Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what happened to old Benters then......? 21:40 - Dec 3 with 73054 viewsBloots

.....banned?

Walked?

Head fell off?

Got in a Taxi?

Fell down the Toilet?

Gone to Derby?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:50 - Dec 4 with 3217 viewsThe_Great_Cornholio

Bunghole.

I need TP, TP for my bunghole.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:51 - Dec 4 with 3213 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:46 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

He admits he left school at 14 and went into the building trade.

Perhaps he’s not as intelligent as a lot of people on here!

I started on the markets at 12.

And I have spent my life trying to make up for my lack of education ever since.

I hate being ill-informed, uneducated and ignorant.

And I will continue to try to right that until I die.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:55 - Dec 4 with 3192 viewswitchdoctor

on 08:32 - Dec 4 by _

but fartual can take the p*ss out off the poor missing airman for example and get away scot free...typical twtd hypocrisy
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:55 - Dec 4 with 3196 viewsbluewein

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:24 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

Perhaps he was p1ssed off with one persons bordering on psychopathic bullying obsession with him?

Benter's spoke his mind sometimes it was wide of the mark, but that is how conversations are created, without it people just nod, supposedly knowingly.

It's almost like you forgot the way Benters and Taxers followed Rommy around this board like a couple of inappropriate pervy weirdos.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:58 - Dec 4 with 3169 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:55 - Dec 4 by witchdoctor

but fartual can take the p*ss out off the poor missing airman for example and get away scot free...typical twtd hypocrisy

For balance Witchers, you would have to also mention the down-side of posts from the likes of Bentley and Taxi.

Otherwise you come across as the very person you are criticising.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:03 - Dec 4 with 3144 viewspeterleeblue

So General consensus then?
Not particularly well liked but provided some entertainment value.
I think he revelled in his baby boomer image, bit of a Nimby and an "I'm all right Jack" sort of character.
Or perhaps I've read it completely wrong.

I've always took the view that when using social media don't post what you wouldn't be prepared to say in person
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:07 - Dec 4 with 3120 viewsBrettenhamBlue

he'll be back, just in another form.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:08 - Dec 4 with 3116 viewswitchdoctor

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:58 - Dec 4 by jeera

For balance Witchers, you would have to also mention the down-side of posts from the likes of Bentley and Taxi.

Otherwise you come across as the very person you are criticising.

yep they went over the top on occasions....but the post I refer too is far and away the most offensive thing I’ve seen on here...
Login to get fewer ads

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:08 - Dec 4 with 3116 viewsimsureazzure

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:30 - Dec 4 by jeera

You're certainly keen to make excuses for him and his views.

They are not excuses, just hate to see bullying and that is what it is.

The continued bullying and calling out was allowed and endorsed, terrible traits.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:10 - Dec 4 with 3114 viewshype313

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:03 - Dec 4 by peterleeblue

I think he revelled in his baby boomer image, bit of a Nimby and an "I'm all right Jack" sort of character.

I've always took the view that when using social media don't post what you wouldn't be prepared to say in person

Racist? Tick
Homophobic? Tick
Islamophobic? Tick
Bigot? Tick
National front fanboy? Tick
The most negative ITFC fan I have ever come across? Tick

What's not to like!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:11 - Dec 4 with 3103 viewsimsureazzure

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:55 - Dec 4 by bluewein

It's almost like you forgot the way Benters and Taxers followed Rommy around this board like a couple of inappropriate pervy weirdos.

I didn't see it because I am not obsessed, if he did then it was wrong, but the bullies are circling and flocking around this thread to add their insults and cowardly jibes.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:13 - Dec 4 with 3087 viewsfactual_blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:51 - Dec 4 by jeera

I started on the markets at 12.

And I have spent my life trying to make up for my lack of education ever since.

I hate being ill-informed, uneducated and ignorant.

And I will continue to try to right that until I die.

You seem to have done a pretty good job of that so far.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:15 - Dec 4 with 3077 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:08 - Dec 4 by witchdoctor

yep they went over the top on occasions....but the post I refer too is far and away the most offensive thing I’ve seen on here...

I've seen Bentley make off the cuff remarks about people drowning.

Apparently it's ok if they're brown. I don't like to hear or read that in any way, shape, or form.

I have disagreed with people I 'like' on here, including Facters and Badger.

Your point would carry more weight if you had done the same publicly when it comes down to the nasty stuff the aforementioned have posted.

Maybe they're your mates, or maybe you are afraid of them. I don't know.

But if you're going to openly criticise, make it balanced and fair. Or your views aren't valid.

I've always liked you - you can be funny. And your comment of putting my drowned car into rice to dry it out will always be one of favourite comments I've taken from this site.

But I make you wrong on this.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:16 - Dec 4 with 3080 viewsartsbossbeard

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:03 - Dec 4 by peterleeblue

I've met him a couple of times and he's decent company although he pulled me up over saying that he comes over different in real life versus on here.

Shared a few PM's with him and argued a fair bit with him - we were very much from the opposite side of the spectrum on a number of issues but he was a good gauge on most matters. If he disliked something (football/politics), then rest assured, I'd be the polar opposite.

He'll be back.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:16 - Dec 4 with 3071 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:08 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

They are not excuses, just hate to see bullying and that is what it is.

The continued bullying and calling out was allowed and endorsed, terrible traits.

Yes. I agree.

But as I was saying, for it to be fair you have to call it both ways bud.

Or it just doesn't count.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:25 - Dec 4 with 3037 viewstcblue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:07 - Dec 4 by BrettenhamBlue

he'll be back, just in another form.

I wonder what his final form is
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:30 - Dec 4 with 3025 viewsimsureazzure

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:16 - Dec 4 by jeera

Yes. I agree.

But as I was saying, for it to be fair you have to call it both ways bud.

Or it just doesn't count.

To make it clear I disagree with a great deal that Benter's posted, moreover the way it was communicated.

To cheaply call him a racist bigot buthole, et al is not the way to encourage debate.

Without different opinions there is no meaningful conversation and how can one be persuaded that their argument is wrong if they are no longer here to communicate with?
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:30 - Dec 4 with 3027 viewscaught-in-limbo

Crikey, it's like reading the comments section on an obituary page in the Daily Mail following the death of right-wing hate figure.

Fortunately, Benters has almost certainly not passed away, and anyone who dedicates the time to this place that he does is unlikely to vanish in an instant for ever.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:33 - Dec 4 with 3010 viewsPhilTWTD

He asked to be deleted.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:33 - Dec 4 with 3000 viewscaught-in-limbo

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 08:41 - Dec 4 by Bluebell

I won’t reply to everyone who has criticised my post.

I don’t agree with a lot of what Benters says but as they say....

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one but they are all different.

"Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one but they are all different."

And it seems that there are lots of people who get very passionate about certain minority arseholes.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:40 - Dec 4 with 2965 viewsAxeldalai_lama

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:30 - Dec 4 by imsureazzure

To make it clear I disagree with a great deal that Benter's posted, moreover the way it was communicated.

To cheaply call him a racist bigot buthole, et al is not the way to encourage debate.

Without different opinions there is no meaningful conversation and how can one be persuaded that their argument is wrong if they are no longer here to communicate with?

"not the way to encourage debate"
I'm guessing you're not talking about Benters himself debating.
I don't recall him ever having a debate on here.
If he liked something he'd say "this", if he didn't he'd say "balls", or he'd make a confrontational statement or two then burger off. People have told him what was wrong with his blanket statements and never once that I recall did he do anything other than stick to his guns.
So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:40 - Dec 4 with 2974 viewsJoeSoap

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 23:11 - Dec 3 by jeera

Dunno about that, but Keno was logged on early this morning but didn't post.

Not seen him for ages.

Keno's alright, he's a bit busy and just taken a break from the forum for a while.
I'm meeting up with him in the new year, I'll let him know how much he's missed by everyone.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:41 - Dec 4 with 2958 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:30 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

Crikey, it's like reading the comments section on an obituary page in the Daily Mail following the death of right-wing hate figure.

Fortunately, Benters has almost certainly not passed away, and anyone who dedicates the time to this place that he does is unlikely to vanish in an instant for ever.

What?

You don't think you'd get the same air-time if you were to disappear?

I shan't flatter myself. No one would notice unless there was space missing having a go at J2 or Rommers on some cooking thread.

E.Clacton received his rightful send-off of course, but we hope he will reappear.

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:43 - Dec 4 with 2950 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:33 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

He asked to be deleted.

Seems strange for him to just randomly ask to be deleted. He hasn't had any arguments recently as far as I saw. Especially for someone who posted daily on her.

Since Taxi and Cruncher were kicked, I felt I got on alright with Benters and often chatted during the early hours. As much as some of his views I disagreed with, I'm suprised with myself in that I genuinely hope he returns. He's alright when not with his mates.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:44 - Dec 4 with 2941 viewsjeera

So what happened to old Benters then......? on 09:43 - Dec 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Seems strange for him to just randomly ask to be deleted. He hasn't had any arguments recently as far as I saw. Especially for someone who posted daily on her.

Since Taxi and Cruncher were kicked, I felt I got on alright with Benters and often chatted during the early hours. As much as some of his views I disagreed with, I'm suprised with myself in that I genuinely hope he returns. He's alright when not with his mates.

It's not complicated mate.

He has seen the attention that deleted posters get and wanted a bite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024