Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most senior forum member? 21:19 - Feb 12 with 27308 viewsBbmaj

Apart from Gav and Phil, whose been on here longest?

Now watch all the old farts throw their car keys into a pot...
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 23:08]
Most senior forum member? on 17:31 - Feb 13 with 5254 viewsMJallday

Most senior forum member? on 21:58 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

There are a few of us over twenty years, I'm 95 or 96, first year at uni. I would say it's a select group but it's more Hotel California.

I was pre here and rivals - I even did the yahoo one
Gotta be knocking on 20+ years

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Most senior forum member? on 18:04 - Feb 13 with 5224 viewsLord_Lucan

Most senior forum member? on 17:01 - Feb 13 by connorscontract

Can you give us a ruling on:

a) whether you used to be BOK

and

b) whether the addition of the "j" was because of Martijn Reuser?

Many thanks!

Well it would be a massive coincidence if he changed his name because of a computer game because BOK became BOJK at the very same time that The Reuser J went viral.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:07 - Feb 13 with 5215 viewsbluelou

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Most senior forum member? on 18:44 - Feb 13 with 5195 viewsBluefish

Most senior forum member? on 18:04 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

Well it would be a massive coincidence if he changed his name because of a computer game because BOK became BOJK at the very same time that The Reuser J went viral.

He was bok bontchos overhead kick but he added the j for reuser and because one of the boards had a minimum username size

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Most senior forum member? on 18:46 - Feb 13 with 5194 viewsBOjK

Most senior forum member? on 17:01 - Feb 13 by connorscontract

Can you give us a ruling on:

a) whether you used to be BOK

and

b) whether the addition of the "j" was because of Martijn Reuser?

Many thanks!

Both A and B are correct.

The ‘j’ was added when the site migrated to somewhere which had a minimum of 4 characters in the display name.

BOK stood for Bontcho’s Overhead Kicks, which is what I used in the very early days.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Most senior forum member? on 18:54 - Feb 13 with 5187 viewsSE1blue

20 years for me.

Got a proper rollicking from my boss in 1998 for spending too much time on TWTD when they investigated the staffs internet usage. If only he'd known about the fake appointments I used to book every Tuesday home game so I could be in the pub by 4pm too...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Most senior forum member? on 18:55 - Feb 13 with 5186 viewsMJallday

@phil / @gav - is it possible to get username/signed up date ? would be worth it just to see the top 100 earliest.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Most senior forum member? on 18:57 - Feb 13 with 5181 viewsSE1blue

Most senior forum member? on 18:55 - Feb 13 by MJallday

@phil / @gav - is it possible to get username/signed up date ? would be worth it just to see the top 100 earliest.

I was bensonandhedges (nearest thing to me when trying to think of a name - I was so creative!) back in 1998. gave the name up when i gave up the cigs.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

Most senior forum member? on 19:07 - Feb 13 with 5157 viewsBluefish

Board has changed

Most senior forum member? on 19:13 - Feb 13 with 5154 viewsLord_Lucan

Problem is it was non registration for quite some time so I assume it will be zero one day and then 5000 the next.

It's amazing looking back that I could simply post as Lord_Lucan and then post as MJallday and call Phil a smelly baldy waldy.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Most senior forum member? on 19:19 - Feb 13 with 5142 viewsmos

Most senior forum member? on 19:13 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

Problem is it was non registration for quite some time so I assume it will be zero one day and then 5000 the next.

It's amazing looking back that I could simply post as Lord_Lucan and then post as MJallday and call Phil a smelly baldy waldy.

Under the same IP, however.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Most senior forum member? on 19:40 - Feb 13 with 5112 viewsstonojnr

must be 20+ years, time goes quickly when you are having fun :)
Most senior forum member? on 19:41 - Feb 13 with 5110 viewsLord_Lucan

Most senior forum member? on 19:19 - Feb 13 by mos

Under the same IP, however.

Yes but it was a free for all, you could post as someone else and cause a right hoo ha and no one but admin would know.

Most senior forum member? on 19:59 - Feb 13 with 5086 viewshoppy

Most senior forum member? on 19:40 - Feb 13 by stonojnr

must be 20+ years, time goes quickly when you are having fun :)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Most senior forum member? on 19:59 - Feb 13 with 5086 viewsCoastalblue

Most senior forum member? on 19:41 - Feb 13 by Lord_Lucan

Yes but it was a free for all, you could post as someone else and cause a right hoo ha and no one but admin would know.

Fun wasn't it?

Especially when you're like me and few people know you, I expect several recognise my username but recall little more about me so no one looks in my direction when I throw a bone in and watch the big dogs fight over it.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Most senior forum member? on 20:00 - Feb 13 with 5086 viewsBlueGuru

Most senior forum member? on 18:54 - Feb 13 by SE1blue

20 years for me.

Got a proper rollicking from my boss in 1998 for spending too much time on TWTD when they investigated the staffs internet usage. If only he'd known about the fake appointments I used to book every Tuesday home game so I could be in the pub by 4pm too...

I also got hauled across the coles I think around 99-00 but may have been before, the company’s owner on meeting saying I was the internet’s biggest hitter in the company, mostly twtd...

Minimal repercussions though I’m pleased to say.
Most senior forum member? on 20:02 - Feb 13 with 5083 viewsmos

Haha, that sounds pretty fun.

You’re right though, only the admins would know about the mischief.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Most senior forum member? on 20:07 - Feb 13 with 5076 viewsCoastalblue

Most senior forum member? on 20:00 - Feb 13 by BlueGuru

I also got hauled across the coles I think around 99-00 but may have been before, the company’s owner on meeting saying I was the internet’s biggest hitter in the company, mostly twtd...

Minimal repercussions though I’m pleased to say.

Said it on here before, but going back even further I got a serious telling off over a company phone bill which included a very large sum for Club Call when Slater was due to sign.

Probably the last time I allowed myself to get properly excited over an incoming transfer.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Most senior forum member? on 21:13 - Feb 13 with 5036 viewsBbmaj

Most senior forum member? on 12:24 - Feb 13 by Gogs

1983? 1993 surely. T’internet wasn’t a thing in 1983

Fair enough Gogs, 1983 was a bold statement made after a couple of very nice beers - but I do love a bit of exaggeration to make a point.

I hope all the Generation Zs here are aware of your clubs glorious digital history? Not only were we the finest football team the world has ever seen but also the first football club to have a "website". This was in 1990 and a wee while before the internet was ever a thing outside of odd places like BT labs up in Martlesham.

There's a nice little write up here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/26/who-were-the-first-football-clu

I honestly can't remember when I first visited TWTD, but I've been mad as a box of frogs about computing since I was knee high to a Sticky Mockwell.
Most senior forum member? on 21:15 - Feb 13 with 5032 viewsBbmaj

Most senior forum member? on 21:13 - Feb 13 by Bbmaj

Fair enough Gogs, 1983 was a bold statement made after a couple of very nice beers - but I do love a bit of exaggeration to make a point.

I hope all the Generation Zs here are aware of your clubs glorious digital history? Not only were we the finest football team the world has ever seen but also the first football club to have a "website". This was in 1990 and a wee while before the internet was ever a thing outside of odd places like BT labs up in Martlesham.

There's a nice little write up here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/26/who-were-the-first-football-clu

I honestly can't remember when I first visited TWTD, but I've been mad as a box of frogs about computing since I was knee high to a Sticky Mockwell.

While I can't remember the date, I'm pretty sure I was the original BB and it has pained me to see all the johnny come latelys signing off with those initials for the last decade and more ;-)
Most senior forum member? on 22:08 - Feb 13 with 4996 viewsBurwell_Blue

Most senior forum member? on 18:57 - Feb 13 by SE1blue

I was bensonandhedges (nearest thing to me when trying to think of a name - I was so creative!) back in 1998. gave the name up when i gave up the cigs.

You may have been the person who gave me a lift to Rotherham
away in about 2001
Most senior forum member? on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 4994 viewsBurwell_Blue

I registered your username when we moved to this board (or possibly the one before) before you got a chance.

Was going great until Phil took it off me the big Nancy.
Most senior forum member? on 22:27 - Feb 13 with 4969 viewsBluefish

Most senior forum member? on 22:10 - Feb 13 by Burwell_Blue

I registered your username when we moved to this board (or possibly the one before) before you got a chance.

Was going great until Phil took it off me the big Nancy.

I remember that. Pretty sure I registered blueasfook

Most senior forum member? on 03:02 - Feb 14 with 4907 viewsSwansea_Blue

Most senior forum member? on 18:46 - Feb 13 by BOjK

Both A and B are correct.

The ‘j’ was added when the site migrated to somewhere which had a minimum of 4 characters in the display name.

BOK stood for Bontcho’s Overhead Kicks, which is what I used in the very early days.

I always thought you were a dyslexic Bjork fan .

I'm a mere puppy at this lark. Probably around the turn of the millennium. I didn't have Internet at home and my work had one online machine that we all had to share, so reading and posting wasn't particularly easy. Things took off when I moved jobs in 2005 and got my own office!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Most senior forum member? on 11:32 - Feb 14 with 4844 viewshoppy

Most senior forum member? on 22:27 - Feb 13 by Bluefish

I remember that. Pretty sure I registered blueasfook

Didn't we all?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024