Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think I know why people get so angry with Callis 11:09 - Jan 19 with 53754 viewsBrixtonBlue

They know, deep down, he's right. We don't need to eat animals. It is pretty cruel to breed them just to slaughter them, unless it's absolutely necessary for your survival (survival of the fittest). I think a lot of people are fighting with their own conscience and don't like that Callis is the one bringing that fight to the forefront of their minds.

For me, and I suspect a lot of us are the same, I was brought up believing eating animals was absolutely fine. I imagine in the early years I didn't even realise what I was eating. My dad would always drum into me about not wasting food... but then he, in turn, was brought up during the war when you couldn't be fussy. I bet there weren't many vegans knocking about in the 40's!

Also, animals do contain the nutrients we need AND our teeth are designed for tearing flesh.

Now, though, we have a choice. The problem is we've grown up with meat, we like it, and veganism seems a bit of a faff. That's the truth of it. I'll put a spider out in the garden rather than killing it but I'll happily tuck into a steak. We're hypocrites. Just accept that actually, however he expresses it, Callis is right. And then you won't get so angry.

Two things we can all do quite easily are eat less meat and eat outdoor-bred when we do have it. I do that, and although it's a long way short of what Callis is doing, it's better than nothing. And better for my conscience!

Right, need to get ready for heading oop north. I shall check back to see how this one turns out shortly!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:10 - Jan 19 with 19564 viewsitfcjoe

Bore off.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:12 - Jan 19 with 19553 viewshype313

Well that's a load of bollox.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 19539 viewsmonytowbray

Preach.

Queue triggered meat eaters!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:13 - Jan 19 with 19540 viewsFinidiCentenary

'The Vegetarian Society estimates that there are around 4 million vegetarians in the UK, or about 7% of the population. However, other more recent surveys put the figure nearer the 3 million mark, or about 5% of the population'.

Out of interest, what is it about 95% of the population doing something that makes you conclusively rule that they are wrong?

I don't think it's the point that Callis makes that annoys people. More the manner in which he makes it (taking a minority view and suggesting anyone who doesn't agree is wrong), over and over.

A bit like you've laid the foundations for with this.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 11:14]

Poll: Which lower league manager would you appoint if all of the following applied?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:14 - Jan 19 with 19532 viewsStokieBlue

You've totally misunderstood the last month on here.

Either that or you are deliberately trying to start another monster thread.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:14 - Jan 19 with 19535 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:10 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Bore off.

Exactly.

The best way to deal with this sort of thread is file it under "don't give a sheoite" and not bother looking at it ever again.
I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:18 - Jan 19 with 19498 viewshomer_123

Our local chinese has it right.....they are popping off the local cat population.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:20 - Jan 19 with 19476 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just what the board needs. Another vegan thread.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:21 - Jan 19 with 19460 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:14 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

You've totally misunderstood the last month on here.

Either that or you are deliberately trying to start another monster thread.

SB

I think Dolly is feeling a bit left out with Callis getting all of the attention ;-)

Iron Lion Zion

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:22 - Jan 19 with 19461 viewsLankHenners

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:20 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Phil does his best to stop this by giving us a nice story about a good loan signing and this is his reward.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:25 - Jan 19 with 19438 viewsGlasgowBlue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:22 - Jan 19 by LankHenners

Phil does his best to stop this by giving us a nice story about a good loan signing and this is his reward.

Did Phil ask Cameron Carter-Vickers if he was a vegan? That is the question we all want answered.

Iron Lion Zion

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:26 - Jan 19 with 19435 viewsStokieBlue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:21 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

I think Dolly is feeling a bit left out with Callis getting all of the attention ;-)

I got a down vote for what I thought was a fairly non-controversial post.

Oh well.

http://veganstrategist.org/2016/11/17/phases-in-veganism-and-vegan-advocacy/

Callis is at stage 3. Everything will be fine when he gets to stage 4 it seems.

SB
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 11:35]

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:28 - Jan 19 with 19415 viewshomer_123

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:25 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Did Phil ask Cameron Carter-Vickers if he was a vegan? That is the question we all want answered.

Is this now replacing the fav cheese question?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:28 - Jan 19 with 19409 viewsNazemariner

We don't need to eat meat, we like to eat meat. End of.
I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:35 - Jan 19 with 19363 viewshomer_123

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:26 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

Oh well.

SB

Just in case this post felt left out.

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:39 - Jan 19 with 19338 viewsBenters2

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:10 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Bore off.

This with bells on.
I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:47 - Jan 19 with 19257 viewsGeoffSentence

I think you are spot on there Dolly.

Callis is absolutely right about the cruelty involved in farming animals and it does twinge upon my conscious when I eat them.

The trouble is, having been brought up as a meat eater it is a struggle to move away, vegetarian and in particular vegan food has never hit the mark for me.

Still I have gone some way, I am now part vegan as I have vegan food with almost every meal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:50 - Jan 19 with 19229 viewsmonytowbray

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:47 - Jan 19 by GeoffSentence

Callis is absolutely right about the cruelty involved in farming animals and it does twinge upon my conscious when I eat them.

The trouble is, having been brought up as a meat eater it is a struggle to move away, vegetarian and in particular vegan food has never hit the mark for me.

Still I have gone some way, I am now part vegan as I have vegan food with almost every meal.

The people in here angry at Dolly and slagging me off rather than addressing the points he makes about my choices and the reactions of others on why they get upset are proving his/my point.

TWTD never forgets…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:50 - Jan 19 with 19224 viewsmonytowbray

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:47 - Jan 19 by GeoffSentence

Well done, that's how I started too.

What made you start to turn?

TWTD never forgets…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 19222 viewsKieran_Knows

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:20 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Here we go ...... AGAIN!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 19214 viewsitfcjoe

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:50 - Jan 19 by monytowbray

The people in here angry at Dolly and slagging me off rather than addressing the points he makes about my choices and the reactions of others on why they get upset are proving his/my point.

No they aren't they are just at the end of their tether with all this Vegan BS.

They are omnivores, like 99% of the rest of the population on earth, that are, in the main, happy with their informed choice. They are bored of you banging on about it with your ridiculous straw men of kicking dogs to death etc.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:55 - Jan 19 with 19180 viewsStokieBlue

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:50 - Jan 19 by monytowbray

Can you explain your avatar? I honestly don't understand it.

I might be having a dozy moment though.

SB

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:56 - Jan 19 with 19166 viewsmonytowbray

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:52 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

No they aren't they are just at the end of their tether with all this Vegan BS.

They are omnivores, like 99% of the rest of the population on earth, that are, in the main, happy with their informed choice. They are bored of you banging on about it with your ridiculous straw men of kicking dogs to death etc.

The fact you call it a straw man shows you don't get it. You are not happy with your choices, you are in denial of the reality of your choices.

TWTD never forgets…

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:57 - Jan 19 with 19160 viewsLord_Lucan

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:26 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

Oh well.

SB

At least you didn’t get flashing red and a post deleted.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I think I know why people get so angry with Callis on 11:57 - Jan 19 with 19157 viewsWarhurst

Even for lurkers this sh1te is tedious. I know we don't have to eat meat to survive, but I like eating meat so I will continue to do so. Acting preachy about it it's not surprising that these threads get heated. You wouldn't walk up to every smoker you see and give them a lecture on how smoking is bad for you, would you? Eventually you would get a smack.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024