Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amy Downes 18:54 - Feb 4 with 37369 viewsbloobloo

[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 15:33]
Amy Downes on 18:56 - Feb 4 with 12710 viewsbloobloo

Apparently she’s gone off Twitter and Facebook now, I don’t know as I don’t have either
Amy Downes on 18:56 - Feb 4 with 12711 viewsKieran_Knows

Whilst I know who she is, and I don’t tend to agree with her ‘views’ on things, it’s probably not best ‘name dropping’ on here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Amy Downes on 18:56 - Feb 4 with 12706 viewsITFC_Forever

Bit harsh to try and ban her, whatever people think of her.

Twitter’s been full of the debate in question all day / last night, but I’ve got a horrible feeling this thread will see it repeated...

And in addition to what Mick Knows said, it’s poor form to name her and stir things up for her on here.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 18:57]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Amy Downes on 18:58 - Feb 4 with 12676 viewsBOjK

Always good to slag named people off while hiding behind a pseudonym. Well done.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Amy Downes on 18:59 - Feb 4 with 12646 viewscbower

I thought she was a comedy creation on here to stir things up!

bluescouser

Amy Downes on 19:00 - Feb 4 with 12638 viewsBlue_Order

Amy Downes on 18:58 - Feb 4 by BOjK

Always good to slag named people off while hiding behind a pseudonym. Well done.

Sit down, Amy.
Amy Downes on 19:02 - Feb 4 with 12612 viewsSarge

Personally I hate standing at football games and it pisses me off when I have to because the row in front are. But I'm not going to tell everyone else to sit down because nobody is going to listen. Allocated seating is crap at away games and I'm in row Z at carrot road.

If you're campaigning to get someone else banned from football though, you need to get a life.
Amy Downes on 19:03 - Feb 4 with 12602 viewsmonytowbray

I see her point RE standing. My nan wouldn’t enjoy being forced to stand for 90 minutes, and at away games it always has to be at the consideration of where you are sitting and who is around you.

A petition to get her banned? LOL. I’ve not seen it but whoever thought that one up is a total melt. I might ask the club to give her a free ST just to p1ss whoever did it off.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Amy Downes on 19:06 - Feb 4 with 12570 viewsbloobloo

Amy Downes on 19:02 - Feb 4 by Sarge

Personally I hate standing at football games and it pisses me off when I have to because the row in front are. But I'm not going to tell everyone else to sit down because nobody is going to listen. Allocated seating is crap at away games and I'm in row Z at carrot road.

If you're campaigning to get someone else banned from football though, you need to get a life.

I am not the one who’s campaign to get her banned, someone else is. I go to all the away games and yesterday was the first time I have seen her at a match so I guess she doesn’t go very often.
Amy Downes on 19:06 - Feb 4 with 12561 viewsGeoffSentence

Amy Downes on 18:56 - Feb 4 by Kieran_Knows

Whilst I know who she is, and I don’t tend to agree with her ‘views’ on things, it’s probably not best ‘name dropping’ on here.

In this case why is it a problem? She writes on online blog using that name, does the fan cam and writes in the Kings of Anglia. The EADT have reported on her. What's the problem with using her name when it is in the public domain?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Amy Downes on 19:08 - Feb 4 with 12535 viewsSarge

Amy Downes on 19:06 - Feb 4 by bloobloo

I am not the one who’s campaign to get her banned, someone else is. I go to all the away games and yesterday was the first time I have seen her at a match so I guess she doesn’t go very often.

The 'you' wasn't directed at you, was directed at whoever is.
on 19:09 - Feb 4 with 12530 views_

Amy Downes on 19:06 - Feb 4 by GeoffSentence

In this case why is it a problem? She writes on online blog using that name, does the fan cam and writes in the Kings of Anglia. The EADT have reported on her. What's the problem with using her name when it is in the public domain?

Amy Downes on 19:11 - Feb 4 with 12515 viewsmonytowbray

Amy Downes on 19:06 - Feb 4 by bloobloo

I’d hazzard a guess she makes 4-6 games a year now with a kid and made more before that.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Amy Downes on 19:14 - Feb 4 with 12484 viewsbloobloo

That kings of anglia thing is garbage so that’s probably her level. If she tells me to sit down again she will the same reply as yesterday...
Amy Downes on 19:20 - Feb 4 with 12424 viewsSteve_M

I think you're being unnecessarily vindictive here. Even if Amy can be annoying in how she comes across you're the one looking foolish here.

I've read far too much on twitter re: standing yesterday and the most important point missed by many is consideration to others. I would rather stand but if that causes problems for people behind me then sometimes I have to accept that - and s should everyone else.

Good luck with a campaign to ban another fan from games, I'm sure Milne will treat it with the appropriate contempt.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Amy Downes on 19:20 - Feb 4 with 12407 viewsGeoffSentence

Amy Downes on 19:14 - Feb 4 by bloobloo

That kings of anglia thing is garbage so that’s probably her level. If she tells me to sit down again she will the same reply as yesterday...

It is thoughtless and inconsiderate to stand in front of people who are sitting.

Amy Downes on 19:21 - Feb 4 with 12394 viewsMullet

Whoever or whatever she is, you’re being a right prick. Perhaps you should sit down.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Amy Downes on 19:37 - Feb 4 with 12179 viewsBlueBadger

I think this thread isn't going the way you hoped it would.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Who? on 19:41 - Feb 4 with 12124 viewssparks

Seriously. Who?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Amy Downes on 19:44 - Feb 4 with 12118 viewsBlueBadger

Amy Downes on 19:20 - Feb 4 by Steve_M

I think you're being unnecessarily vindictive here. Even if Amy can be annoying in how she comes across you're the one looking foolish here.

I've read far too much on twitter re: standing yesterday and the most important point missed by many is consideration to others. I would rather stand but if that causes problems for people behind me then sometimes I have to accept that - and s should everyone else.

Good luck with a campaign to ban another fan from games, I'm sure Milne will treat it with the appropriate contempt.

Actually I'll think you'll find he's trying make a serious point about ethics in standing at football...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Amy Downes on 19:44 - Feb 4 with 12126 viewsbloobloo

There is now a campaign on Twitter to ban her..it’s getting lots of support so hopefully we won’t see her at town games in the future. Thanks for all your support,together we can get rid of her
Amy Downes on 19:45 - Feb 4 with 12127 viewsSitfcB

I can agree with her sentiment and see where she is coming from, but some of our fans are poor when it comes to sitting down.

This problem always arises when it's not 'sit where you want', although some stewards were saying it was unreserved seating and some sit in your allocated seat, that's helpful.

I got told by the people behind me to sit, now I don't have no problem sitting if I have to (I'll always prefer to stand though) but the rows in front were standing so restricting my view, it's not up to me to tell them to sit, but Amy did take it upon herself to tweet some people that were standing to sit hence the outcry from some as she made her opinions public, she prefers to stand and usually goes to the back of the stand when possible. But something's are best left un said on twitter I think, she's caused herself a bit of grief.

For the people that were near her that were having problems seeing, the stewards offered to move them to a different area, that option wasn't taken up when maybe it should've been.

Some of The abuse aimed at her is very harsh and uncalled for, especially the personal attacks.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 19:48]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Amy Downes on 19:45 - Feb 4 with 12105 viewsBlueBadger

Amy Downes on 19:44 - Feb 4 by bloobloo

There is now a campaign on Twitter to ban her..it’s getting lots of support so hopefully we won’t see her at town games in the future. Thanks for all your support,together we can get rid of her

Oh do give over, you massive fanny.

Amy Downes on 19:45 - Feb 4 with 12103 viewsSitfcB

Amy Downes on 19:44 - Feb 4 by bloobloo

It's not getting any support at all.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who? on 19:46 - Feb 4 with 12102 viewsGeoffSentence

Who? on 19:41 - Feb 4 by sparks

Seriously. Who?

Blogger, vlogger and contributor to local media.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024