Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories 14:18 - Jun 9 with 10625 viewsElderGrizzly

Maybe this isn't all over?
Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:11 - Jun 9 with 2618 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:09 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what people like Chris Smith, Ruth Davidson and Ben Howlett thinks of this.

I'm going to write to Ruth Davidson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:11 - Jun 9 with 2624 viewsArcher4721

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:01 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

That's me out. May must resign immediately.

I cannot in all honesty support a government that is prepared to do deals, no matter how informal, with a party that has links to sectarian terrorists in Northern Ireland.

Fcuk off May you are an utter disgrace. And I am typing this with rather moist eyes. I have been a member of the Conservative party since 1986

I have won two elections as a Tory councillor. I'm utterly ashamed..

You ok hun? xx
Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:12 - Jun 9 with 2624 viewsArcher4721

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:11 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

I'm going to write to Ruth Davidson.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:12 - Jun 9 with 2618 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 14:27 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

So may has lied to the Queen

Unless the queen reads TWTD and we can expose her

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:12 - Jun 9 with 2621 viewsconnorscontract

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:01 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

I cannot in all honesty support a government that is prepared to do deals, no matter how informal, with a party that has links to sectarian terrorists in Northern Ireland.

Fcuk off May you are an utter disgrace. And I am typing this with rather moist eyes. I have been a member of the Conservative party since 1986

I'm genuinely sorry at you feeling like that.

I did my dissertation on Paisley and the DUP in the early 90's. My conclusion was that there was no way forward whilst Paisley was still alive.

The turnaround was nothing short of miraculous.

In order for it to happen people who had previously been enemies had to talk to each other. People who had previously shared platforms with paramilitaries had to be brought into the democratic process. Or the violence would have continued.

During our arguments of the past couple of days I have tried to articulate how Corbyn's role as a conduit between Westminster and the Republican movement was an important part of that process. The way he has been smeared for that is way beyond acceptable, in my view. It is so easy to print a photo or post a smear. It takes paragraphs of context to explain the nuances. By then people have switched off. The mud sticks.

I personally believe that the presence of Sammy Wilson and Gerry Adams inside the democratic process is vital for the future of the people of Northern Ireland. And for that to happen things of the past have to be forgiven.

I can't tell you how to think, or feel, right now, and if your position is an absolutist one on this issue then I respect that, but i'd encourage you to take some time over this.
Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:13 - Jun 9 with 2605 viewsNo9

If you really mean it I respect you for that post
Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:14 - Jun 9 with 2609 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fair play Glassers

As nick clegg said yesterday, 'I have lived my 12 years as an MP for you great people as someone who has lived by the sword and for that I must die by the sword'

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:16 - Jun 9 with 2600 viewsRyorry

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 14:29 - Jun 9 by MJallday

good point.

id never lie to the queen. except if i f4rted. id blame it on a corgi

She's probably used to it from Phil (not the Ham one).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:16 - Jun 9 with 2597 viewscolchesterchris

I have a huge amount of respect for your strength of principles on this, fair play to you.

It's rank hypocrisy from May, one of the main attacks on Corbyn has been in relation to his links, so to then go cap in hand to the DUP in order to prop herself up for a bit longer is appalling.

Personally though, the arguments you were making for wanting JC to stay as Labour leader could now be applied to May, she's a lame duck PM now.

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:20 - Jun 9 with 2574 viewsStokieBlue

She has to go, appalling campaign and now siding with a real nasty party.

I wanted her to go this morning, I am surprised she had the bare face cheek to try and carry on.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:22]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:23 - Jun 9 with 2568 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:11 - Jun 9 by Archer4721

You ok hun? xx

And there was me thinking you liked political people with 'integrity'.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:26 - Jun 9 with 2548 viewsArcher4721

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:23 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

And there was me thinking you liked political people with 'integrity'.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:26]

I'm genuinely worried the poor bloke is having a breakdown on the internet.
Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:26 - Jun 9 with 2538 viewsfactual_blue

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:16 - Jun 9 by Ryorry

She's probably used to it from Phil (not the Ham one).

When the donald visits, do you think Phil will think 'trump' is a command?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:27 - Jun 9 with 2536 viewsRyorry

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:20 - Jun 9 by StokieBlue

She has to go, appalling campaign and now siding with a real nasty party.

I wanted her to go this morning, I am surprised she had the bare face cheek to try and carry on.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:22]

The DUP really are a VeryUnpleasantParty aren't they - talk about "Coalition of Chaos" ...

https://leftfootforward.org/2017/06/who-are-the-dup-extreme-social-conservatives

https://www.desmog.uk/2017/06/08/what-does-hung-parliament-mean-energy-and-clima
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:29]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:28 - Jun 9 with 2536 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:26 - Jun 9 by Archer4721

I'm genuinely worried the poor bloke is having a breakdown on the internet.

In all fairness, if I was a basically decent but misguided chap like Glassers I'd be pretty appalled that the people I've been campaigning for are now going into an agreement with a bunch of homophobic, misogynistic religious fanatics who were funded by paramilitary organisations too.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:28 - Jun 9 with 2534 viewsfactual_blue

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 14:38 - Jun 9 by artsbossbeard

It's interesting also that the DUP's views are from the 70's.

*digs out flares*

I don't think flares were popular in the 1870s. I certainly don't remember them being trendy then.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:29 - Jun 9 with 2523 viewsBlueBadger

I'm calling this 'today's best post on the subject'.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:38 - Jun 9 with 2496 viewsfactual_blue

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:02 - Jun 9 by artsbossbeard

oh, my newsfeed thing says:

DUP leader Arlene Foster announces plans for Tory coalition government

It's a 'confidence and supply' agreenent; the dup will vote with the tories on any votes which are implicitly or explicitly votes of confidence and on the votes that give the govt the right to raise money, ie 'supply' votes.

The challenge for the opposition is to find the right time to table a confidence vote the dup couldn't support.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:39 - Jun 9 with 2491 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:38 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

It's a 'confidence and supply' agreenent; the dup will vote with the tories on any votes which are implicitly or explicitly votes of confidence and on the votes that give the govt the right to raise money, ie 'supply' votes.

The challenge for the opposition is to find the right time to table a confidence vote the dup couldn't support.

Something involving behaving with a level of basic decency towards gay people or women should do it.

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:41 - Jun 9 with 2474 viewsartsbossbeard

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:38 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

Gotcha, makes sense.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:51 - Jun 9 with 2444 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:28 - Jun 9 by factual_blue

I don't think flares were popular in the 1870s. I certainly don't remember them being trendy then.

Also, banning order innit?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:53 - Jun 9 with 2434 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:28 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

In all fairness, if I was a basically decent but misguided chap like Glassers I'd be pretty appalled that the people I've been campaigning for are now going into an agreement with a bunch of homophobic, misogynistic religious fanatics who were funded by paramilitary organisations too.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2017 15:34]

I'm still holding out hope that a number of senior Tory Mp's file into Number 10 to say they will not go into any type of arrangement with the DUP, that she should lead a minority government and dare the opposition to vote down a Queen's speech.

They should also tell her to resign as leader of the Conservative Party and trigger a leadership election.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:54 - Jun 9 with 2431 viewsDarth_Koont

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:12 - Jun 9 by connorscontract

I'm genuinely sorry at you feeling like that.

I did my dissertation on Paisley and the DUP in the early 90's. My conclusion was that there was no way forward whilst Paisley was still alive.

The turnaround was nothing short of miraculous.

In order for it to happen people who had previously been enemies had to talk to each other. People who had previously shared platforms with paramilitaries had to be brought into the democratic process. Or the violence would have continued.

During our arguments of the past couple of days I have tried to articulate how Corbyn's role as a conduit between Westminster and the Republican movement was an important part of that process. The way he has been smeared for that is way beyond acceptable, in my view. It is so easy to print a photo or post a smear. It takes paragraphs of context to explain the nuances. By then people have switched off. The mud sticks.

I personally believe that the presence of Sammy Wilson and Gerry Adams inside the democratic process is vital for the future of the people of Northern Ireland. And for that to happen things of the past have to be forgiven.

I can't tell you how to think, or feel, right now, and if your position is an absolutist one on this issue then I respect that, but i'd encourage you to take some time over this.

Well said. And entirely logical for anyone with half a brain.

Unfortunately, the "terrorist sympathiser" dog whistling is just too tempting in the game of politics. Even for those with half a brain.

On a side note, did anyone see that sneering UKIP no-mark mouthing "terrrorist sympathiser" behind Corbyn as he gave his Islington victory speech? At least I'm 90% sure that's what he was trying to say. Delighted to see these tools getting shown the door.

Pronouns: He/Him

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:57 - Jun 9 with 2424 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:53 - Jun 9 by GlasgowBlue

I'm still holding out hope that a number of senior Tory Mp's file into Number 10 to say they will not go into any type of arrangement with the DUP, that she should lead a minority government and dare the opposition to vote down a Queen's speech.

They should also tell her to resign as leader of the Conservative Party and trigger a leadership election.

I don't know much about politics but that sounds exactly the sort of thing a politician wouldn't do

It shows integrity and some actual care in what they are doing. I would be stunned if any Tory MPs affectively strike

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 15:58 - Jun 9 with 2415 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting - DUP have denied having an agreement with Tories on 14:29 - Jun 9 by MJallday

good point.

id never lie to the queen. except if i f4rted. id blame it on a corgi

So unfair on the corgis taking that easy option, I mean it's low hanging fruit...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024