Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you have preferred 0-0? 19:17 - Feb 18 with 3834 viewsm14_blue

Or was that glorious feeling, albeit short-lived, worth the pain that followed?

Better to have loved and lost?
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:19 - Feb 18 with 3816 viewsJ2BLUE

I think people would have been almost as angry with a 0-0.

1-1 added a bit of glitter to what was really a team huffing and puffing their way to a point which seemed the maximum the manager thought we could get from the game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:21 - Feb 18 with 3796 viewsgainsboroughblue

I quite like the analogy. I do feel that the way it ended gave a bit of a 'defeat' feel though.

Playing out a drab 0-0 draw wouldn't have affected the morale quite as much as what eventually happened.

Momentum counts for a lot in sport. Them lot may use that as a springboard to push on for play-offs (though I doubt it as they are crap)

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:22 - Feb 18 with 3785 viewsDarth_Koont

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:19 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

I think people would have been almost as angry with a 0-0.

1-1 added a bit of glitter to what was really a team huffing and puffing their way to a point which seemed the maximum the manager thought we could get from the game.

" a point which seemed the maximum the manager thought we could get from the game."

Where does this even come from? Doesn't matter what team we pick, people seem to assume Mick's not trying to win games. There's just no evidence for it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:23 - Feb 18 with 3762 viewsm14_blue

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:22 - Feb 18 by Darth_Koont

" a point which seemed the maximum the manager thought we could get from the game."

Where does this even come from? Doesn't matter what team we pick, people seem to assume Mick's not trying to win games. There's just no evidence for it.

Sometimes it's valid but we were on the front foot pretty much from the start today.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 3747 viewsVaughan8

Definitely would have prefered 0-0. I was saying to my wife at 0-1, that I would rather that than them scoring.

It feels like a loss drawing that way.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:25 - Feb 18 with 3748 viewsPJH

It was similar to Reading away when it was 0-0 at 89 minutes then Darren Bent "won" it for us, then....

I would not have been hugging strangers this afternoon if we had not had the Chambo moment.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:26 - Feb 18 with 3741 viewsNazemariner

0-0 would have been far less painful. 1-1 leaves us gutted, and the scum delighted.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:29 - Feb 18 with 3715 viewsSteve_M

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:25 - Feb 18 by PJH

It was similar to Reading away when it was 0-0 at 89 minutes then Darren Bent "won" it for us, then....

I would not have been hugging strangers this afternoon if we had not had the Chambo moment.

Yes, that game came to mind on the way out. As gutted as I am too concede, rather that than a 0-0.

FFS though, one more clearance.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:31 - Feb 18 with 3684 viewsVaughan8

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:25 - Feb 18 by PJH

I thought about that game. I think Reading scored more quickly after our goal though if I remember correctly.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:34 - Feb 18 with 3669 viewsPJH

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:31 - Feb 18 by Vaughan8

I thought about that game. I think Reading scored more quickly after our goal though if I remember correctly.

Yes there probably was only a minute or two in between the goals at Reading but both went from a 0-0 probably being ok to an away win then back down to earth.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:34 - Feb 18 with 3668 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:38 - Feb 18 with 3640 viewsBackToRussia

Aside from every selection choice he made from the first XI to the subs?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:40 - Feb 18 with 3628 viewsJ2BLUE

In his press conference he said we were going there to try and win. He then said 'get something from the game' multiple times.

His starting XI

His subs

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:12 - Feb 18 with 3537 viewsEastTownBlue

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:26 - Feb 18 by Nazemariner

0-0 would have been far less painful. 1-1 leaves us gutted, and the scum delighted.

I just hope that it doesn't lift them for the remainder of the season.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:15 - Feb 18 with 3524 viewsSomethingBlue

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:38 - Feb 18 by BackToRussia

Maybe it's you whose ideas are too rigid. You paid attention to the names but seemingly not to a single second of a first half in which we pushed up high throughout and dominated. Obviously that happened despite Mick.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2018 20:16]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:19 - Feb 18 with 3503 viewsDarth_Koont

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:40 - Feb 18 by J2BLUE

In his press conference he said we were going there to try and win. He then said 'get something from the game' multiple times.

His starting XI

His subs

But you win games by containing the opposition and getting on the front foot which is what we did in the first half. No way were Knudsen and Iorfa sitting deep or we were getting players behind the ball.

Meanwhile our 4231, which is on the face of it "attacking", generally gets overrun and we're playing on the break.

I was much happier with today's lineup as a WINNING formation. Ditto the subs.

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:21 - Feb 18 with 3493 viewsDarth_Koont

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 19:38 - Feb 18 by BackToRussia

See above.

I completely disagree. Defence and attack are two sides of the same coin not just separate settings in Championship manager.

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:22 - Feb 18 with 3479 viewspoppiesman

Going 1-0 up then conceding that very late equaliser was gut wrenching and felt like a loss, whereas if it stayed 0-0 it would have felt like a well earned point.
So staying 0-0 would have made me feel better.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:25 - Feb 18 with 3460 viewsDyland

Yep, well put.

Fact is the budgies are still below us and looking pretty fooked. Good.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:56 - Feb 18 with 3388 viewsGarv

100% 0-0

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:58 - Feb 18 with 3377 viewspointofblue

Definitely 0-0. To concede in the 95th like that...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 21:03 - Feb 18 with 3351 viewsBackToRussia

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 20:21 - Feb 18 by Darth_Koont

See above.

I completely disagree. Defence and attack are two sides of the same coin not just separate settings in Championship manager.

I mean Chambers says the plan was to hold on and nick it at the end.

So the plan was essentially keep it 0-0 for the majority of the game and see what we could grab at the end.

You could say J2 is wrong on a technicality, but let's be honest, you can't exactly call that targeting a win can you.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 21:06 - Feb 18 with 3329 viewspatrickswell

It’s the most agonising form of drawing. When the board went up for 5 minutes I thought about the Sheffield Wednesday game and told myself that that was then and this was now. Just concentrate and watch the game. Then I thought Knudsen was going to run through and either score or set up Waghorn for the second. Then I was throwing a cushion at the lounge wall...

Those 4 dropped points between today and Sheff Weds would now see us 4 points off 6th place tonight. People may want to look at the season so far and claim the roof’s falling in, but the margins have been very small.
Would you have preferred 0-0? on 21:13 - Feb 18 with 3297 viewswkj

I think a chunk of the supporters were happy Norwich tied it up as they couldn't stand the idea of Mick McCarthy winning fans over for the win.

My personal feeling about the whole ordeal is anger because of how well Norwich responded in the second half, and MM didn't really have an answer. Granted Chambers scored and we had the upper hand, but we really should be playing with more consistency than what we saw today.

One of two things need to happen, a new manager with the belief in producing assertive football, or if Mick stays, a hefty war chest to add player which will allow MM to be more daring.

Injuries have had a big part to play in wrecking any hope of a good season for MM, but how he slipped into such bland football again despite the start of the season having youth players given a chance and creating something different is beyond me- I would be much happier mid table if our potential future stars got more involved, but really, we're just becoming Aldershot's feeder team in that regard.

That was quite some tangent I went on wasn't it?

Helloooo

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 22:17 - Feb 18 with 3162 viewsDarth_Koont

Would you have preferred 0-0? on 21:03 - Feb 18 by BackToRussia

I mean Chambers says the plan was to hold on and nick it at the end.

So the plan was essentially keep it 0-0 for the majority of the game and see what we could grab at the end.

You could say J2 is wrong on a technicality, but let's be honest, you can't exactly call that targeting a win can you.

Second half maybe hold on and nick it.

But we took the game to them in the first half so I can certainly call that targeting a win.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024