Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh 22:06 - Nov 5 with 6750 viewsLord_Lucan

ow sort of thing.

Being an absolute heathen I'm clueless. I think I'd like to see Cabaret but is that on? Is Liz Min still on the circuit?

Money not much of an issue - although I don't want to spend hundreds but I don't know what these things cost.

Can you get tickets for decent shows for £100ea?
Any recommendations ?

[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 22:12]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:20 - Nov 5 with 6689 viewsfactual_blue

Stalls for most things will be £100-£150.

Personally if you're looking for a musical, I'd suggest a Rogers & Hammerstein or Cole Porter one.

Avoid the Mamma Mia or We WIll Rock You stuff.

Les Miserables isn't too bad.

Best Musical we've seen - Oklahoma! with Hugh Jackman, but that was about twenty years ago.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:30 - Nov 5 with 6651 viewsBLUEBEAT

Can’t go wrong with Mousetrap.

If neither of you know the outcome.

Legendary record-breaking continual show in the West End since the early 50s.

EDIT- this is a who-done-it, not a w@nky musical.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2017 22:33]

Poll: W or W

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:32 - Nov 5 with 6639 viewsFtnfwest

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:20 - Nov 5 by factual_blue

Personally if you're looking for a musical, I'd suggest a Rogers & Hammerstein or Cole Porter one.

Best Musical we've seen - Oklahoma! with Hugh Jackman, but that was about twenty years ago.

42nd street, on at theatre royal I think
Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:33 - Nov 5 with 6642 viewsclive_baker

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:20 - Nov 5 by factual_blue

Nah balls, don’t need to pay that much. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than 80 sheets for a show and that’s good seats on a Saturday. Cheaper in the week.

Lion King is class. Book of Mormon is hilarious but not for the faint hearted. Wicked is good too. There’s loads of great shows.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:35 - Nov 5 with 6629 viewsDyland

If you can handle a bit of Shakespeare the NYT's Othello at the Ambassadors is very good, and reasonably priced.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:43 - Nov 5 with 6615 viewsLord_Lucan

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:30 - Nov 5 by BLUEBEAT

Thanks to everyone but I like your suggestion BB, plus as a Modish man I reckon I trust your ting.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:48 - Nov 5 with 6605 viewsSWGF

Can't beat Les Mis for a standard West End show. Really enjoyed Mathilda but that could be more of a kids one. If you're willing to wait until the summer, I'd recommend The Globe for whatever they put on.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:49 - Nov 5 with 6604 viewsdavblue

I’ve heard the Book of Mormon is very good. Been meaning to catch it but haven’t sorted it yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 23:02 - Nov 5 with 6585 viewsjeera

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:30 - Nov 5 by BLUEBEAT

I liked the bit where the old boy jumps into the pool.

That gets things going.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 02:56 - Nov 6 with 6469 viewsJakeITFC

I went to see the Book of Mormon on Broadway on Friday night, one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

You’ll love it.
Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 6289 viewsblue_oyster

Have you seen The Mousetrap?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 11:24 - Nov 6 with 6229 viewsWeWereZombies

You really have mis-remembered that opening line of the MC5's 'Kick Out The Jams', haven't you?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 11:26 - Nov 6 with 6218 viewshampstead_blue

have you considered the Soho Theatre? Grab a couple of comedy shows instead.

Better value and variety. They also serve Adnams at the bar.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 11:29 - Nov 6 with 6209 viewsHerbivore

I'm not into shows but I saw Cabaret years ago and it was really good, I'd say it's a fairly safe bet.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 11:37 - Nov 6 with 6196 viewsbritbiker

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 22:48 - Nov 5 by SWGF

Can't beat Les Mis for a standard West End show. Really enjoyed Mathilda but that could be more of a kids one. If you're willing to wait until the summer, I'd recommend The Globe for whatever they put on.

Been to many musicals over the years as I'm a bit of a thespian (despite my leanings for motorbikes and heavy metal). Les mis and miss siagon are very powerful shows. With excellent songs. The wife has just been to see 42nd Street and said it was brilliant (bit dancier). For those with a sense of humour monty Pythons spamalot and book of Mormon are great although the former may be travelling the country at the moment.
The wife had a meal in London before the show which was based on fawlty towers. The meal is served by three actors, basil fawlty, Manuel and sybil. It's full on participation meal. She said she didn't stop laughing all meal which is not bad as I didn't think she would get the gags.
Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 11:43 - Nov 6 with 6184 viewsLord_Lucan

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 11:24 - Nov 6 by WeWereZombies

You really have mis-remembered that opening line of the MC5's 'Kick Out The Jams', haven't you?

MC5 - The first punk band.

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 12:59 - Nov 6 with 6118 viewschicoazul

Book of Mormon is the funniest thing ever made.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 13:41 - Nov 6 with 6067 viewsWeWereZombies

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 11:43 - Nov 6 by Lord_Lucan

MC5 - The first punk band.

Although I think this predates the MC5 by a year or so, I did have a listen to The Standells 'Dirty Water' before I posted this but The Stranglers cover another Sky Saxon song so I'll bow to the Guildford lot's judgement - both sound a bit lie The Yardbirds at their earthiest.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 14:14 - Nov 6 with 6023 viewsBLUEBEAT

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 13:41 - Nov 6 by WeWereZombies

Although I think this predates the MC5 by a year or so, I did have a listen to The Standells 'Dirty Water' before I posted this but The Stranglers cover another Sky Saxon song so I'll bow to the Guildford lot's judgement - both sound a bit lie The Yardbirds at their earthiest.

But these white US garage-punk outfits were copying white Brit kids copying black US R&B/soul artists.

So I’d argue the mid-60s Brit band boom contained the first punk bands. Early Yardbirds is a good shout but also the lesser known names are pretty demented (The Craig, Downliners Sect, Primitives, Syndicats for starters).

Poll: W or W

Alright Motherfeckers. Thought I might treat the future ex wife to a west end sh on 15:17 - Nov 6 with 5983 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lion King was quite good when I saw it a few years back

According to the back poster on the 252 buses round here, that's still going strong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024