Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to see no-one overreacting... 13:41 - Jan 6 with 7008 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

...to the news that a backup centre half may be sold

Oh

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:43 - Jan 6 with 4571 viewsJ2BLUE

Our transfer window needs to be judged overall and when it has closed. With that said, I have zero confidence in ME. I suspect we'll lose a contracted player and replace him with Goldson on loan.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 17:11]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:45 - Jan 6 with 4548 viewsTractorWood

Probably an overreaction agreed. Decent, experienced backup pushing for a place if he's 100%. He's been derailed for the past 18 months or so by injury and probably wants a fresh start. I think most outdoorsy people would jump at the chance to move to Colorado.

Good servant. Great lad. Good luck to him. Could do with a few more bodies though, couldn't we? Squad's looking a bit threadbare.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 13:46]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:45 - Jan 6 with 4546 viewsCoco

People do overact because of the timing and lack of long term replacements. Its ok to disapprove of things that happen at the club.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:46 - Jan 6 with 4535 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Yes a back up centre half, but considering we only have 3 of them and one of them is injured I think we can slightly overreact

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:47 - Jan 6 with 4530 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:43 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

Our transfer window needs to be judged overall and when it has closed. With that said, I have zero confidence in ME. I suspect we'll lose a contracted player and replace him with Goldson on loan.

Agree fully on the last point - the past few days have seen some posters melting down spectacularly at what are just rumours currently, and 6 whole days into the month to boot

Re replacing Smith with Goldson, I’d go against the grain slightly and suggest that isn’t actually the worst move, if Mick is indeed off in the Summer and assuming we then look to rebuild the side

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:50 - Jan 6 with 4502 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:45 - Jan 6 by Coco

People do overact because of the timing and lack of long term replacements. Its ok to disapprove of things that happen at the club.

Of course it is, I’m just not convinced selling Tommy Smith would be the death of the club

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:50 - Jan 6 with 4499 viewsGavTWTD

If we lose Smith then we'd get in Goldson and one other I'd be sure. But yes the time to judge is when the window is shut, and no players have actually gone yet.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:50 - Jan 6 with 4495 viewsLeoMuff

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:45 - Jan 6 by Coco

Maybe we should wait until we have the full picture ? before pressing the big red soggy button marked PANIC BLUB.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:55 - Jan 6 with 4444 viewsCoco

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:50 - Jan 6 by LeoMuff

Maybe we should wait until we have the full picture ? before pressing the big red soggy button marked PANIC BLUB.

Im not over-reacting , I’m quite apathetic about it all. Just noting about people over-reacting to people over-reacting.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:55 - Jan 6 with 4451 viewsEastTownBlue

A very good post.

The Murphy sale without a replacement brought in is probably leading many people to a lack of confidence in the current regime.
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:57 - Jan 6 with 4430 viewsElderGrizzly

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:55 - Jan 6 by EastTownBlue

A very good post.

The Murphy sale without a replacement brought in is probably leading many people to a lack of confidence in the current regime.

But that was 3 days before the window shut. This is 26 days
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:58 - Jan 6 with 4409 viewsCoco

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:55 - Jan 6 by EastTownBlue

A very good post.

Leon Best came in.

Mick has already said sales will be replaced with Bosmans or loans.

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:59 - Jan 6 with 4403 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:55 - Jan 6 by Coco

Im not over-reacting , I’m quite apathetic about it all. Just noting about people over-reacting to people over-reacting.

If we are replacing Smith then its fine. Smith never progressed as hoped if we're all honest. He's always been very error prone and not quite good enough to be honest. There are better options. I would expect a 500k fee though and this doesnt feel like we'll get one. Agree with the lets wait and see comments.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:59 - Jan 6 with 4404 viewsLeoMuff

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:55 - Jan 6 by Coco

Well what is the point of your post then ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:00 - Jan 6 with 4386 viewspointofblue

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:57 - Jan 6 by ElderGrizzly

If Evans doesn’t want to reinvest it doesn’t matter how many days there are left. I think his key concern now is making the club self-sufficient and little more than that.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 4383 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Tbf it has happened before under Evans aswell - this seems more akin to the Delaney situation to me. But yes, as it stands we may sell a backup player and have plenty of time to replace him

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 4376 viewsGuthrum

That would leave us just one more loan slot in the matchday squad (Celina, Connolly, Iorfa, Goldson plus one is our five limit).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 4366 viewsElderGrizzly

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:00 - Jan 6 by pointofblue

If Evans doesn’t want to reinvest it doesn’t matter how many days there are left. I think his key concern now is making the club self-sufficient and little more than that.

The club will never be self sufficient while we are in this league. Selling Smith and Moore is loose change
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:03 - Jan 6 with 4348 viewsCoco

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:59 - Jan 6 by LeoMuff

Well what is the point of your post then ?

What’s the point of any post? Or anything? Don’t worry your little head.

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:06 - Jan 6 with 4325 viewsEastTownBlue

That is why I’m suggesting that people are reacting as there are at present. Although with MM mentioning yesterday that he is only expecting loans or free transfers during the current window ...
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:07 - Jan 6 with 4310 viewspointofblue

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:02 - Jan 6 by ElderGrizzly

The club will never be self sufficient while we are in this league. Selling Smith and Moore is loose change

Fair point - not increasing the amount he has to put in to cover losses then.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:16 - Jan 6 with 4259 viewsJ2BLUE

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 13:47 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree fully on the last point - the past few days have seen some posters melting down spectacularly at what are just rumours currently, and 6 whole days into the month to boot

Re replacing Smith with Goldson, I’d go against the grain slightly and suggest that isn’t actually the worst move, if Mick is indeed off in the Summer and assuming we then look to rebuild the side

In theory, I agree. the trouble is what resources we have to build with. If we're going to be looking at free transfers we're unlikely to do better than Smith. If we do have a bit of money replacing a perfectly adequate centre back with some of that money seems really stupid. As usual we need to see if it happens and what the reasons are. Can't really say anything if Smith himself has requested the chance to go.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:29 - Jan 6 with 4189 viewsElderGrizzly

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:06 - Jan 6 by EastTownBlue

That is why I’m suggesting that people are reacting as there are at present. Although with MM mentioning yesterday that he is only expecting loans or free transfers during the current window ...

Bart was a free. As was McG, Murphy, Chambers, Skuse etc etc
Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:31 - Jan 6 with 4182 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Maybe I am overreacting.

But in the last few days I’ve seen us beaten 4-1, I’ve heard that we are selling our best player for a poxy 4m, the exciting striker we had banging them in is off for less than a million, arguably our best technically gifted player is gonna be sold, our homegrown CB is randomly off to the states and our manager has already said that the replacements for all of these will be loans or freebies.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Nice to see no-one overreacting... on 14:32 - Jan 6 with 4171 viewsgroovyASH

You'd hope we had a replacement lined up. This did come as a surprise but he's been pretty much injured for the majority of the last 18 months. If we can bring it a player of better quality than this will be a good thing.

The not-so-good thing will be if the replacement is a loan (more likely) than a permanent addition.

I do not expect 2 CBs to join us this window.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024