Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page 20:09 - Jan 18 with 4460 viewsCurrie10

Okay, this signing doesn't exactly get my juices flowing either - however, lets give the lad a go first before deciding we know everything shall we?

Just because he hasn't got into Birmingham's side this season - doesn't really mean much.

Football is a little more than - ' we're higher than Brum, he isn't being used there, therefore he won't do anything for us '

Perhaps -
* We play a different system that suits him
* Mick can get the best out of him
* He's out of the picture at Brum for reasons we're not aware of

Always made me laugh when we signed McAuley from relegated Leicester ( despite them having the 2nd or 3rd best defensive record in the league )

Good luck Mr Gleeson.
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:17 - Jan 18 with 4412 viewsElderGrizzly

It’s the news commenters. They’d moan if we signed Messi
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:20 - Jan 18 with 4403 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Do we need him? Seems like a waste of wages to me, when we’ve got the likes of Nydam, Downes and McDonnell waiting in the wings.

Poll: Our final position

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:21 - Jan 18 with 4394 viewsclive_baker

I don't really know what the fuss is about. He's joining on loan for a few months. If everyone's fit he's not going to play anyway, and he'll offer decent backup and an experienced Championship head around the place. If he impresses, great. If not, we've not lost much. I'm sure these are the same people that bemoaned Mick for bringing in Pringle and Varney, who both put in a decent shift to be fair to them. It's a low cost, short term addition at a stage where our season is all but over. If it was a perm signing I would have more reservations, but moving on a few higher earners such as Smith and replacing them with loans points towards us clearing the decks ahead of hitting the reset button in the summer.

Literally nothing to flounce about IMO.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 20:24]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:43 - Jan 18 with 4296 viewsbraveblue

Afraid people have simply had enough of Mick’s proper bloke, workhorse signings. Part of the reason we have lost thousands of fans. It is simply not good enough. Hardly played this season. 29 year old average player. What do you expect.
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:46 - Jan 18 with 4272 viewsLankHenners

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:43 - Jan 18 by braveblue

Afraid people have simply had enough of Mick’s proper bloke, workhorse signings. Part of the reason we have lost thousands of fans. It is simply not good enough. Hardly played this season. 29 year old average player. What do you expect.

Quite right. Wish he'd signed players like David McGoldrick, Martyn Waghorn, Ryan Fraser, Tom Lawrence, Bersant Celina and promoted players like Teddy Bishop and Andre Dozzell to the first team.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:46 - Jan 18 with 4263 viewsJ2BLUE

I expect people to remember the likes of Lee, McGoldrick, Waghorn, Huws, Varney etc etc who were unfashionable signings but still made an impact.

Why do some of our fans refuse to learn?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:47 - Jan 18 with 4256 viewsHerbivore

You're probably more at home amongst the news commenters, chief. With regards to losing thousands of fans I think I pointed this out to you the other day but you seem to have forgotten, our average attendance this season is more or less identical to our average attendance in Mick's first season in charge.

What kind of signing did you think would be realistic in our current circumstances?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:48 - Jan 18 with 4252 viewsLord_Lucan

Keiron? He’s ok really - his dads a tvvat though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:59 - Jan 18 with 4203 viewsStNeotsBlue

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:47 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

You're probably more at home amongst the news commenters, chief. With regards to losing thousands of fans I think I pointed this out to you the other day but you seem to have forgotten, our average attendance this season is more or less identical to our average attendance in Mick's first season in charge.

What kind of signing did you think would be realistic in our current circumstances?

Whilst I'm not sure anyone was expecting an audacious bid for Ronaldo, who is unsettled, this is a signing which is impressively unambitious.
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:02 - Jan 18 with 4178 viewsHerbivore

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:59 - Jan 18 by StNeotsBlue

Whilst I'm not sure anyone was expecting an audacious bid for Ronaldo, who is unsettled, this is a signing which is impressively unambitious.

So what were you expecting?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:07 - Jan 18 with 4154 viewsStNeotsBlue

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:02 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

So what were you expecting?

A young lad from Prem possibly or this seasons Huws equivalent looking to get some games under their belt possibly. Not too unrealistic.

I'm not all doom and gloom though the fact we're taking the lad from Stratford for a trial is encouraging as it shows we are still scouting and looking around, all be it in the bargain basement.
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:13 - Jan 18 with 4131 viewsLankHenners

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:07 - Jan 18 by StNeotsBlue

A young lad from Prem possibly or this seasons Huws equivalent looking to get some games under their belt possibly. Not too unrealistic.

I'm not all doom and gloom though the fact we're taking the lad from Stratford for a trial is encouraging as it shows we are still scouting and looking around, all be it in the bargain basement.

Huws' signing was greeted with a big 'ffs another injury prone outcast whose parent club don't want'.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:14 - Jan 18 with 4124 viewsHerbivore

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:07 - Jan 18 by StNeotsBlue

We've got youngsters in midfield though, Connolly is playing regularly and we've got Downes and Nydam close to fitness. What we lack is a bit of experience in the middle of the park, particularly if Skuse isn't available for any reason. Mick will be gone in the summer, getting some experience in to bolster us until May is about all we're likely to get.

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:16 - Jan 18 with 4110 viewsBackToRussia

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:13 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Huws' signing was greeted with a big 'ffs another injury prone outcast whose parent club don't want'.

Might not have been a bad shout, that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:35 - Jan 18 with 4053 viewsCurrie10

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:21 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

I don't really know what the fuss is about. He's joining on loan for a few months. If everyone's fit he's not going to play anyway, and he'll offer decent backup and an experienced Championship head around the place. If he impresses, great. If not, we've not lost much. I'm sure these are the same people that bemoaned Mick for bringing in Pringle and Varney, who both put in a decent shift to be fair to them. It's a low cost, short term addition at a stage where our season is all but over. If it was a perm signing I would have more reservations, but moving on a few higher earners such as Smith and replacing them with loans points towards us clearing the decks ahead of hitting the reset button in the summer.

Literally nothing to flounce about IMO.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 20:24]

You say that but I'm not sure.

Recall a certain Richie Wellens arrival not being very popular either but he did alright for us
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:42 - Jan 18 with 4005 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:14 - Jan 18 by Herbivore

We've got youngsters in midfield though, Connolly is playing regularly and we've got Downes and Nydam close to fitness. What we lack is a bit of experience in the middle of the park, particularly if Skuse isn't available for any reason. Mick will be gone in the summer, getting some experience in to bolster us until May is about all we're likely to get.

I’d rather we gave experience to the youngsters. If we can’t do that now, when will we able to do so? Let’s see if McDonnell is good enough. If he isn’t we let him go.

Poll: Our final position

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:50 - Jan 18 with 3969 viewsStNeotsBlue

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:16 - Jan 18 by BackToRussia

Might not have been a bad shout, that.

The only chance we have of signing players of that quality is by taking a risk on their fitness. Like we did with Reuser. It's risky but if Huws is fit we have a class player on our hands, if not.....
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:52 - Jan 18 with 3946 viewsBackToRussia

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:50 - Jan 18 by StNeotsBlue

The only chance we have of signing players of that quality is by taking a risk on their fitness. Like we did with Reuser. It's risky but if Huws is fit we have a class player on our hands, if not.....

I would murder a man for another Reuser.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 21:58 - Jan 18 with 3930 viewsolimar

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:20 - Jan 18 by southnorfolkblue

Do we need him? Seems like a waste of wages to me, when we’ve got the likes of Nydam, Downes and McDonnell waiting in the wings.

Two of those are still injured.
Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 22:05 - Jan 18 with 3902 viewsTrequartista

McCarthy came to the club and criticised the amount of loan players we had so it will quite fitting for him to sign about five of them before he leaves.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 22:11 - Jan 18 with 3865 viewsSwansea_Blue

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 20:17 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

It’s the news commenters. They’d moan if we signed Messi

I left a news comment today. It's been a while, so I feel very proud of myself. Nothing contentious, just easing back in after a long break. It's like another world on there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 07:29 - Jan 19 with 3626 viewsBlueBadger

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 22:05 - Jan 18 by Trequartista

McCarthy came to the club and criticised the amount of loan players we had so it will quite fitting for him to sign about five of them before he leaves.

The major difference here is that we're loaning players because a) we have have load sof injuries and b) the owner won't spend rather than the manager is rubbish and would rather loan players than actually try some coaching.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Meltdown about Gleeson already on the main page on 07:50 - Jan 19 with 3586 viewsBloomBlue

Trouble is... I'll go to a game at PR and let's say Bru doesn't put his foot in where it hurts, all you hear from all 4 stands is moans and shouts of.. ffs Bru you bottled it, put your fecking foot in man-up, ffs what is he afraid of.

So.. I hear fans fed up with only getting proper blokes but as soon as one of our very few non proper blokes doesn't act like a proper bloke the same first people to moan are the fans

Football fans such a funny breed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024