Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? 21:20 - May 11 with 4924 viewsDBaldy

Other than mainstream stuff I find it difficult to find much decent craft beer in the shops so tend to buy quite a lot online. I've tried a number of websites, but wondered if anyone here had any other recommendations?

IMO Beer Hawk have the best deals and lowest delivery charge, but don't always have the best selection and sell out of less common beer pretty quickly.

Hop Burns & Black have by far the best selection of fresh beer that I've seen, but have the highest delivery charge.

I've also tried Beer Ritz, Ales by Mail and Beers of Europe.

Any other suggestions?
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 22:56 - May 11 with 4842 viewsGunnsAirkick

Beers of Europe are great, less hipster centric and they have such a huge selection including lots of Belgian and American beers. If you're local it's worth a trip there for a pick and mix session! They also have a spirits warehouse behind the beer one.

To the other end of the hipster spectrum my local BrewDog Bottle shop has a pretty decent selection now with a good cross section of beers (not so keen on them as a company considering their aggressive tactics recently though).
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 07:48 - May 12 with 4757 viewsSteve_M

M&S probably has the best range of any mainstream shop, probably not quite as random or obscure as you're looking for.

I'm lucky living in central London as I have a great beer shop just around the corner.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 09:40 - May 12 with 4713 viewsTIB

I get mine from Waitrose, Morrisons or my local real ale shop. Great selections on offer and I can normally find a new beer to try each time I go in...it's been a struggle recently though and I have toyed with ordering online. Will check out some of the sites mentioned below tonight.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 09:46 - May 12 with 4705 viewsunbelievablue

Beer52 is good. They send a magazine and snacks with each box too.

If you fancy using them let me know and I'll share my offer code.
[Post edited 12 May 2017 9:47]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 12:45 - May 12 with 4640 viewsDBaldy

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 07:48 - May 12 by Steve_M

M&S probably has the best range of any mainstream shop, probably not quite as random or obscure as you're looking for.

I'm lucky living in central London as I have a great beer shop just around the corner.

If it's not too much of a trek, you should give Hop Burns & Black a look. I think they're in Dulwich. Very good selection, you can order online and pick up in the shop.
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 12:46 - May 12 with 4638 viewsDBaldy

Thanks for the replies and PM's, got some good stuff to work with here.

Speaking of which, it's almost time to see what's on offer at Arcade Tavern this week....
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 13:24 - May 12 with 4613 viewsLiphookBlue

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 12:46 - May 12 by DBaldy

Speaking of which, it's almost time to see what's on offer at Arcade Tavern this week....

Beautiful Beers in Bury. Interesting selection and very helpful owner.
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 14:18 - May 12 with 4594 viewsMJallday

there are a lot of local breweries round here, so i just shop local.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 14:39 - May 12 with 4580 viewsSwansea_Blue

Spoilt for choice these days. I can well remember when this was the height of sophistication

New brewery started up down here that produces some rather nice stuff.

Boss
http://bossbrewing.co.uk/

We can get their core beers in the Coop, not sure if that's national. It's much better on draught but I don't know if it's widely distributed nor how well it travels.

If Swansea get relegated, our travelling fans can come and try it for themselves at 'Copper bar' near the Castle in the City centre.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 14:41 - May 12 with 4572 viewshoppy

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 13:24 - May 12 by LiphookBlue

Is that the one at the top of St John's Street, that used to be Peter Watts Audio shop?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 15:28 - May 12 with 4549 viewsFenoit

Just a heads up, there is a new Brewery set to launch fairly soon just outside Stowmarket. A lot of fuss around this one, so worth keeping an eye out for some of there stuff.

Hopefully it will have a decent tap room!

https://twitter.com/BurntMillBeer
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 20:50 - May 12 with 4469 viewsstonojnr

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 15:28 - May 12 by Fenoit

Just a heads up, there is a new Brewery set to launch fairly soon just outside Stowmarket. A lot of fuss around this one, so worth keeping an eye out for some of there stuff.

Hopefully it will have a decent tap room!

https://twitter.com/BurntMillBeer

thats alot of shiny brew kit...that stuff aint cheap for a startup, theyll need more than a tap room to shift that much beer that kit is capable of.
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 10:22 - May 13 with 4378 viewsFreddies_Ears

Craft? Pah, it's just expensive keg.

It is worth checking out your local supermarket (Sainsburys, CO-Op and Waitrose are the ones I use) as they have hugely increased their range of expensive keg products lately, clearly with a beady eye on improving their margins.

Oh, and a lot of it is being made by the mega breweries such as Heineken, but rebadged to make you think it's made by someone with a big beard in Shoreditch.
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 10:37 - May 13 with 4370 viewsTractorWood

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 13:24 - May 12 by LiphookBlue

Big fan of Renee. Went to a tasting there a few months ago and it was informative and unpretentious, highly recommend.

Arcade Tavern, Briar bank brewery and the Dove are my favourites​ in Ipswich. The new Tesco extra in Newmarket has a massive beer section, much better than expected.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 10:37 - May 13 with 4369 viewshoppy

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 10:22 - May 13 by Freddies_Ears

It is worth checking out your local supermarket (Sainsburys, CO-Op and Waitrose are the ones I use) as they have hugely increased their range of expensive keg products lately, clearly with a beady eye on improving their margins.

Oh, and a lot of it is being made by the mega breweries such as Heineken, but rebadged to make you think it's made by someone with a big beard in Shoreditch.

Always best served by someone with a big beard from Shoreditch rather than bought from a supermarket though, as then you can be sure of its authenticity.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 11:50 - May 13 with 4333 viewsLord_Lucan

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 12:46 - May 12 by DBaldy

I'll be in there tonight.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 12:52 - May 13 with 4308 viewsDBaldy

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 10:22 - May 13 by Freddies_Ears

LOL that's complete b0ll0x - I'm pretty certain Heineken don't have breweries in Falmouth, Huddersfield or Newport where some of my favourite craft breweries are based.

But you keep up those stereotypes. Ignorance is bliss, eh?
Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 14:24 - May 13 with 4259 viewsstonojnr

Craft beer fans - where do you buy yours? on 12:52 - May 13 by DBaldy

LOL that's complete b0ll0x - I'm pretty certain Heineken don't have breweries in Falmouth, Huddersfield or Newport where some of my favourite craft breweries are based.

But you keep up those stereotypes. Ignorance is bliss, eh?

Heineken completed a deal this week to take full ownership of Lagunitas, 5th largest craft brewer in the US, theyve owned 50% for past 2 years.

they launched a new Maltsmiths craft brewery brand this year,and they also account for Coast to Coast, Three Hop and Rare Red.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024