Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benyu to Celtic is done 16:30 - Jun 29 with 8830 viewsmaccyd9

Such a strange move and I expect him to drop down to one of the lesser teams at that level.
Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:38 - Jun 29 with 2970 viewsitfcjoe

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:25 - Jun 29 by textbackup

He's a kid, has whole career ahead. My money is on him believing in himself and knowing a move to Celtic (whilst earning more money) will also see him win a few trophies and titles, then open up doors and windows to moves elsewhere.

It's an unbelievable opportunity, his agent has played a blinder. But there's no way he'd done enough to earn a 4 year deal here - he would have been released but for a good loan spell, which was only sorted because their manager used to play for Mick.

Speak to those you know in the club and you won't here many positives about him - a shame he's gone, but we've got good CMs coming through so don't think he'll be missed. He isn't going to go up there and be a big star straight away - not even close to I'd say

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:42 - Jun 29 with 2956 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:25 - Jun 29 by itfcjoe

A 4 year contract off the back of a loan spell in the Conference, his agent has played a blinder

Indeed, a very surprising move, although I suppose if Celtic saw something in him during his spell at Aldershot and can get him for a small amount of compensation - it'll be low six figures - then they're in a position to take a chance on him. Bit like West Ham taking Sam Ford when he was being released from here.

I assume he'll be in Celtic's development squad or sent out on loan for some or all of the season. Would guess he'd be a way off their first team this year, whereas he'd have a chance of getting in our side if he had stayed here. I don't get the impression too many will be too unhappy to see him move on at Town.
Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:42 - Jun 29 with 2949 viewstractorshark

Real shame because I was looking forward to seeing him this season.
But I don't buy into the criticism of the club or manager.
He was offered a contract, which he was going to sign. Then he turned it down.
He's presumably had his head turned by a bigger club with more money.
If it was truly about wanting more game-time, he would have been better off at Ipswich than Celtic.
By his admission, his attitude has been poor. Even if he had stayed, I suspect we would have the same issue somewhere down the line regardless of whether McCarthy was in charge.
If Benyu thinks he's the bees knees based on a loan spell at Aldershot, then he's more deluded than Brendan Rodgers.
Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:48 - Jun 29 with 2937 viewsMullet

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:42 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, a very surprising move, although I suppose if Celtic saw something in him during his spell at Aldershot and can get him for a small amount of compensation - it'll be low six figures - then they're in a position to take a chance on him. Bit like West Ham taking Sam Ford when he was being released from here.

I assume he'll be in Celtic's development squad or sent out on loan for some or all of the season. Would guess he'd be a way off their first team this year, whereas he'd have a chance of getting in our side if he had stayed here. I don't get the impression too many will be too unhappy to see him move on at Town.

Is there a set formula for compo? Or is it another case of tribunal black magic?

Has there been any precedents where we can do something leftfield like take a player of equivalent value, demand more money and appeal etc.

I know we'll just take whatever goes in the begging bowl, but I wondered how the system really might work. Seems we're heading for a future where we get pillaged then take back annual loans of Prem starlets and pay top whack to do so.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:54 - Jun 29 with 2912 viewsPJH

I have never seen him play but there seems to be no doubt that he is a talented footballer.
It remains to be seen if he has the mental make up to make a career in the game.

I assume that he will get to watch Celtic try to qualify for the Champions League and then get to watch Celtic win the SPL again-and get paid a shed load of money for it.

As other's have said, he must have a good Agent.
Benyu to Celtic is done on 18:04 - Jun 29 with 2881 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:48 - Jun 29 by Mullet

Is there a set formula for compo? Or is it another case of tribunal black magic?

Has there been any precedents where we can do something leftfield like take a player of equivalent value, demand more money and appeal etc.

I know we'll just take whatever goes in the begging bowl, but I wondered how the system really might work. Seems we're heading for a future where we get pillaged then take back annual loans of Prem starlets and pay top whack to do so.

I think there's a formula for FIFA training compensation but depends on precisely when he came to the club as well as him having been offered further terms here etc. We'll get the sort of figure we paid Shelbourne for Adam McDonnell or Dylan Connolly, perhaps a little more.
Benyu to Celtic is done on 18:07 - Jun 29 with 2863 viewsVic

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:13 - Jun 29 by textbackup

It's more what does Benyu see in Rogers that he doesn't Mick.

Answer. A chance to develop as a professional footballer

You mean like Kenlock and Webster and Lawrence and Williams, and Dozzell, .....?

No he clearly knows nothing about football - I mean what did he do in his playing career? As as for his managerial record, he's done nothing. Just managed some minor inernational team at a World Cup, and some prem teams.

Nope, young Benny has certainly sussed Mick out.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Benyu to Celtic is done on 18:10 - Jun 29 with 2862 viewsMullet

Benyu to Celtic is done on 18:04 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

I think there's a formula for FIFA training compensation but depends on precisely when he came to the club as well as him having been offered further terms here etc. We'll get the sort of figure we paid Shelbourne for Adam McDonnell or Dylan Connolly, perhaps a little more.

I think the worst part about that, and this is speaking purely from our POV is there's no % tacked on to his career.

If he or McDonnell etc. went on to be stars it seems right that trickles down in today's landscape. As it is clubs get a flat fee, at a fractional rate regardless of how a player does. That seems unfair and illogical given the purpose of these fees at all in many respects.

It would be great to see him fly though. I just can't see it. Seems he's going to be someone sold off to fund the next batch in a few years time with the hope he might just make it there of course.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Benyu to Celtic is done on 18:31 - Jun 29 with 2817 viewsBlue_Order

Maybe he just loves the RA...
Benyu to Celtic is done on 19:24 - Jun 29 with 2755 viewsJ2BLUE

He's gone to a massive club, got a 4 year deal and is probably on fairly decent money. He's set for life now regardless of what happens. Can't really blame him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Probably realises that he can't hack it in the Championship..... on 19:27 - Jun 29 with 2747 viewsBloots

....and wants to try his luck at a lower level.

Innit.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Benyu to Celtic is done on 19:27 - Jun 29 with 2748 viewsPJH

Benyu to Celtic is done on 19:24 - Jun 29 by J2BLUE

He's gone to a massive club, got a 4 year deal and is probably on fairly decent money. He's set for life now regardless of what happens. Can't really blame him.

But enough about Huws, how about Benyu?
Benyu to Celtic is done on 19:52 - Jun 29 with 2702 viewsSWGF

Benyu to Celtic is done on 18:04 - Jun 29 by PhilTWTD

Can tribunal's add a sell-on clause to the fee or is it a straight deal?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Benyu to Celtic is done on 20:06 - Jun 29 with 2693 viewsPhilTWTD

Benyu to Celtic is done on 19:52 - Jun 29 by SWGF

Can tribunal's add a sell-on clause to the fee or is it a straight deal?

I don't think there'll be a tribunal in this instance as compensation depends on a FIFA formula.
Benyu to Celtic is done on 20:58 - Jun 29 with 2630 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Benyu to Celtic is done on 17:25 - Jun 29 by textbackup

He's a kid, has whole career ahead. My money is on him believing in himself and knowing a move to Celtic (whilst earning more money) will also see him win a few trophies and titles, then open up doors and windows to moves elsewhere.

So in actual fact, nothing to do with the manager then?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Benyu to Celtic is done on 23:22 - Jun 29 with 2549 viewstcblue

Just seen this. Wow. I guess Celtic have the cash to speculate but he has got one hell of an agent..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024