Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' 08:38 - Oct 16 with 28317 viewsWeWereZombies

Not a quote from me from the former head of the civil service Sir Bob Kerslake:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/lesley-riddoch-brexit-crisis-more-calamitou

Whether you are Remain or Leave there are some interesting points to chew over in the above article, the one I find most intriguing is the view that we are at the moment being ruled by a coalition and we will be whoever wins the next election.

'The Labour leadership, while notionally pro-Remain, really want to leave while the Tory leadership, who are pushing through Brexit, are on the whole in favour of remaining. The Labour leadership has to argue half-heartedly for Remain to hold its coalition together and the Conservative leadership has to argue unconvincingly about the benefits of leaving to hold its coalition together.'

And, oh, the cost -

'We need at least a four-year transition period and we are nowhere near starting proper talks about trading relationships because we need to sort the payment issue out. £50 billion looks like a lot of money but in the scheme of government spending, it isn’t.'

So if you are wondering why that £330m a week isn't being spent on the NHS, well that's three years worth of it right there - at least the transition period is down from the ten years mooted by Deloittes at the start of the year, no mention of the 30,000 extra civil servants they suggested though.

Still, at least we can flounce off and join the other five countries who exist without trade deals.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:34 - Oct 16 with 6784 viewsNo9

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:21 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

Out of interest, if the media are not reporting and exposing the governments wastefulness and incompetence how do you know about it?

SB
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 10:21]

Sorry to but in but often the technical press expose government waste & incompetence.
How else woul we know this government is handing out £ bns to overseas corporations

Do they do this in error or because they have a need to ensure some of the population is adequately informed?
'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:40 - Oct 16 with 6778 viewscaught-in-limbo

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:26 - Oct 16 by Darth_Koont

Hmmm. There are an awful lot of people who don't think Brexit means anything (to them).

I imagine, for a very large percentage of the people, Brexit has become to mean "is the government going to honour our democratic vote like they promised they would?"

Which is a shame, because that's not really Brexit, is it?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:04 - Oct 16 with 6755 viewsStokieBlue

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:28 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

When the media truly exposes incompetence, wastefulness and lies it results in people losing their jobs. The media have exposed no one.

Out of interest, how do you see the Brexit fiasco being resolved?

You've not answered the question, you've posted a fluffy sentence then posed a question to divert from the fact you haven't answered.

How do you know about all this incompetence and wastefulness if the media haven't exposed it to you?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:12 - Oct 16 with 6744 viewsNo9

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:40 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

I imagine, for a very large percentage of the people, Brexit has become to mean "is the government going to honour our democratic vote like they promised they would?"

Which is a shame, because that's not really Brexit, is it?

As every day goes by it is apparent this is not about the UK leaving the EU it is about the ongoing warrring within the British Conservative party.
They can't agree among themselves what they want and in their glorious dictatorship don't see any reason why anyone else should have a say.
Brext funded by very wealth people with their own agenda, Brexit MP's who stand to gan from the UK leaving the EU & foreign money being pumped in to suppport a Brexit cause hardly paints a picture of a sound democracy does it?
'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:14 - Oct 16 with 6743 viewsStokieBlue

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:12 - Oct 16 by No9

As every day goes by it is apparent this is not about the UK leaving the EU it is about the ongoing warrring within the British Conservative party.
They can't agree among themselves what they want and in their glorious dictatorship don't see any reason why anyone else should have a say.
Brext funded by very wealth people with their own agenda, Brexit MP's who stand to gan from the UK leaving the EU & foreign money being pumped in to suppport a Brexit cause hardly paints a picture of a sound democracy does it?

Are you saying the Labour party is in agreement about Brexit?

They refused to even discuss it at their conference because it would have tore the place apart.

You make literally every thread about the conservatives. Labour could have organised an opposition to Brexit, promised a referendum and joined with other liberal parties to try and get a vote to reverse it but they haven't.

SB

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:17 - Oct 16 with 6739 viewsNo9

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:14 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

Are you saying the Labour party is in agreement about Brexit?

They refused to even discuss it at their conference because it would have tore the place apart.

You make literally every thread about the conservatives. Labour could have organised an opposition to Brexit, promised a referendum and joined with other liberal parties to try and get a vote to reverse it but they haven't.

SB

Brexit has nothign to do with labout does it?
They have pprobably the most coherent MP on the subject but he is powerless.
labour are disunited but they are NOT the party of government
The other countries in the Union are not consulted = this is a tory party war no more no less & funded by those with special interests
Sorry SB, you are just not watching what is going on.
'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:25 - Oct 16 with 6729 viewsNo9

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:17 - Oct 16 by No9

The other countries in the Union are not consulted = this is a tory party war no more no less & funded by those with special interests

Sorry about the typo's going to get a new keyboard & KILL predictive text
'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:29 - Oct 16 with 6724 viewsStokieBlue

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:17 - Oct 16 by No9

Of course it has something to do with Labour, they are the opposition, it's their job to hold the government to account on things like brexit, not bury their heads in the sand and pretend it will go away so they can't get blamed for anything.

All the union was consulted during the general election and the referendum. How should they be consulted?

I am completely confused what your point/position is.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:37 - Oct 16 with 6717 viewshype313

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:29 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

Of course it has something to do with Labour, they are the opposition, it's their job to hold the government to account on things like brexit, not bury their heads in the sand and pretend it will go away so they can't get blamed for anything.

All the union was consulted during the general election and the referendum. How should they be consulted?

SB

The current UK Labour party are pro Brexit, which is why they are so quiet on the subject.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 12:02 - Oct 16 with 6701 viewscaught-in-limbo

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:04 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

You've not answered the question, you've posted a fluffy sentence then posed a question to divert from the fact you haven't answered.

How do you know about all this incompetence and wastefulness if the media haven't exposed it to you?

SB

Funny how you avoided my question my ridiculously accusing me of giving you a fluffy answer.
If defining the scope of a word makes an answer fluffy, then you have no idea what fluffy means.
If I haven't given the answer you want, then use less fluffy wording and be a bit more precise and I'll give you a different answer.

#toxic

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 12:09 - Oct 16 with 6694 viewsStokieBlue

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 12:02 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

Funny how you avoided my question my ridiculously accusing me of giving you a fluffy answer.
If defining the scope of a word makes an answer fluffy, then you have no idea what fluffy means.
If I haven't given the answer you want, then use less fluffy wording and be a bit more precise and I'll give you a different answer.

You didn't give an answer at all and you still haven't. You haven't tried to define the scope of the word anywhere in your posts.

If the media haven't exposed the things you have mentioned then how do you know about them?

Pretty simple question really, no idea why it's taken you three posts not to answer.

SB
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 12:11]

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 12:18 - Oct 16 with 6679 viewslowhouseblue

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:14 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses”

Short of mass civil unrest, only the media has the power to expose the government's wastefulness and incompetence. As it is, they're not doing what they - as the 4th pillar of democracy - are supposed to do.

Now, we could all write angry letters to our favourite rags' editors, or we could stop giving them money.

How do you see the Brexit fiasco being resolved?

mind control by 10.15 on a Monday morning. wow. just wow.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 14:01 - Oct 16 with 6636 viewscaught-in-limbo

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 12:09 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

You didn't give an answer at all and you still haven't. You haven't tried to define the scope of the word anywhere in your posts.

If the media haven't exposed the things you have mentioned then how do you know about them?

Pretty simple question really, no idea why it's taken you three posts not to answer.

SB
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 12:11]

The media have exposed no one. If they have, let me know who they've exposed and the consequences.
I know that the government have been incompetent on this issue because I've read about it here every day since the referendum. I've also said from the start that it's not going to happen - and to date, nothing has happened to prove me wrong.
I imagine it must be costly having lots of fruitless high level meetings.

Now, answer my question: How do you think Brexit will turn out?

#toxic

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 14:06 - Oct 16 with 6632 viewsJ2BLUE

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 14:01 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

The media have exposed no one. If they have, let me know who they've exposed and the consequences.
I know that the government have been incompetent on this issue because I've read about it here every day since the referendum. I've also said from the start that it's not going to happen - and to date, nothing has happened to prove me wrong.
I imagine it must be costly having lots of fruitless high level meetings.

Now, answer my question: How do you think Brexit will turn out?

Apologies if i've missed it but what is your definition of Brexit? What would have to happen for you to say Brexit has been delivered?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 14:06]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 14:43 - Oct 16 with 6600 viewscaught-in-limbo

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 14:06 - Oct 16 by J2BLUE

Apologies if i've missed it but what is your definition of Brexit? What would have to happen for you to say Brexit has been delivered?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 14:06]

You asked me exactly the same question about 3 or 4 months ago. Is I dug out my original posts from the weeks prior to the referendum last year.

It's just as easy for you to check.

Stick this in your favourite search engine:

caught-in-limbo brexit meaningful site:www.twtd.co.uk

#toxic

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 17:04 - Oct 16 with 6567 viewsWeWereZombies

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 09:39 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

How on earth is that going to achieve what you want?

How many people from this forum will click on your link let alone read the article or click one of the advertisers at the scotsman. com ?

Do you think Lesley Riddoch's boss will stride up to her desk and say: "great article Lesley, apart from the 95% SNP/sectarian messages left at the foot of your article, there were 4 comments from south of the border who liked your article - it looks like we're starting to get to the government here - they won't be able to ignore another great piece of investigative journalism like that holding them to account. The BBC have got wind of your article too I suspect they're finally going to really expose the government's wastefulness and wake up the docile masses.. Write another article like that and I'll see you right with a new pair of shoes."

Seriously, is that all we have to do to get "the media to illustrate how wasteful this whole process is and that will never happen if people bury their head in the sand".

Here's a tip - read the article and ignore the comments below it, life is too short to wade through the unresearched stuff that doesn't go past an editor - unless you think that Riddoch wrote the comments underneath her own article, please tell me you don't think that...

There is plenty of content critical of Brexit on the BBC, by the way.

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 17:10 - Oct 16 with 6564 viewsWeWereZombies

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:14 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses”

Short of mass civil unrest, only the media has the power to expose the government's wastefulness and incompetence. As it is, they're not doing what they - as the 4th pillar of democracy - are supposed to do.

Now, we could all write angry letters to our favourite rags' editors, or we could stop giving them money.

How do you see the Brexit fiasco being resolved?

I think you will find that nature is the most powerful entity on Earth (which should be spelt with a capital letter by the way).

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 17:23 - Oct 16 with 6558 viewsWeWereZombies

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 10:34 - Oct 16 by No9

Sorry to but in but often the technical press expose government waste & incompetence.
How else woul we know this government is handing out £ bns to overseas corporations

Do they do this in error or because they have a need to ensure some of the population is adequately informed?

I think you should be addressing that to caught-in-limbo, Stokie is making an ironic point.

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 17:25 - Oct 16 with 6556 viewsWeWereZombies

I think the Riddoch article makes a very valid point about the confused Labour attitude to Brexit.

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 19:15 - Oct 16 with 6534 viewsLeoMuff

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 11:29 - Oct 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Well Scotland and NI voted remain, not sure the consultation will count for much.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 19:25 - Oct 16 with 6527 viewsSpruceMoose

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 09:53 - Oct 16 by GlasgowBlue

Opened the thread, saw Zombie having another flounce about Brexit. Facters throws in the obligitory parody of thick racist leavers. Quelle surprise.

Closed the thread.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2017 9:54]

Opened the thread, saw Zombie having another flounce about Brexit. Facters throws in the obligitory parody of thick racist leavers. Glassers popped up to remind us how superior to everyone else he considers himself to be. Quelle surprise.

Closed the thread.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 19:33 - Oct 16 with 6516 viewsJ2BLUE

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 14:43 - Oct 16 by caught-in-limbo

You asked me exactly the same question about 3 or 4 months ago. Is I dug out my original posts from the weeks prior to the referendum last year.

It's just as easy for you to check.

Stick this in your favourite search engine:

caught-in-limbo brexit meaningful site:www.twtd.co.uk

Yes, you posted a vague list of things and said things like the city of London needs to lose a lot or it won't really have been a hard brexit which is just odd to me. Even the strongest Brexiters want the city to remain the European financial centre. You've just created your own list of things tailored to your end goal of denying any meaningful Brexit ever happened.

If you said things like we won't leave the single market etc that would be fair enough but you haven't.

Truly impaired.

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 19:35 - Oct 16 with 6513 viewsHerbivore

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 09:33 - Oct 16 by chicoazul

I'm a Remainer but i'll say this for Brexit, it seems to annoy all the right people.

And of course that's what's really important.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 19:38 - Oct 16 with 6506 viewsJ2BLUE

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 19:35 - Oct 16 by Herbivore

And of course that's what's really important.

Agreed.

Truly impaired.

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 20:30 - Oct 16 with 6474 viewsjaykay

'Every time you think [Brexit] can’t get any worse, it does.' on 19:25 - Oct 16 by SpruceMoose

Opened the thread, saw Zombie having another flounce about Brexit. Facters throws in the obligitory parody of thick racist leavers. Glassers popped up to remind us how superior to everyone else he considers himself to be. Quelle surprise.

Closed the thread.

he still got a up vote from his fan (stalker) who has never contributed anything to the forum.
i use the word stalker because i was a stalker for up arrowing someone who was debating with g.b

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024