Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... 10:20 - Nov 5 with 8068 viewsCurrie10

Than we did vs Preston.

I actually cannot believe how bad our gates have become!

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 10:26 - Nov 5 with 7436 viewsBluebell

Perhaps we need to paint the gates like we did the turnstiles.

Here is a big gate.....

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 10:31 - Nov 5 with 7424 viewsGeoffSentence

I would imagine that the nodgers took a few more up to Bolton than Preston brought down here.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 10:31 - Nov 5 with 7423 viewsbournemouthblue

Surely that's because Nodge brought a gazillion away fans

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 11:27 - Nov 5 with 7317 viewsTractorWood

The season ticket fiasco has had a huge impact. It alienated a decent section of regular fans who don't want to pay £25 a go. Trains are a complete shambles too. There is no train that gets you back to Cambridge on a Tuesday night. Ridiculous.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 11:29 - Nov 5 with 7307 viewsPJH

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 11:27 - Nov 5 by TractorWood

The season ticket fiasco has had a huge impact. It alienated a decent section of regular fans who don't want to pay £25 a go. Trains are a complete shambles too. There is no train that gets you back to Cambridge on a Tuesday night. Ridiculous.

Now that is very bad if a train leaves Ipswich on a Saturday and is still not back in Cambridge on a Tuesday night.
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 14:23 - Nov 5 with 7131 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It's painful that us london/Romford/Stratford based fans are back on c**ting bus replacements again

That really doesn't help for attendances

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 14:32 - Nov 5 with 7110 viewstextbackup

but cars still work on a Tuesday night?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 14:45 - Nov 5 with 7091 viewshtb

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 14:32 - Nov 5 by textbackup

One reason and one reason only my three kids and I no longer go is we were bored to death with negative Mick’s football. Once he is gone we will come back.
Login to get fewer ads

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 15:07 - Nov 5 with 7049 viewsrgp1

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 14:45 - Nov 5 by htb

One reason and one reason only my three kids and I no longer go is we were bored to death with negative Mick’s football. Once he is gone we will come back.

It's a general malaise at the club from the managers foul mouth to the moss covered roof of the SBR stand. Everything just puts people off because nothing ever changes, including most of the local media, who dare not to say anything negative about the club cos they don't want to lose there freebies.
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 15:13 - Nov 5 with 7024 viewsTractorWood

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 14:32 - Nov 5 by textbackup

Have missed a game on a Tuesday night due to a car breakdown. So not always is the answer.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 15:14]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 16:56 - Nov 5 with 6923 viewsRegencyBlue

I'm pretty sure I heard Milne say on Lifes a Pitch yesterday that our crowds are not down on last season!

Assuming I heard correctly I'm not sure who he is trying to kid but the vast swathes of empty seats, other than against Norwich, would suggest otherwise.
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 17:12 - Nov 5 with 6894 viewsjas0999

Why not?

Good win yesterday and we played some decent stuff in spells second half. BUT the first half was a bore fest saved only by the well taken free kick. I wouldn’t pay thirty quid to watch that if I wasn’t a season ticket holder. Bolton and Brentford wasn’t much better.
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 17:38 - Nov 5 with 6841 viewstcblue

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 17:12 - Nov 5 by jas0999

Why not?

Good win yesterday and we played some decent stuff in spells second half. BUT the first half was a bore fest saved only by the well taken free kick. I wouldn’t pay thirty quid to watch that if I wasn’t a season ticket holder. Bolton and Brentford wasn’t much better.

This is it, in a nutshell. Why would anyone other than us nutcases want to watch us? Mick can bang on about 'results' all he wants, but if we're not serving up some entertainment, nor even just an atmospheric experience, we won't get crowds.

We've forgotten what football is about, really. I have to hold Mick accountable for the style of play, and that's why I do finally think it's time for him to go.
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 19:50 - Nov 5 with 6704 viewsPilgrimblue

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 17:38 - Nov 5 by tcblue

This is it, in a nutshell. Why would anyone other than us nutcases want to watch us? Mick can bang on about 'results' all he wants, but if we're not serving up some entertainment, nor even just an atmospheric experience, we won't get crowds.

We've forgotten what football is about, really. I have to hold Mick accountable for the style of play, and that's why I do finally think it's time for him to go.

Mick has definitely pi$$ed too many off. His style is reliant of strong defence and long balls to his attackers which is why it works against weaker teams.
Also I think Town are reliant on fans travelling longer distances than other clubs and so they've decided it isn't worth the time and cost. Yesterday I sat next to two guys from Boston which would be equivalent to fans going from Hull to Bolton!
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 21:46 - Nov 5 with 6639 viewsCurrie10

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 10:31 - Nov 5 by GeoffSentence

I would imagine that the nodgers took a few more up to Bolton than Preston brought down here.

Be interested what nodge took to Bolton.

When I went there for the 0-0 and we could have gone top, we took 900. Think early kick off though...
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 22:03 - Nov 5 with 6614 viewsCurrie10

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 16:56 - Nov 5 by RegencyBlue

I'm pretty sure I heard Milne say on Lifes a Pitch yesterday that our crowds are not down on last season!

Assuming I heard correctly I'm not sure who he is trying to kid but the vast swathes of empty seats, other than against Norwich, would suggest otherwise.

For Nodge we had an increase of pay for single tickets than last year which is encouraging.

Other games ie PNE and Bolton in particular, we certainly have not!
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 01:04 - Nov 6 with 6541 viewsSuperTommySmith

it's great, don't have to queue to get in
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 03:03 - Nov 6 with 6515 viewsharlingblue

We won Norwich lost! There, some positive spin for a change.
Our attendances are low at the moment due to a couple of turgid years of pretty dour football and some less than helpful changes to ticketing prices for this season.
Our squad this year is far stronger, but has been dogged by a horrendous list of injuries, but it has seen the enforced emergence of some promising youngsters, that bodes well for the future.
I have been an Ipswich Town supporter all my life, a season ticket holder for many a year, have enjoyed the magic moments/years and also endured more forgettable, so no rose tinted glasses are worn here when I say we might at last be on our way back, and hopefully with it a return of some of our friends and fans to again support the cause?
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 03:08 - Nov 6 with 6514 viewsCurrie10

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 03:03 - Nov 6 by harlingblue

We won Norwich lost! There, some positive spin for a change.
Our attendances are low at the moment due to a couple of turgid years of pretty dour football and some less than helpful changes to ticketing prices for this season.
Our squad this year is far stronger, but has been dogged by a horrendous list of injuries, but it has seen the enforced emergence of some promising youngsters, that bodes well for the future.
I have been an Ipswich Town supporter all my life, a season ticket holder for many a year, have enjoyed the magic moments/years and also endured more forgettable, so no rose tinted glasses are worn here when I say we might at last be on our way back, and hopefully with it a return of some of our friends and fans to again support the cause?

Oh I'm very positive regarding the footy! think Mick's doing a great job, do not understand the issue many have at this particular moment in time.

Just if they continue to be so low, it will have a major impact on us under FFP times.

As has been noted with many, Milne / the club seem to be making noises regarding season ticket pricing being wrong. However, actions speak louder than words so we'll see what they do next year on this.

On that subject, I swear we should put ours on sale a hell of a lot earlier. Other clubs do in Feb / March and I'm sure it does nothing to lower sale totals having a longer purchase window open.....
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 05:28 - Nov 6 with 6474 viewsBenters

They are lower.

Last season we had two 14k gates throughout the whole season.

This season we have had three 14k gates already.

Comparing two games Norwich this season 1578 more turned up this season.

Preston this season 906 fewer people didnt bother.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 05:29 - Nov 6 with 6473 viewsBenters

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 16:56 - Nov 5 by RegencyBlue

Yeah i wouldnt take a lot of notice of that bloke.

Gentlybentley

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 07:01 - Nov 6 with 6441 viewsBenters

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 10:26 - Nov 5 by Bluebell

Perhaps we need to paint the gates like we did the turnstiles.

Here is a big gate.....

Nice those and the hedge isnt bad although i could shape it better.

Gentlybentley

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 22:17 - Nov 6 with 6214 viewsCurrie10

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 07:01 - Nov 6 by Benters

Nice those and the hedge isnt bad although i could shape it better.

Looks a fantastic gate to me that.

Forest are getting 24k a game at present. #BONKERS
Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 09:27 - Nov 7 with 6111 viewsDeano69

I cant have been the only one sitting there in the cold first half Saturday thinking 'what the hell am i doing here?'. The result just about made up for it in the end I guess.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bolton got a bigger gate vs Norwich.... on 11:45 - Nov 7 with 6066 viewsbraveblue

It happens when fans are chased away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024