Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher 19:11 - Jul 24 with 10205 viewsElderGrizzly

than last season already. With a couple of more to add yet

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 22:22 - Jul 24 with 2804 viewsMark

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 22:12 - Jul 24 by Mullet

Berra, Lawrence and Pitman were, but then Huws became the highest player thus far under MM and Celina is probably equivalent to Lawrence give or take.

The others were paid in Farley's rusks and cherryade comparatively.

Also not helpful from the local press again making our 14 have left, when people are having a pissing contest over whether or not two of them count as new signings etc.

Surely ex-Newcastle man Taylor was on a fair wage, and Douglas probably commanded a decent salary to take him from Brentford on a free transfer.

I am sure the new signings are on good money, but not massive money. Huws was surplus to requirements at Cardiff, Garner offloaded by Rangers, Adeyemi released by Cardiff (wanted by Rotherham) and Celina is a young lad similar to Lawrence. Iorfa is not cheap I expect.
Chambo had signed his new contract..... on 22:23 - Jul 24 with 2798 viewsBloots

Nah, he didn't have a contract..... on 22:01 - Jul 24 by Kieran_Knows

Presume on this logic, that Chambers is also classed as a new signing?

Runs for cover ....

....before the end of the season and before his previous one had run out.

He was never out of contract.

So there.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Neither had a contract with us.... on 22:24 - Jul 24 with 2798 viewsBloots

Nah, he didn't have a contract..... on 21:59 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

Spence signed a deal until the end of the season.

Huws was a loan and under contract to another club.

Not the same thing.

...after the end of the season.

Actually.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Neither had a contract with us.... on 22:27 - Jul 24 with 2787 viewsMark

Neither had a contract with us.... on 22:24 - Jul 24 by Bloots

...after the end of the season.

Actually.

Football contracts run to the end of June don't they? Spence signed an extended contract on 6th June and it was not reported as a new signing at the time.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/jordan-spence-signs-new-contract/
Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 22:28 - Jul 24 with 2777 viewsMullet

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 22:22 - Jul 24 by Mark

Surely ex-Newcastle man Taylor was on a fair wage, and Douglas probably commanded a decent salary to take him from Brentford on a free transfer.

I am sure the new signings are on good money, but not massive money. Huws was surplus to requirements at Cardiff, Garner offloaded by Rangers, Adeyemi released by Cardiff (wanted by Rotherham) and Celina is a young lad similar to Lawrence. Iorfa is not cheap I expect.

Taylor came from the MLS and like Spence a freebie so I doubt it.

Douglas was also about 42 and out of contract when we got him so I doubt we matched his salary let alone increased it, as he would have been signed expecting to be a squad filler.

Garner was still in a to a couple of years up at Rangers so unless they paid him off completely I can't imagine it was much, same as Huws who took a paycut to come here on loan and subsequently Phil has mentioned is now our highest earner (happy for him to clarify that).

Either way we're probably not too far off what we paying last season as overall that was beggar all. Plus Kenlock, Dozzell even Emmanuel will have triggered clauses seeing them go up from begger all to a pro wage over the course of the season I suspect. That tips the figure up too no doubt.

Not really sure it's a big deal if we go from 17th in wages to 15th as long as we overachieve comparatively again.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 2755 viewsMark

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 22:28 - Jul 24 by Mullet

Taylor came from the MLS and like Spence a freebie so I doubt it.

Douglas was also about 42 and out of contract when we got him so I doubt we matched his salary let alone increased it, as he would have been signed expecting to be a squad filler.

Garner was still in a to a couple of years up at Rangers so unless they paid him off completely I can't imagine it was much, same as Huws who took a paycut to come here on loan and subsequently Phil has mentioned is now our highest earner (happy for him to clarify that).

Either way we're probably not too far off what we paying last season as overall that was beggar all. Plus Kenlock, Dozzell even Emmanuel will have triggered clauses seeing them go up from begger all to a pro wage over the course of the season I suspect. That tips the figure up too no doubt.

Not really sure it's a big deal if we go from 17th in wages to 15th as long as we overachieve comparatively again.

Or maybe we've gone down from 17th wages to 20th or something as other clubs all seem to be investing more.

As for Douglas, Sky described him as "The 33-year-old, who was the mainstay of the Bees midfield under Mark Warburton as they reached the play-offs last season". I think McCarthy rated him higher than a squad filler at the time.
Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 23:10 - Jul 24 with 2699 viewstractorboy1978

He's including current players that have signed new deals. So that includes Chambers, Dozzell, Downes, Gerken, Emmanuel.
Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 23:48 - Jul 24 with 2673 viewsNazemariner

I'd expect all of those contracts will be around the 10k mark. Some a little less, some a little more. Spence would of got a substantial pay rise. Huws will be big wage, and Chambo would of got a better deal.

Of those that left, I'd imagine only Berra was on sizeable figure, with Pitman taking a decent wage, and who really knows what Lawrence was earning.

Of course that's all speculation, but I can see how the wage bill may have gone up.
Login to get fewer ads

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 04:28 - Jul 25 with 2634 viewsBenters

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 19:42 - Jul 24 by Reuser_is_God

About time we started spending more then rather than just plodding along boring everyone to death.

This.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 08:11 - Jul 25 with 2569 viewsitfcjoe

Think there must be a fair bit of creative accounting at play in that - I know the fee for Huws was much less than being reported.....but with a presumbably large signing on fee which if split out through course of contract (as is standard) could make it look bigger than before.

The numbers just don't make sense otherwise with what we've lost and it feels like apples and oranges being compared

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 08:50 - Jul 25 with 2525 viewsSuperfrans

This is Milne mis-speaking, I'm sure of it. It can't be true that way it's reported.

I suspect what he means is that the players we have signed are on higher salaries than the players they're replacing - assuming Huws' salary is going up, maybe Spence is on a bit more, Celina on more than Lawrence, Garner more than Pittman, that kind of thing.

But it's typical of Milne to mislead like this, however accidental it may be.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 09:24 - Jul 25 with 2493 viewsMuncher

Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 23:48 - Jul 24 by Nazemariner

I'd expect all of those contracts will be around the 10k mark. Some a little less, some a little more. Spence would of got a substantial pay rise. Huws will be big wage, and Chambo would of got a better deal.

Of those that left, I'd imagine only Berra was on sizeable figure, with Pitman taking a decent wage, and who really knows what Lawrence was earning.

Of course that's all speculation, but I can see how the wage bill may have gone up.

Chambers deal is on exactly the same money.
Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 10:17 - Jul 25 with 2471 viewsNo9

Isn't that surprising is it?

Of those departed who bar Berra & PItman would have been on much money? Lawrence was a loan & we don't know the details of the loan. Huws was supposed to be almost paying to play.
Even after 14 players have left, our wage bill is apparently higher on 11:30 - Jul 25 with 2435 viewsSmithy

Left at eos

1. Taylor
2. Berra
3. Best
4. Pitman
5. Digby
6. Coke
7. Williams
8. Douglas
9. Lawrence
10. Benyu
11. Robinson
12. Diagouraga
13. Samuel
14. Marsden

Left on loan

15. Emmanuel
16. Moore

Due to leave

17. Bru
18. McDonnell (loan)

Left during season

1. Murphy
2. Varney
3. Stewart
4. Grant
5. Malarczyk

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024