Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Milne Interview 15:48 - Feb 5 with 6768 viewsDennyx4

Just got round to listening to the Life's a pitch interview.

Looks like he was there to spin statistics hoping nobody had any idea what he was talking about, and then let slip Marcus had a real good go for 3 years.

Not sure he has helped to appease fans and certainly has done nothing to help the case for Evans.

Anybody else listen, and think anything other than he appears out of his depth?
Ian Milne Interview on 07:09 - Feb 6 with 520 viewsTractorWood

Ian Milne Interview on 05:57 - Feb 6 by brogansnose

He sort of glossed over that and mentioned that the fanzone and that if the football was more entertaining fans would come back. Entertaining football would help but they don't twig that there is more to it than that. Anyway, don't think that you're going to get cheaper tickets cos I can't see that happening.

I thought Milne came across very poorly. Shockingly clear he's not a football man and his staunch defences of ME which were all on a cringe worthy, first name basis. He glossed over any weaknesses in his arguments by saying the owner does invest and mumbling financials which all sounded questionable. Phil seemed to have the best knowledge of the financials and the FD was there!

Worst moment was when Phil had him in a corner and he condescendingly says 'Phil is very passionate' like it's a bad thing. I have no problem with people being patronising, if they know what they are talking about.

Fiddling whilst Rome burns.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ian Milne Interview on 07:13 - Feb 6 with 510 viewssotd78

Milne also said Evans might well be prepared to "GO AGAIN". Meaning presumably backing a manager with proper funds when the time adjudged right. At present we have a new Premier League deal which is causing loads of owners to take a punt this year and perhaps next

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Ian Milne Interview on 07:27 - Feb 6 with 484 viewsTLA

Ian Milne Interview on 07:13 - Feb 6 by sotd78

Milne also said Evans might well be prepared to "GO AGAIN". Meaning presumably backing a manager with proper funds when the time adjudged right. At present we have a new Premier League deal which is causing loads of owners to take a punt this year and perhaps next

I almost can't believe that ME doesn't have a strategy - whilst I wish he'd let us know, that also announces it to competitors.

I saw that Sky's football viewing figures are dropping alarmingly, not long after securing a £5b deal. Maybe Marcus is playing the long game, getting us at close to break even before taking a shot when the time feels right.

He has already had a go at losing something similar to the £39m (permitted under FFP) over three seasons when he first came (and when the money was probably worth much more). That didn't work so, just maybe, he has a strategy of letting a few teams burn themselves out, choose a season when the relegated and promoted teams are less wealthy and then strike.

It might be unlikely but I just can't believe ME is prepared to plod along for years, unless he really does get better tax breaks and a bigger benefit from sponsorship than seems likely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024