Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... 08:31 - Jan 4 with 16511 viewswitchdoctor

with all the talk of another ....shudder... extention to his contract, who would be happy for M M to still be in charge at the start of next season?
Why don't you think it..... on 15:20 - Jan 4 with 1633 viewsPhilTWTD

Why don't you think it..... on 15:08 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Roy Keane was an absolute toaster wasn’t he? You’ve spoken to him Phil, is he as big a knobhead as he came across?

He was generally pretty polite and respectful to us media types, to be honest, and there was a bit of banter without there being much if a relationship between any of us and him as such. I doubt he knew my name or that of any of the other regulars. There was the odd outburst but that was rare.
Why don't you think it..... on 15:21 - Jan 4 with 1630 viewsITFC_Forever

Why don't you think it..... on 15:20 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

He was generally pretty polite and respectful to us media types, to be honest, and there was a bit of banter without there being much if a relationship between any of us and him as such. I doubt he knew my name or that of any of the other regulars. There was the odd outburst but that was rare.

That'll learn you to leave your mobile on....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Indeed on 15:22 - Jan 4 with 1626 viewsDyland

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 08:52 - Jan 4 by hype313

I don't trust Milne or Evans to make the right appointment, I'm no Mick fan, but who will come in and massively improve us given the financial restraints he will have to work with?

We'll end up with something much, much worse. Megson, anyone?

But fook it, we are stagnating, and unless Evans goes mad and throws money at someone, or our absurd injury crisis magically resolves itself, a change and a plummet into the third tier would be good for a laugh right?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why don't you think it..... on 15:23 - Jan 4 with 1624 viewsPhilTWTD

Why don't you think it..... on 15:21 - Jan 4 by ITFC_Forever

That'll learn you to leave your mobile on....

Fortunately it wasn't mine!
Why don't you think it..... on 15:23 - Jan 4 with 1624 viewsBluefish

Why don't you think it..... on 15:20 - Jan 4 by PhilTWTD

What was it that made you fall in love with him?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 15:25 - Jan 4 with 1617 viewsBrixtonBlue

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 10:41 - Jan 4 by chicoazul

But would you care if he *wasnt* there next season? I feel the same way, I could care less now about Mick, but if someone else exciting came in then you bet my interest would perk up.

"I could care less".

So a bit of you does still care then?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 15:26 - Jan 4 with 1616 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 15:16 - Jan 4 by The_Romford_Blue

To finish 10th - 12/1
New deal offered - 4/7
New deal declined - 8/13
Megson new manager - 9/1
Worse next season - 4/6
Relegation in two seasons time - 15/2

#believe.........150/1

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 1613 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 15:26 - Jan 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

#believe.........150/1

Me to see ya play in league 1 before the premiership in my lifetime - 2/7

How bleak is that?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 00:59 - Jan 5 with 1571 viewsMach_foreignBlue

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:32 - Jan 4 by Bluefish

That Is my point. I'm not actually fussed on whether Mick is here next season but I am worried on the precedent that we will be setting for expectations from the fans.

It is acceptable to want a change in the summer but it isn't acceptable for the constant hatred towards Mick because we lose some games and because we can't dominate this league. No one is going to come and in and match the expectation levels of some fans and we are left with a situation where the next chap will be booed within a year. This could get far more toxic because they demand the premier league and we are miles away from it in resources.

'it isn't acceptable for the constant hatred towards Mick'.

Show me a manager in the four league that treats his club fans in such derogatory way McCarthy does. Before you tell me that number of our fans haven't been nice to him either I need to mention that he's been like that for a while. The comments like: 'the more calls for changes the less likely they will get it' had started long before the real 'hatred' towards him began.
And number the snipes at fans in his interviews.

He hates when people question his decisions. Simple. We can't criticise what he does.

I had been his staunch fan for long. Defended him when others did otherwise. I remember the game against Wolves towards the end of 15/16 where allegedly one of our fans shouted towards him: 'F**k off to Villa'. It was appalling and I was really annoyed with that.
But he doesn't help himself with his self-obsessed attitude. No-one is bigger than the club and I can't wait for him to go. Not only for his attitude just for his matches' approach. Why do I have to sit and clap our attempts to stop opposition playing for example? Why do I have to tolerate his approach?

I'm aware that the next manager won't do better with such horrible owner we have. I'm aware that the club will eventually land in League One rather sooner than later too. The main problem is in Evans' policy. But McCarthy has his own faults and for some (me included) the 'relationship' is beyond repair.

The next chap will be booed within a year indeed if he behaves like McCarthy does. Otherwise it would be stupid to boo him as we're a sinking ship under Evans.
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 01:07 - Jan 5 with 1569 viewsMach_foreignBlue

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 09:36 - Jan 4 by Bluefish

A perfectly acceptable way to put it. Mick should leave with our thanks and be welcome back anytime. Madness for BFJ to be held in higher esteem
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 9:37]

Madness for BFJ to be held differently? He did a magnificent job for the club and was actually more 'entitled' than McCarthy to snipe at our fans for the treatment he had been receiving from some morons. Some percent of our fanbase never accepted him due to his Norwich connections and kept bleating about it.

He could have been unpleasant towards us for some factors but he kept focused on his job. Ever since he's left us he speaks warmly about ITFC.

McCarthy is different therefore large number of people won't remember him fondly.
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 01:26 - Jan 5 with 1565 viewsMach_foreignBlue

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 14:11 - Jan 4 by BlueBadger

I fear that you are depressingly spot on with this assessment.

What a transformation from you !!!!! Dear me !!!! You FEAR that J2Blue is DEPRESSINGLY SPOT ON with his assessment in which he said:

1. MM has not been backed with cash. He has truly earned MM's trust and still hasn't been backed.
2. The new manager will be someone out of work, who is happy to take a job with minimal resources and having their best players sold without reinvestment. I fear that this time next year we'll be bottom 8 and looking back on MM's reign with much warmer feeling.

You FEAR (!!!) that he is spot on. Not so long ago you would look after Evans' cash as if it was your own one and keep mocking those who wanted an investment from him. SPEND DAAA MAAAANEY !!!!! SPEND ALL THA MAAAANEY !!!!!! TWTD Derby fan club etc etc. !!!!!
Shouts like that from you were visible here when some of us were voicing our displeasure at signing the garbage like Josh Yorwerth, Giles Coke or others..... You thought that handing Coke 2 yrs deal was a better thing that spend money on transfer fees.
Some of us wanted re-investment of Mings' money but you kept sniping at those who 'demanded' Evans to sign quality players.

Not going to stir anything by posting this. Just merely asking if you have finally comprehend that some kind of spending is required to move the club forward? If yes what a change from you !!!!!!!!!!
ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 04:46 - Jan 5 with 1539 viewsBenters2

ok....just so we can establish who’s who ....... on 01:26 - Jan 5 by Mach_foreignBlue

What a transformation from you !!!!! Dear me !!!! You FEAR that J2Blue is DEPRESSINGLY SPOT ON with his assessment in which he said:

1. MM has not been backed with cash. He has truly earned MM's trust and still hasn't been backed.
2. The new manager will be someone out of work, who is happy to take a job with minimal resources and having their best players sold without reinvestment. I fear that this time next year we'll be bottom 8 and looking back on MM's reign with much warmer feeling.

You FEAR (!!!) that he is spot on. Not so long ago you would look after Evans' cash as if it was your own one and keep mocking those who wanted an investment from him. SPEND DAAA MAAAANEY !!!!! SPEND ALL THA MAAAANEY !!!!!! TWTD Derby fan club etc etc. !!!!!
Shouts like that from you were visible here when some of us were voicing our displeasure at signing the garbage like Josh Yorwerth, Giles Coke or others..... You thought that handing Coke 2 yrs deal was a better thing that spend money on transfer fees.
Some of us wanted re-investment of Mings' money but you kept sniping at those who 'demanded' Evans to sign quality players.

Not going to stir anything by posting this. Just merely asking if you have finally comprehend that some kind of spending is required to move the club forward? If yes what a change from you !!!!!!!!!!

Long way to go but Derby are doing alright now.

Even when they werent they were still getting gates of 30k+

Sadly we have a owner who just sticks enough in to keep the club running,and sadly we lack ambition.

Fk im low.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024