Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's renewed then and why? 23:46 - Apr 30 with 13697 viewsmonytowbray

We have a million and one depressing and angry threads on not renewing but very few on those that have.

Me? It's a yes from me. Debated it but I really don't think things are as bad as some are claiming. We're still better than we were under RK/PJ but we've had a cr@p season no doubt. However I still think Mick is the man for the job if Evans freed up some funds. I have a feeling this summer may be the point where Evans wakes up.

I think next season could surprise us. Or that's what I'm praying for anyway.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:13 - May 1 with 4680 viewsDolly2.0

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:06 - May 1 by Steve_M

I've renewed, in all honesty I find the continual rail replacement busses far more of a drag than the football - although that has been dreadful at times over the last 18 months. I might find myself going to fewer home games because of that but I still enjoy the day.

Also the differential between season ticket and match day prices is such that I just about do enough games for it to make sense but the real advantage of the season ticket for me is that I just need to worry about the transport if I want to go.

Yeah those buses are a drag. Not to mention the tube journey (for myself) between Newbury Park and Brixton. On a Saturday night after a long day that becomes the longest tube journey in the world.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:21 - May 1 with 4670 viewsNewcyBlue

Who's renewed then and why? on 09:31 - May 1 by blueblueburleymcgrew

This.

You had a season ticket even when you lived up in the Toon, I had no doubt you would have renewed!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:33 - May 1 with 4660 viewsWarkystache

Renewed. Done. Move on to next season (hopefully we'll relegate Forest on Sunday to cheer me up a bit).

I can see why folks aren't renewing, but for me it's a no-brainer. Teasing Dolly and Luke's half-time chats; how could I pass that up?

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:35 - May 1 with 4654 viewsSteve_M

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:13 - May 1 by Dolly2.0

Yeah those buses are a drag. Not to mention the tube journey (for myself) between Newbury Park and Brixton. On a Saturday night after a long day that becomes the longest tube journey in the world.

Yes, I'm fortunate that the Overground from Stratford to Camden Road is much more pleasant than staying on the Central line any longer than necessary. I start work early so it's easier to get away for evening games, just risk being really tired the next day.

I suspect we would recognise each other given we've both done that train journey enough times.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:51 - May 1 with 4648 viewsMcGoaaaldrick

I've renewed. I think it's the fashionable thing to not renew and bang on about it like your a super fan. We have a lot on here like that.

Ian Marshall.....he scores when he wants.

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:58 - May 1 with 4633 viewsFixed_It

3 year s/t so I'll be there. But fairly certain I would have renewed anyway. I'd miss it too much - and I'm too tight to pay match day prices!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Who's renewed then and why? on 11:01 - May 1 with 4623 viewsstantheman

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:24 - May 1 by brogansnose

I like Sth Yorks and the people. The countryside arond there is lovely and the cities have a charm all of their own especially when you walk around the old industrial centres , forges and mills. The same goes for the North in general.

Rommy , you're being daft.

Worked and lived in South Yorkshire for 13 years. Special place with fantastic friendly people.
Who's renewed then and why? on 11:13 - May 1 with 4599 viewsfactual_blue

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:34 - May 1 by Benters

Lolz

Great Bentley - the jewel in the crown of places that think it's still 1864.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Who's renewed then and why? on 11:20 - May 1 with 4587 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Who's renewed then and why? on 10:06 - May 1 by Steve_M

I've renewed, in all honesty I find the continual rail replacement busses far more of a drag than the football - although that has been dreadful at times over the last 18 months. I might find myself going to fewer home games because of that but I still enjoy the day.

Also the differential between season ticket and match day prices is such that I just about do enough games for it to make sense but the real advantage of the season ticket for me is that I just need to worry about the transport if I want to go.

The trains are a bore for sure and I've come to the party very late!

Have renewed nonetheless.
Who's renewed then and why? on 11:29 - May 1 with 4576 viewscoolcat

I've renewed, as I love the club.. It's a friendly place & a great day out..I'm a lady who travels up from London & I guess I'm in the minority on here.. Starting coming in November 2013. The intention was to move back to Suffolk as well. Not got around to it yet. . Sit in the infamous North Stand, for my sins. My brother goes as well :)

Sometimes when I leave and get the train back to London, irrespective of the result, I think where would you see such drama played out in 90 or so minutes on a Saturday afternoon. Never saw a live game in my life - not even Sunday league. Wasn't aware of the intensity of it. Frustrating at times and we've had a poor season but wouldn't miss it for the world.
Who's renewed then and why? on 11:47 - May 1 with 4528 viewslowhouseblue

me. habit.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Who's renewed then and why? on 13:10 - May 1 with 4469 viewsStowTractorBoy

As I have said on here before I could never stop going to watch my beloved ITFC. I honestly believe a lot of fans just expect too much from our football Club. Yes other Clubs do punch above their weight and ITFC certainly have in the past fallen into that category. Now however there is no way we can compete with the Premiership money that rolls in season after season unless we find a mega rich donor which is highly unlikely to happen. I can accept the reason for many not wanting to renew as the entertainment value this season has been quite shocking at times. If we are to progress we need more investment than has been seen in the past couple of seasons. Its easy for all of us to want that but who else will come in and accept losing 7 million pounds a season. I am not in the anti MM brigade but I accept things need to change in his approach to next season.
Whatever happens I will always be there until I can't make it and consider myself fortunate to support such a wonderful Club where we have maintained top two division status for around 60 years. Many far bigger Clubs than us cannot boast this statistic. Here is hoping for an active close season with decent signings that can turn the tide.
Who's renewed then and why? on 13:40 - May 1 with 4440 viewsbackwaywhen

Iv'e renewed ....its in the blood /DNA ?..COYBs.
Who's renewed then and why? on 15:19 - May 1 with 4384 viewsBluebell

We have renewed. Why not?

It's Ipswich Town we support whoever the manager is.
Who's renewed then and why? on 15:21 - May 1 with 4377 viewsBluebell

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:16 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

What?

Rotherham and Barnsley - absolute sh1tholes

How can you say that Rommy?

You went by train to both grounds and both aren't far from the station. You didn't see any of the towns!
Who's renewed then and why? on 15:33 - May 1 with 4353 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Who's renewed then and why? on 08:24 - May 1 by brogansnose

I like Sth Yorks and the people. The countryside arond there is lovely and the cities have a charm all of their own especially when you walk around the old industrial centres , forges and mills. The same goes for the North in general.

Rommy , you're being daft.

I never said Romford was a good place

I won't be convinced that Barnsley and Rotherham is anything but a sh1thole

I saw it with my own eyes

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:35 - May 1 with 4345 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:21 - May 1 by Bluebell

How can you say that Rommy?

You went by train to both grounds and both aren't far from the station. You didn't see any of the towns!

I didn't go straight to the ground at either place though

I spent an hour and a half before barnsley walking round looking for KFC etc with my brother and his mate

And I spent an hour after Rotherham looking for a teacos with my grandad

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:43 - May 1 with 4333 viewsDolly2.0

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:35 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I spent an hour and a half before barnsley walking round looking for KFC etc with my brother and his mate

I like to visit all the sites of historical interest when I go to a new place too!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:59 - May 1 with 4310 viewsitfcjoe

I've renewed, I just can't see a time when if I live in Ipswich (or just outside as I actually do) that I wouldn't renew

I still enjoy the day out, rushed back from Yorkshire on Saturday morning to go to the game as hate missing a home game - managers will come and go but I'll still be there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who's renewed then and why? on 16:00 - May 1 with 4306 viewsLankHenners

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:35 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Ah yes. KFC. Notoriously always located in the most cultivated areas of any town.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Who's renewed then and why? on 16:10 - May 1 with 4274 viewsNewcyBlue

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:43 - May 1 by Dolly2.0

I like to visit all the sites of historical interest when I go to a new place too!

The thread that keeps on giving!

So you got to stick your fingers in a bucket at least Rommy! Good lad, you found the hole eventually

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Who's renewed then and why? on 16:15 - May 1 with 4260 viewsArnieM

I've automatically been renewed as I've already paid up front for the 3 yr ST....mug or wot!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Who's renewed then and why? on 16:34 - May 1 with 4236 views3_5_2

Who's renewed then and why? on 02:16 - May 1 by The_Romford_Blue

What?

Rotherham and Barnsley - absolute sh1tholes

Virgin alert

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Who's renewed then and why? on 16:44 - May 1 with 4221 viewscarlisleaway

Who's renewed then and why? on 15:19 - May 1 by Bluebell

We have renewed. Why not?

It's Ipswich Town we support whoever the manager is.

Like you Bluebell, support the badge not the Dinosaur in charge and will still be here when Evans and McCarthy have gone. It is in my blood however much I moan about the awful football being played at the moment. Did make me realise after the Newcastle game, that is one of the reasons I am a season ticket holder.
Have a junior ticket next to me for when my 2 grandsons reach the age of 5 in 2 years time
Who's renewed then and why? on 17:06 - May 1 with 4185 viewsBenters

Who's renewed then and why? on 16:00 - May 1 by LankHenners

Ah yes. KFC. Notoriously always located in the most cultivated areas of any town.

this

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024