Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A pet hate of mine 08:19 - Aug 20 with 5251 viewstractordownsouth

I have a Brentford fan on the football league forum telling me that " I shouldn't forget that we were completely dominated for 45 minutes." So what? They still couldn't score and our defenders proved superior to their forwards yesterday. I hate it when people say a team didn't deserve to win because their defence played well or had fewer shots. Barring bad refereeing decisions ( and there weren't any yesterday), whoever scores the most goals deserves to win. It's as simple as that.

It's exactly the same as some Norwich fans saying we didn't deserve to get a point because Bart made a few saves.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

A pet hate of mine on 08:22 - Aug 20 with 5196 viewsKieran_Knows

The most entitled bunch of pr*cks you could ever meet, and I for once am glad to see them bottom.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

A pet hate of mine on 08:27 - Aug 20 with 5159 viewstractordownsouth

A pet hate of mine on 08:22 - Aug 20 by Kieran_Knows

The most entitled bunch of pr*cks you could ever meet, and I for once am glad to see them bottom.

It's a shame because I liked them in their first year up when we were both in the top six. But they seem like another lot that can't deal with the fact that their multi million pound squad have lost to our bunch of cloggers so throw out the " But we played more short passes."

Cry me a river...

A pet hate of mine on 09:06 - Aug 20 with 4964 viewsElderGrizzly

A pet hate of mine on 08:27 - Aug 20 by tractordownsouth

It's a shame because I liked them in their first year up when we were both in the top six. But they seem like another lot that can't deal with the fact that their multi million pound squad have lost to our bunch of cloggers so throw out the " But we played more short passes."

Cry me a river...

Thing is we haven't clogged it all season. Rarely went direct and played it out from the back almost every time.

We just let them have it as we knew they struggled to hurt us with it.
A pet hate of mine on 09:08 - Aug 20 with 4951 viewstractordownsouth

A pet hate of mine on 09:06 - Aug 20 by ElderGrizzly

Thing is we haven't clogged it all season. Rarely went direct and played it out from the back almost every time.

Yeah that's true, I was thinking more of the opposition's perception of us.

A pet hate of mine on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 4906 viewsbrogansnose

They shouldn't forget that we scored two more goals than them . That they are down the bottom of the league and we are at the top.

Everything else is just stats.
A pet hate of mine on 09:17 - Aug 20 with 4899 viewsTractorWood

A pet hate of mine on 09:06 - Aug 20 by ElderGrizzly

Did a bit of a job on them. They looked like they might get through when the game was more open but when we were 2-0 we shut up shop and let them pass it around.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

A pet hate of mine on 09:17 - Aug 20 with 4893 viewsplaythewayyourfacing

A pet hate of mine on 09:08 - Aug 20 by tractordownsouth

Yeah that's true, I was thinking more of the opposition's perception of us.

Do you get points for passes made? ummmmmmmm no. Bless em
A pet hate of mine on 09:23 - Aug 20 with 4858 viewsbenno1uk

Stats seem to be a big thing aimed at us this season for some reason. Norwich fans quoting x% possession and how we have scored x% of shots on target etc. All I know is we've won 5 out of 5 games. Someone's obviously got Excel for Christmas this year. Stats are the new airport.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 9:24]
Login to get fewer ads

A pet hate of mine on 09:25 - Aug 20 with 4830 viewsLankHenners

A pet hate of mine on 09:17 - Aug 20 by TractorWood

Did a bit of a job on them. They looked like they might get through when the game was more open but when we were 2-0 we shut up shop and let them pass it around.

As soon as we scored the 2nd I was confident we'd win and keep a clean sheet - they became desperate and any ball into the box we dealt with comfortably.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

A pet hate of mine on 09:29 - Aug 20 with 4798 viewsGeoffSentence

You are absolutely spot on with this, I cannot abide it when anyone says a team 'deserved' to win. Football isn't like gymnastics, dressage or any of those other soppy sports where you get judged on style or technique. It is a pure sport, the aim of the sport is to score more goals than the opposition and if you do that you deserve to win.

Goalkeepers and defenders are part of the team too, and if they do their job better than the opposite forwards, then they contribute to success just as much.

The only time you can maybe get away with saying it is if your team was denied by a clearly wrong decision, Hawkeye is making that less likely now so your Brentford buddy has no cause for complaint.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A pet hate of mine on 09:31 - Aug 20 with 4765 viewsitfcjoe

A pet hate of mine on 09:29 - Aug 20 by GeoffSentence

You are absolutely spot on with this, I cannot abide it when anyone says a team 'deserved' to win. Football isn't like gymnastics, dressage or any of those other soppy sports where you get judged on style or technique. It is a pure sport, the aim of the sport is to score more goals than the opposition and if you do that you deserve to win.

Goalkeepers and defenders are part of the team too, and if they do their job better than the opposite forwards, then they contribute to success just as much.

The only time you can maybe get away with saying it is if your team was denied by a clearly wrong decision, Hawkeye is making that less likely now so your Brentford buddy has no cause for complaint.

Also, quite obviously, goals change games - and when we are 2-0 up we were very happy to not have possession and look to create as no need to do that further skews the stats.

I imagine the Derby game last year when we went 3-0 down early that we had more shots and possession - means nothing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A pet hate of mine on 09:51 - Aug 20 with 4641 viewsfactual_blue

A pet hate of mine on 09:23 - Aug 20 by benno1uk

Stats seem to be a big thing aimed at us this season for some reason. Norwich fans quoting x% possession and how we have scored x% of shots on target etc. All I know is we've won 5 out of 5 games. Someone's obviously got Excel for Christmas this year. Stats are the new airport.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 9:24]

All they are doing then with their stats is proving that we're playing very efficient football.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A pet hate of mine on 09:57 - Aug 20 with 4609 viewsbenno1uk

A pet hate of mine on 09:51 - Aug 20 by factual_blue

All they are doing then with their stats is proving that we're playing very efficient football.

Ironic when efficiency is often associated with Germans.
A pet hate of mine on 10:48 - Aug 20 with 4472 viewstractordownsouth

This is the response I got

" Well that's not true in the slightest. I'm certainly not saying we deserved the win yesterday, but in loads of matches around the world each weekend the better side gets nothing out of games. In such a low scoring game such as football, randomness and luck has a huge impact on the result - particularly compared to high scoring sports like basketball."

😂😂😂

A pet hate of mine on 11:35 - Aug 20 with 4325 viewsGeoffSentence

A pet hate of mine on 10:48 - Aug 20 by tractordownsouth

" Well that's not true in the slightest. I'm certainly not saying we deserved the win yesterday, but in loads of matches around the world each weekend the better side gets nothing out of games. In such a low scoring game such as football, randomness and luck has a huge impact on the result - particularly compared to high scoring sports like basketball."

😂😂😂

What randomness and luck did they benefit from yesterday?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A pet hate of mine on 12:36 - Aug 20 with 4180 viewsBlueinBrum

A pet hate of mine on 10:48 - Aug 20 by tractordownsouth

😂😂😂

Tell him that the Brentford Bulls or whatever his local basketball team is will be very grateful of his support as it's such a superior and fair game - sounds like football isn't the sport for him!!
A pet hate of mine on 14:32 - Aug 20 with 3956 viewsportmanroadblue

A pet hate of mine on 12:36 - Aug 20 by BlueinBrum

Tell him that the Brentford Bulls or whatever his local basketball team is will be very grateful of his support as it's such a superior and fair game - sounds like football isn't the sport for him!!

Maybe they shouldn't have sold their strikers, got a lot of money, but not replaced them with the same quality.
A pet hate of mine on 14:57 - Aug 20 with 3870 viewstractorboy7777

There's a couple of those forums which are worth a read if you fancy reading some more dilusion, one Brentford fan bemoaning injuries

https://www.onefootballforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/ipswich-vs-brentford.16568/

http://www.footballforums.net/threads/ipswich-vs-brentford.266900/page-2

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

A pet hate of mine on 16:42 - Aug 20 with 3685 viewsnoggin

Chiswick wannabes

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A pet hate of mine on 18:57 - Aug 20 with 3492 viewsDeano69

Is domination the same as possession? Not on my watch. Only one stat counts after the final whistle, that the score.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024