Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes 00:21 - Nov 1 with 13374 viewsMaySixth

and the thing is, even though I have finally admitted to myself that Mick's time is up this season and despite always giving him the benefit of the doubt as we could have been in a worse place without him, is that Marcus Evans is 99% to blame for the complete apathy surrounding the club.

we are totally rudderless and led by a fella with no idea of football.

i have no faith whatsoever in him and his cronies, let alone his footballing connections (i.e Harry Redknapp) to appoint a half decent coach/manager anyway

it's that bad

that first half was utter utter garbage

we looked disinterested from the start and were lucky to go in one down

the defending for their second goal was laughably bad

£60 on petrol
£25 on a match ticket
and half a day off work

i heard the final result when crossing the Severn Bridge coming home

btw, even though i was there i don't know our subs list but no way can McGoldrick have been a sub on the basis of his half time "warm up" and I am a massive fan of Didz

finally, one of the main reasons i went is that i've never done Cardiff - I won't be rushing back.

Imagine MK Dons + Reading x Bolton for a completely soulless, plastic bowl
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 19:40]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 00:26 - Nov 1 with 8876 viewsCurrie10

Surely worth watching out the 90 considering your drive!?
I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 00:33 - Nov 1 with 8850 viewsTheBlueBarca

It's a sad time here right now, I am sorry to read this but agree 100% with your comments regarding Evans. I think it's in his interest to sell now, absorb the debt and the loss and move on. He cannot continue here any longer, whats the point? Whats he trying to achieve, the most popular man in Norwich award?

He's going to lose more money going forward than he's going to ever make running this club now, he's managed to duck a lot of the bile aimed at Mick so far, but lets be honest the budget the manager has to work with is laughable and our wage bill is one of the lowest in the top 3 divisions in England, what are we expecting to achieve? Its a miracle that we're not in the 3rd or 4th tier now with Evans at the helm.

What can we do about it? Many are staying home till Evans is out, but a bigger match-day protest would probably be a more visible way of dealing with it, invite national news and put his name and face in the spotlight which he would loathe, even if he doesn't sell it could force a change of direction if we work hard at it.

Remember when we stormed the pitch in 1994? We forced Lyall out, the Chairmanship was handed to Sheepshanks and Burley was appointed and we had out most successful spell post Robson. The naysayers want us to believe it cannot be done, but it can be because we did it before!
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 0:34]

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 00:40 - Nov 1 with 8826 viewsMaySixth

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 00:26 - Nov 1 by Currie10

Surely worth watching out the 90 considering your drive!?

Unfortunately after 30 years of watching ITFC I knew that second goal had knocked the stuffing out of us and couldn't see us reacting

Shouldn't be like that but it just is....

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 00:42 - Nov 1 with 8813 viewsjeera

Upped for making the effort.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 01:51 - Nov 1 with 8744 viewsStenvict

I too made the trip. Drove over 7 hours in total. Complete waste of time. When we scored, part of me thought we could actually snatch a draw here, the most undeserved point ever, then they just went up the other end and scored.

That performance was simply dreadful. It's quite ridiculous how many times over the last 18 months after a game I get asked by a friend or relative how the game was, and I've said it's the worst performance I've ever seen. They seem to be happening a lot.

I don't get how we can go from looking quite dangerous in the first few games to so poor now.

With regards to the stadium, it's soulless and there was absolutely no atmosphere tonight.

Poll: What will be announced first?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 01:53 - Nov 1 with 8741 viewsSwansea_Blue

I couldn't do that and I've sat through some crap in my time. For any sport I have to see it through to the end - even the kids school sports day 😂. I've often wished I could walk out, but I just can't. Must be a a touch of ocd or something.

Cool story and all that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 02:01 - Nov 1 with 8731 viewsjeera

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 01:53 - Nov 1 by Swansea_Blue

I couldn't do that and I've sat through some crap in my time. For any sport I have to see it through to the end - even the kids school sports day 😂. I've often wished I could walk out, but I just can't. Must be a a touch of ocd or something.

Cool story and all that.

" I've often wished I could walk out, but I just can't. Must be a touch of ocd or something. "

Plus they are your children mate.

Expectations and all that.

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 02:02 - Nov 1 with 8730 viewsjeera

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 01:51 - Nov 1 by Stenvict

I too made the trip. Drove over 7 hours in total. Complete waste of time. When we scored, part of me thought we could actually snatch a draw here, the most undeserved point ever, then they just went up the other end and scored.

That performance was simply dreadful. It's quite ridiculous how many times over the last 18 months after a game I get asked by a friend or relative how the game was, and I've said it's the worst performance I've ever seen. They seem to be happening a lot.

I don't get how we can go from looking quite dangerous in the first few games to so poor now.

With regards to the stadium, it's soulless and there was absolutely no atmosphere tonight.

Also upped for making the effort. Wouldn't be fair to discriminate.

Login to get fewer ads

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 02:59 - Nov 1 with 8670 viewsSwansea_Blue

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 02:01 - Nov 1 by jeera

" I've often wished I could walk out, but I just can't. Must be a touch of ocd or something. "

Plus they are your children mate.

Expectations and all that.

Ha! That was more aimed at some of the rubbish Towen have served up at times. But then again.....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 05:08 - Nov 1 with 8571 viewsCurrie10

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 01:53 - Nov 1 by Swansea_Blue

Cool story and all that.

I've only left a game early the once, my visit to Leicester boxing day 2-0 loss. Perhaps 07/08? Trying to figure out the year.

87 was on the clock and I decided to take my Arsenal supporting friend out of the ground who'd also had enough. We weren't going to turn it around that day. It was freezing cold and something about me felt wrong being at the footy boxing day. Wish I'd never gone to be honest!
I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 06:31 - Nov 1 with 8467 viewsTractorWood

Fair play for the effort, I never saw us even contending this game so gave it a wide berth.

Sorry to be churlish but weren't you praising MM for sweargate on Saturday? What triggered the change at this specific point at an obscure away game we were always going to struggle with?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 06:38 - Nov 1 with 8428 viewsBenters

blimey thats quick from Suffolk?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:03 - Nov 1 with 8345 viewsWestSussexBlue

I sympathise Mate, and it’s what grinds me a great deal when the arrogant side of MM is shown towards us fans who spend good money time and effort to watch Town and claims he doesn’t give a flying one what we think.
I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:09 - Nov 1 with 8312 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree with all of that, have an uppie

(And fair play for the effort!)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:14 - Nov 1 with 8292 viewsSwailsey

Can you elaborate on the McGoldrick point? Not sure I understand.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:17 - Nov 1 with 8279 viewsBadgerBajner

Fair play to all you guys who keep travelling away, particularly long midweek trips. If any supporters have a right to comment, it's you. When MM is snivelling about lack of thanks he gets, he should perhaps spare a thought for the sacrifice the core fans are making to watch the rubbish he is serving up.
I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:19 - Nov 1 with 8268 viewsManchesterblue

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 00:33 - Nov 1 by TheBlueBarca

It's a sad time here right now, I am sorry to read this but agree 100% with your comments regarding Evans. I think it's in his interest to sell now, absorb the debt and the loss and move on. He cannot continue here any longer, whats the point? Whats he trying to achieve, the most popular man in Norwich award?

He's going to lose more money going forward than he's going to ever make running this club now, he's managed to duck a lot of the bile aimed at Mick so far, but lets be honest the budget the manager has to work with is laughable and our wage bill is one of the lowest in the top 3 divisions in England, what are we expecting to achieve? Its a miracle that we're not in the 3rd or 4th tier now with Evans at the helm.

What can we do about it? Many are staying home till Evans is out, but a bigger match-day protest would probably be a more visible way of dealing with it, invite national news and put his name and face in the spotlight which he would loathe, even if he doesn't sell it could force a change of direction if we work hard at it.

Remember when we stormed the pitch in 1994? We forced Lyall out, the Chairmanship was handed to Sheepshanks and Burley was appointed and we had out most successful spell post Robson. The naysayers want us to believe it cannot be done, but it can be because we did it before!

You are aware that he puts 6 Mil minimum in a year, we are lucky to have him and Mick is the best Manager in the division , we're so very lucky, Town fans won't protest, we sit on our hands and only come out to applaud at the AGM

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:23 - Nov 1 with 8243 viewsnoggin

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:19 - Nov 1 by Manchesterblue

You are aware that he puts 6 Mil minimum in a year, we are lucky to have him and Mick is the best Manager in the division , we're so very lucky, Town fans won't protest, we sit on our hands and only come out to applaud at the AGM

Point of order: He's the best manager in the world.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:28 - Nov 1 with 8197 viewsBenters

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:23 - Nov 1 by noggin

Point of order: He's the best manager in the world.

Gentlybentley

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:29 - Nov 1 with 8183 viewsBenters

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:19 - Nov 1 by Manchesterblue

Smashing.

Gentlybentley

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:29 - Nov 1 with 8188 viewshowdonblue

Hear hear

I could not have worded it better myself!

MCARTHY OUT
EVANS AND BOARD OUT
ACADEMY STAFF IN
I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:44 - Nov 1 with 8117 viewsWubbleU

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 00:33 - Nov 1 by TheBlueBarca

Just to add to your point, Evans needs to feel the wrath of the fans just as much as Mick clearly did on Saturday.
His name is also his corporate brand and some real personal verbal abuse at the televised Sheff W game might really start to focus his mind a little. Not just cos personal abuse is unpleasant to receive but also in his business your most loyal set of customers shouting 'Marcus Evans you're a ****' is not a great advert on national TV.
North Stand should use Saturday as a warm up and then really go after him against Sheff W.
All the stuff Newcastle have used against their owner should be fired at Evans cos he really is a **** and he should get out of our club.
I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:57 - Nov 1 with 8049 viewsfergalsharkey

Small difference, the club backed burley.
Whoever is in charge here we will not perform due to the lack of ambition from the top.

Poll: Cook out?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 08:05 - Nov 1 with 8003 viewsBrixtonBlue

While I agree with most of your sentiment (personally I think leaving on 47 is a little early, but I wasn't there and don't know how you were feeling) but have you got any evidence ME is a crooked businessman?

He's a terrible football chairman for sure, and he should sell up or start investing enough to at least give us a fighting chance, but I haven't seen any proof he is crooked, and he certainly hasn't been arrested/charged with anything.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 08:13 - Nov 1 with 7956 viewsitfcjoe

I drove three hours to Cardiff last night and left the game after 47 minutes on 07:44 - Nov 1 by WubbleU

Just to add to your point, Evans needs to feel the wrath of the fans just as much as Mick clearly did on Saturday.
His name is also his corporate brand and some real personal verbal abuse at the televised Sheff W game might really start to focus his mind a little. Not just cos personal abuse is unpleasant to receive but also in his business your most loyal set of customers shouting 'Marcus Evans you're a ****' is not a great advert on national TV.
North Stand should use Saturday as a warm up and then really go after him against Sheff W.
All the stuff Newcastle have used against their owner should be fired at Evans cos he really is a **** and he should get out of our club.

What makes him a ****? The fact he won't put in as much money as you'd like?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024