (stressed a few times).

Certainly a bit lukewarm over MM.

Generally he did better than I expected.

But if there genuinely is a feeling that we are in transition, then why can't they explain how that's intended to pan out, and why won't ME speak to us directly.

Well done Mark Murphy, who really persisted with some pointed questions. Oh, and a shout-out for Phil H of course.
Ian Milne Interview on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 1453 viewsVic

I felt pretty depressed by it all really.

'We aspire to get to the Premiership'. No kidding Sherlock. But then he says that ME has set his budget and that's what will govern things. No hint that the purse strings might be loosened.

I certainly felt that he was saying 'Marcus has done what he can - he's provided MM with finance for a large squad, Mick has chosen the players large squad and now it's up to to produce the goods."

Makes me more sure than ever Mick will go in the summer (Milne didn't actually give him much of a vote of confidence), but I fear for what will happen longer term. My suspicion is for as long as ME owns the club we'll we're set for nothing more than mediocrity.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ian Milne Interview on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 1451 viewsRegencyBlue

Our squad is nowhere near a top six side. Years of failing to invest in quality have finally caught up with us. Bart and Lawrence are the only ones on current form who the top six would want from us.
Ian Milne Interview on 22:24 - Feb 5 with 1405 viewsArnieM

Ian Milne Interview on 19:38 - Feb 5 by oldbluestu

Precisely, Williams wages would be much greater than Murphy. Reports are Williams on 25k-30k a week at CP (not sure if we're paying all that) which was much higher than Murphy's
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 19:38]

as long as Williams remains injured CP pay all of Williams 2age. We haven't paid anything yet. Honestly not sure why he is even still at ITFC .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ian Milne Interview on 22:59 - Feb 5 with 1368 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Currently listening to it. They've just gone to a travel update. Phil sounded like he was gonna belt Milne. Had forgotting that was Phil too.

So frustrating to hear how deluded Milne is.

'The fans are expecting 2 or 3 times more money'. No I am expecting us to replace our most important player with a like for like signing ffs.

'We have a top 6 side'. No we have a manager who has made them look like that. And that was with Murphy and Mings.

'Dozzell, bless him, looked lost'. Why are you commenting on him? You are not a footballing geezer.

That's just so far

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ian Milne Interview on 23:02 - Feb 5 with 1360 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Ian Milne Interview on 22:59 - Feb 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Currently listening to it. They've just gone to a travel update. Phil sounded like he was gonna belt Milne. Had forgotting that was Phil too.

So frustrating to hear how deluded Milne is.

'The fans are expecting 2 or 3 times more money'. No I am expecting us to replace our most important player with a like for like signing ffs.

'We have a top 6 side'. No we have a manager who has made them look like that. And that was with Murphy and Mings.

'Dozzell, bless him, looked lost'. Why are you commenting on him? You are not a footballing geezer.

That's just so far

Oh ffs. The 5 point plan has been brought up by Milne.

Fair play the interviewer and Phil. Really putting it to them.

Anyone know how long this will last timewise? 2 hour programme according to my phone

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ian Milne Interview on 23:18 - Feb 5 with 1339 viewsStNeotsBlue

As our league position indicates we are a long way from being a top 6 side. Remove Lawrence and a fit McG and we'd in a truly terrible mess, if they and Bart stay fit we'll be ok. Next season could be a bit of a slog though.

As an aside if there is a chance we can get Huws to sign permanently that would be very good business.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 23:20]
Ian Milne Interview on 00:04 - Feb 6 with 1302 viewsradiogaga

Ian Milne Interview on 16:53 - Feb 5 by Dennyx4

He did appear to blame MM a few times, stating squad was good enough for top 6, style of football etc. (Not sure we have a top 6 squad, even without injuries - but all a matter of opinion).

Reading between the lines, looked like hanging McCarthy out to dry, when McCarthy is usually quite tight lipped about any grievances he has with lack of funds from Evans.

He was quick to point out extra £1m in wages for the new 7 players. I assume he means for the entirity of their contracts, rather than this season (up to June)?

Just felt like a lot of spin.

Nothing Milne says ever inspires any confidence with me. Very bland person to listen to and throughout that interview, he firmly had the blinkers on. Everything he came out with was both a subtle attack on McCarthy and the players, as well as defence for Evans (as an MD, the latter was expected but the amount of subtle digs at McCarthy was cringeworthy at times).

Lots of strange things he came out with:
- budget and squad should be enough for top 6 (how much had he been drinking in the fanzone beforehand?)
- Yes, we signed 7 players in January (I knew he'd say that, so predictable) but how many are staying beyond this season? I thought we were rebuilding for the future.
- kept referring to the 5 point plan as "that plan" and "Marcus' plan" (Maybe I'm being really picky on this one, but he spoke with no enthusiasm whatsoever to sell the 5 point plan to us)
- The comments about Dozzell were some of the most bizarre things to come out and say, literally talking about Dozzell like he is a helpless puppy (that will have done his confidence the world of good)
- Rebuilding for the future for the rest of the season one minute, saying there could be wholesale changes/ departures in summer 5 minutes or so later
- Every comment about McCarthy was ridiculous (I'm sure if McCarthy was given better backing, "his squad" would be much stronger/ settled with permanent additions than it currently is. And yes Milne, McCarthy is "a bit down" as he is the only one who has the balls to face the media. He is effectively now the face of ITFC's struggles this season, and it's sad to see someone who has done so much for this club being hung out to dry by this nonsense speaking clown).
- The comments about Kieffer Moore demonstrates the lack of footballing knowledge the guy appears to possess (Moore did okay, OKAY. It was ridiculous to highlight the things he did on Tuesday night as anything remotely outstanding)
- When questioned about disgruntled fans, he kept referring to gate revenues as a measure of fan happiness. That to me tells you a lot about his approach.

It was a genuinely sad listen all round. The men at the top appear to be burying their heads under the sand & missing the bigger picture.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 0:11]

Poll: How many points will Town need to make the off-plays?
Blog: Expectations of Paul Lambert's Ipswich

Ian Milne Interview on 05:27 - Feb 6 with 1236 viewsBenters

Ian Milne Interview on 00:04 - Feb 6 by radiogaga

Nothing Milne says ever inspires any confidence with me. Very bland person to listen to and throughout that interview, he firmly had the blinkers on. Everything he came out with was both a subtle attack on McCarthy and the players, as well as defence for Evans (as an MD, the latter was expected but the amount of subtle digs at McCarthy was cringeworthy at times).

Lots of strange things he came out with:
- budget and squad should be enough for top 6 (how much had he been drinking in the fanzone beforehand?)
- Yes, we signed 7 players in January (I knew he'd say that, so predictable) but how many are staying beyond this season? I thought we were rebuilding for the future.
- kept referring to the 5 point plan as "that plan" and "Marcus' plan" (Maybe I'm being really picky on this one, but he spoke with no enthusiasm whatsoever to sell the 5 point plan to us)
- The comments about Dozzell were some of the most bizarre things to come out and say, literally talking about Dozzell like he is a helpless puppy (that will have done his confidence the world of good)
- Rebuilding for the future for the rest of the season one minute, saying there could be wholesale changes/ departures in summer 5 minutes or so later
- Every comment about McCarthy was ridiculous (I'm sure if McCarthy was given better backing, "his squad" would be much stronger/ settled with permanent additions than it currently is. And yes Milne, McCarthy is "a bit down" as he is the only one who has the balls to face the media. He is effectively now the face of ITFC's struggles this season, and it's sad to see someone who has done so much for this club being hung out to dry by this nonsense speaking clown).
- The comments about Kieffer Moore demonstrates the lack of footballing knowledge the guy appears to possess (Moore did okay, OKAY. It was ridiculous to highlight the things he did on Tuesday night as anything remotely outstanding)
- When questioned about disgruntled fans, he kept referring to gate revenues as a measure of fan happiness. That to me tells you a lot about his approach.

It was a genuinely sad listen all round. The men at the top appear to be burying their heads under the sand & missing the bigger picture.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2017 0:11]

The thing that pissed me off was just as Phil started going for it,they cut to some stupid traffic update,it was then calm down Phil,and Milne got off the hook.

How is the ticket pricing review going did Milne mention that?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Ian Milne Interview on 05:51 - Feb 6 with 1230 viewsReuser_is_God

Ian Milne Interview on 19:31 - Feb 5 by tractorboy1978

How can he say this squad is good enough to be in and around the top 6? He can't believe that surely.

He ought to look at the table.

If you're 16th after 30 games than that's a reflection of your ability, no one is in a false position this deep into a season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ian Milne Interview on 05:57 - Feb 6 with 1226 viewsbrogansnose

Ian Milne Interview on 05:27 - Feb 6 by Benters

The thing that pissed me off was just as Phil started going for it,they cut to some stupid traffic update,it was then calm down Phil,and Milne got off the hook.

How is the ticket pricing review going did Milne mention that?

He sort of glossed over that and mentioned that the fanzone and that if the football was more entertaining fans would come back. Entertaining football would help but they don't twig that there is more to it than that. Anyway, don't think that you're going to get cheaper tickets cos I can't see that happening.
Ian Milne Interview on 06:07 - Feb 6 with 1225 viewsBenters

Ian Milne Interview on 05:57 - Feb 6 by brogansnose

He sort of glossed over that and mentioned that the fanzone and that if the football was more entertaining fans would come back. Entertaining football would help but they don't twig that there is more to it than that. Anyway, don't think that you're going to get cheaper tickets cos I can't see that happening.

What is so great about the Fanzone? A couple of my mates reckoned it can take 30 mins to get served Ale ?

Yeah you are right about dropping the prices mate,oh well i can live in hope !

Gentlybentley

Ian Milne Interview on 06:16 - Feb 6 with 1221 viewsbrogansnose

Ian Milne Interview on 06:07 - Feb 6 by Benters

What is so great about the Fanzone? A couple of my mates reckoned it can take 30 mins to get served Ale ?

Yeah you are right about dropping the prices mate,oh well i can live in hope !

We walked in there one at one recent match at 2:10 and we were refused to be let in the queue because they reckoned it would take too long for us to get served and drink up before kicking out time at 2:30. We haven't been in since.
Ian Milne Interview on 06:36 - Feb 6 with 1209 viewsBenters

Ian Milne Interview on 06:16 - Feb 6 by brogansnose

We walked in there one at one recent match at 2:10 and we were refused to be let in the queue because they reckoned it would take too long for us to get served and drink up before kicking out time at 2:30. We haven't been in since.

Dont blame you.

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024