Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? 13:13 - May 3 with 4468 viewswhistleblower

My apologies if this has already been put up.
I know I scenario is different, but surely the principle is the same?
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:14 - May 3 with 4437 viewsJackSted

No

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:14 - May 3 with 4435 viewsTractorCam

Nope because nobody kicked up a fuss about us

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? (n/t) on 13:15 - May 3 with 4419 viewswhistleblower

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:14 - May 3 by JackSted

No

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:16 - May 3 with 4419 viewsSchmoke

If they would have won then they wouldn't have been under investigation.

The whole thing is weird.
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:16 - May 3 with 4406 views26_Paz

No because that result has no bearing on promotion, relegation or play offs.

The Paz Man

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:22 - May 3 with 4347 viewsJimmyJazz

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:16 - May 3 by 26_Paz

No because that result has no bearing on promotion, relegation or play offs.

No although we are under investigation for playing a crap team whenever Dougie started

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:24 - May 3 with 4344 viewsReuser_is_God

I think it's disgusting how Huddersfield have been treated here.

They also made 10 changes when they played Man City in the cup & they got a draw, did they get punished for that? No.

Teams down the bottom also have 46 games to ensure they don't get relegated, no to blame but themselves.

I agree with what Mick has said about the integrity of the league but we all know if we'd secured a play off spot he'd rest players regardless of how it would effect others, any manager would. If we'd have secured our PO sport after 45 games in 14/15 we'd have made 11 changes.

Also worth noting that Huddersfield had an extra midweek game against Wolves too.

Conclusion: Fuss about nothing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:28 - May 3 with 4290 viewshoppy

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:24 - May 3 by Reuser_is_God

They also made 10 changes when they played Man City in the cup & they got a draw, did they get punished for that? No.

Teams down the bottom also have 46 games to ensure they don't get relegated, no to blame but themselves.

I agree with what Mick has said about the integrity of the league but we all know if we'd secured a play off spot he'd rest players regardless of how it would effect others, any manager would. If we'd have secured our PO sport after 45 games in 14/15 we'd have made 11 changes.

Also worth noting that Huddersfield had an extra midweek game against Wolves too.

How many changes did Man City make in that cup game?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Login to get fewer ads

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:35 - May 3 with 4255 viewstheblueginger

Stupid policy. It's almost as bad as Luton being fined this season for making changes during an JPT game in order to rotate some younger players in. The same people that rendered the competition worthless by including U-21 teams from Cat 1 academies then saw fit to punish a lower league club for playing its' own youngsters. Mental.
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 22:44 - May 3 with 3889 viewsParisBlue

Yes. We're under investigation for playing Skuglas, thus weakening the team.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 22:53 - May 3 with 3850 viewsstantheman

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:24 - May 3 by Reuser_is_God

Agree. The whole system almost forces clubs to have large squads and then they try to penalise them for using that squad.
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 07:24 - May 4 with 3603 viewsITFC_Forever

Maybe we can ask the League to look in to Arsenal fielding a weakened side away to Oxford in 1986.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 16:41 - May 4 with 3300 viewsWickets

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:22 - May 3 by JimmyJazz

No although we are under investigation for playing a crap team whenever Dougie started

Did we get any points when Dougie started?
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 16:43 - May 4 with 3291 viewsMJallday

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 13:22 - May 3 by JimmyJazz

open and shut case that one.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 16:44 - May 4 with 3288 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Wagner has earned the right to pick and choose who he wants.. Also, and perhaps more poignant is that who the hell are the EFL to tell any football club which players should or shouldn't be playing.

Bonkers!
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 17:34 - May 4 with 3204 viewsKilburnBlue

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 07:24 - May 4 by ITFC_Forever

Maybe we can ask the League to look in to Arsenal fielding a weakened side away to Oxford in 1986.

To be fair Arsenal put out a very strong team that game but many of the Arsenal players had their minds on the upcoming World Cup that summer

Always remember Kenny Samson promising Terry Butcher in an interview before the game saying Arsenal wouldnt let him down.

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 21:24 - May 4 with 3066 viewsITFC_Forever

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 17:34 - May 4 by KilburnBlue

To be fair Arsenal put out a very strong team that game but many of the Arsenal players had their minds on the upcoming World Cup that summer

Always remember Kenny Samson promising Terry Butcher in an interview before the game saying Arsenal wouldnt let him down.

Someone on here the other day said Arsenal put out a severely weakened side?

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 08:51 - May 5 with 2872 viewsKilburnBlue

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 21:24 - May 4 by ITFC_Forever

Someone on here the other day said Arsenal put out a severely weakened side?

Went to the game with my cousins who were massive Arsenal fans.

When they read the Arsenal team out before the game I was thought we are going to stay up. But sadly the Arsenal players were not up for it. I remember Charlie Nicholas missing two one on ones early on in the game when it was still 0-0. Sadly he missed them & once Oxford scored Arsenal frustratingly rolled over

Found Arsenal team on the day here - http://www.11v11.com/matches/oxford-united-v-arsenal-05-may-1986-88096/

Ps Arsenal fielded the same team two days early when they went to Birmingham & beat them
1-0. http://www.11v11.com/matches/birmingham-city-v-arsenal-03-may-1986-88083/

[Post edited 5 May 2017 8:55]

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 00:48 - May 6 with 2750 viewsHARRY10

Sorry, I cannot agree. Playing a supposedly under strength team against another team in a cup tie only affects that tie.

For a team in third place to lose to a ten man team a place of the bottom three would be odd in itself, if it were not that the third placed team put out an almost second string team.

It also opens up questions not only of the integrity of the game as a whole, but of that game in particular.

Not something football needs.
Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 00:58 - May 6 with 2743 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well, I agree with you completely just to buck the trend. Clubs name a squad and those players are eligible to play. Simple as in my book.

Everyone has a squad to use and everyone has 46 games to try to get promoted or avoid promotion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 01:09 - May 6 with 2736 viewsitfctilidie

Are Ipswich under the same EFL investigation as Huddersfield? on 00:48 - May 6 by HARRY10

Sorry, I cannot agree. Playing a supposedly under strength team against another team in a cup tie only affects that tie.

For a team in third place to lose to a ten man team a place of the bottom three would be odd in itself, if it were not that the third placed team put out an almost second string team.

It also opens up questions not only of the integrity of the game as a whole, but of that game in particular.

Not something football needs.

Sorry, you have clearly never played the game. If you had a league game where a win loss or draw wouldn't effect your final position, and you had a playoff match or cup final coming up a week or two later, would you be happy to go out and play at 100% in the nothing game and risk getting injured or suspended for the big game that is ahead?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024