Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker 15:55 - Jan 9 with 9365 viewstractorboy2000

Sure they’ll get a slap on the wrist when they get promoted

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 15:57 - Jan 9 with 8399 viewsTIB

Have we even spent £35m in total transfers across our existence?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 15:58 - Jan 9 with 8393 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Struggling to like football when things like this happen.

I guess they are pretty much promoted anyway, but even newly promoted clubs paying c.£40m for a player is nauseating.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:03 - Jan 9 with 8333 viewsSpruceMoose

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 15:58 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

I guess they are pretty much promoted anyway, but even newly promoted clubs paying c.£40m for a player is nauseating.

If you want to double down on the misery have a listen to this...

https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2018/jan/05/manchester-citys-plan-for-glo

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:05 - Jan 9 with 8314 viewsElderGrizzly

Why ‘normal’ clubs will never have a hope of competing.

I wonder who the agent of the player is.... 🙄
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:08 - Jan 9 with 8279 viewsBlue_Armee

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:05 - Jan 9 by ElderGrizzly

Why ‘normal’ clubs will never have a hope of competing.

I wonder who the agent of the player is.... 🙄

Could buy our whole club and have change left over for that.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:22 - Jan 9 with 8154 viewsDarth_Koont

No, I can't believe that at all.

Pronouns: He/Him

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:23 - Jan 9 with 8136 viewsKieran_Knows

Stop the world, I would like to get off now, please.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:24 - Jan 9 with 8123 viewsTrequartista

ffp lies dead in a ditch

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:25 - Jan 9 with 8099 viewsStokieBlue

Ridiculous but guess it doesn't matter.

They are promoted and they already look like they can compete in the Prem.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:27 - Jan 9 with 8084 viewsBackToRussia

A second bid haha.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:41 - Jan 9 with 7982 viewstractorboy2000

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 15:58 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's gotten so ridiculous that if a Prem club buy a player for £10M, I just assume they're not going to be particularly good.

Can't wait to see how many nails the upcoming TV deal puts in football's coffin, it's getting beyond absurd now.

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:42 - Jan 9 with 7966 viewsFinidiCentenary

Do we really strive to be part of this circus?

Football isn't what it was. It's essentially no longer the sport we all love and adore, but it's become almost a parody of itself.

Regardless of your view on Evans, we are about 5-10 years away at best from either joining in with this nonsense and paying £10m for players ourselves and running up ridiculous debt or settling for a place in League One or League Two.

Only a matter of time before these foreign investors stop trying to take a Championship club up, but instead buy Conference and League Two clubs for nothing and then start buying Championship and Premier League players so as to turn a £1m investment into a £100m one instead of a £25m one into a £100m one.

Eventually the clubs that play along with this farce will take up the top few divisions and all the others that refuse to will be left behind. The FA won't stand up to the Premier League for the good of the game and integrity and tradition. The Premier League is simply about making money and the more TV money they throw at the clubs, the 'better' players they can attract from around the world, the more they can conquer China, India, Russia or whatever other markets remain untapped.

The snake is eating its own tail and before long we will probably be forever destined to be behind these clubs. Terrible sad that it's been allowed to go this way.

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 7943 viewsmonty_radio

This, on a day when we read that Ted Phillips weighed up whether he could join Town and leave off being a gardener at a princely £8 per week.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 17:01 - Jan 9 with 7807 viewsblueblood66

A £7m fine whilst coining £190m in TV cash...so what?
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 7784 viewsblueblood66

Ambition, good management and players equals success. Shows how clueless our lot are.
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 17:13 - Jan 9 with 7712 viewsfabian_illness

You boys need to get with the times.

I’ve just had a bid of £4000 refused for a Transit on eBay.
I’m preparing a fresh bid and believe I will see that Transit in my yard by the end of January.

I guess you just have to be prepared to pay the money.
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 17:20 - Jan 9 with 7656 viewsmonty_radio

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 17:13 - Jan 9 by fabian_illness

You boys need to get with the times.

I’ve just had a bid of £4000 refused for a Transit on eBay.
I’m preparing a fresh bid and believe I will see that Transit in my yard by the end of January.

I guess you just have to be prepared to pay the money.

Guys in Birmingham and Reading are also "running the rule" over that Transit. You may find yourself priced out at the death.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 18:14 - Jan 9 with 7357 viewsbluejacko

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:24 - Jan 9 by Trequartista

ffp lies dead in a ditch

FFP was/is just a pointless rule ignored by everyone except 2-3 championship clubs including us.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 18:22]
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 18:24 - Jan 9 with 7296 viewsDeano69

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 15:57 - Jan 9 by TIB

Have we even spent £35m in total transfers across our existence?

Apparently, you could buy the whole club for less than that.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 18:32 - Jan 9 with 7259 viewsSWGF

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:24 - Jan 9 by Trequartista

ffp lies dead in a ditch

While Marcus Evans stands over it, forlornly poking it with a stick.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 18:58 - Jan 9 with 7148 viewsBasuco

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:03 - Jan 9 by SpruceMoose

If you want to double down on the misery have a listen to this...

https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2018/jan/05/manchester-citys-plan-for-glo

Very good read. (I went for the text version) 6 clubs 240 players!
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 20:09 - Jan 9 with 6894 viewsbournemouthblue

And we have just sold Keiffer Moore for £750k

It's like we're selling in a different decade

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 20:12 - Jan 9 with 6877 viewsbournemouthblue

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 18:14 - Jan 9 by bluejacko

FFP was/is just a pointless rule ignored by everyone except 2-3 championship clubs including us.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 18:22]

Huddersfield were one of the others

There can't be many left

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 23:38 - Jan 9 with 6483 viewsBlueNomad

Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 16:42 - Jan 9 by FinidiCentenary

Do we really strive to be part of this circus?

Football isn't what it was. It's essentially no longer the sport we all love and adore, but it's become almost a parody of itself.

Regardless of your view on Evans, we are about 5-10 years away at best from either joining in with this nonsense and paying £10m for players ourselves and running up ridiculous debt or settling for a place in League One or League Two.

Only a matter of time before these foreign investors stop trying to take a Championship club up, but instead buy Conference and League Two clubs for nothing and then start buying Championship and Premier League players so as to turn a £1m investment into a £100m one instead of a £25m one into a £100m one.

Eventually the clubs that play along with this farce will take up the top few divisions and all the others that refuse to will be left behind. The FA won't stand up to the Premier League for the good of the game and integrity and tradition. The Premier League is simply about making money and the more TV money they throw at the clubs, the 'better' players they can attract from around the world, the more they can conquer China, India, Russia or whatever other markets remain untapped.

The snake is eating its own tail and before long we will probably be forever destined to be behind these clubs. Terrible sad that it's been allowed to go this way.

I wouldn’t disagree but I sometimes wonder if it might work the other way with giants dying under the weight of their greed and smaller clubs being the ones left standing? I like to imagine that!
Wolves bid £35M for AC Milan striker on 23:49 - Jan 9 with 6458 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Sounds like they've had a second bid of 37 M rejected so they are really going for it. QPR have got away with it for years, Wolves have now decided "let's follow their lead"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024