Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MM stays 12:15 - Feb 19 with 8984 viewsBurwell_Blue

Heard from a couple of my sources that Mick has agreed to stay for a futher 12 months, however this was before the weekends outburst, so I do not know if that has made a difference.

This was agreed in the last ten days, with multiple meetings between concerned parties. Mick has indicated to the players that this is the case.
MM stays on 12:17 - Feb 19 with 6706 viewsBenters2

FANtastic
MM stays on 12:17 - Feb 19 with 6700 viewsJ2BLUE

You've really hedged your bets there.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

MM stays on 12:21 - Feb 19 with 6650 viewsBlueBadger

Textbook Definite Info. Mention of 'sources', unlikely 'info', hints of knowledge of workings at the top level of the club and a 'of course things may have changed' to provide a 'get out' when it turns out to be b0llocks.
All that's missing for a perfect score is mention of a family member being an insider and/or the club's postman.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MM stays on 12:21 - Feb 19 with 6649 viewsGuthrum

From Evans' point of view, it makes a lot of sense. Who else can he leave to get on with things not needing much supervision, not demanding lots of money, already a known quantity and unlikely to get Town relegated?

Perhaps he doesn't think season tickets will take that much of a hit (for that matter, I doubt they'd really drop below 10k)? Or he simply believes success is possible and the fans will then come back (as they did, to some extent, between 2013 and 2015).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

MM stays on 12:24 - Feb 19 with 6605 viewsIllinoisblue

MM stays on 12:21 - Feb 19 by Guthrum

From Evans' point of view, it makes a lot of sense. Who else can he leave to get on with things not needing much supervision, not demanding lots of money, already a known quantity and unlikely to get Town relegated?

Perhaps he doesn't think season tickets will take that much of a hit (for that matter, I doubt they'd really drop below 10k)? Or he simply believes success is possible and the fans will then come back (as they did, to some extent, between 2013 and 2015).

But that leads to the wider issue of WTF is Evans’ plan for the future. He surely cant enjoy spunking x millions a year to be midtable in division 2.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

MM stays on 12:24 - Feb 19 with 6586 viewsitfcjoe

Wouldn't surprise me but think it would be a huge mistake

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

MM stays on 12:26 - Feb 19 with 6546 viewsSteve_M

MM stays on 12:24 - Feb 19 by Illinoisblue

But that leads to the wider issue of WTF is Evans’ plan for the future. He surely cant enjoy spunking x millions a year to be midtable in division 2.

It would fit with trying to sell the club though, steady presence to give any potential new owner a base to work from.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

MM stays on 12:31 - Feb 19 with 6467 viewshype313

MM stays on 12:26 - Feb 19 by Steve_M

It would fit with trying to sell the club though, steady presence to give any potential new owner a base to work from.

A disenfranchised support base with dwindling attendances? I don't think any potential investor is bothered about who is currently in charge. As we have seen with multiple clubs over the years, a new owner normally means a new manager, so I can't see how Mick staying would be that advantageous for any new investor.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

MM stays on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 6435 viewsGuthrum

MM stays on 12:24 - Feb 19 by Illinoisblue

Or he's paying that to be in the pot for the chance of promotion every season? Everybody starts level in August.

If he thinks it's possible to repeat 2015-15 - but successfully this time - then it may be worth the outlay. After all, it's largely chance factors (injuries) which have hamstrung this season. If everything goes right for a change, where might we finish?

On top of that, player sales have recently defrayed a chunk of that annual expense (Mings alone nearly covered a couple of seasons worth of outlay).

It all depends how much understanding Evans has of football in general in the Championship in particular. We simply don't know the answer to that.

MM stays on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 6417 viewsKieran_Knows

MM stays on 12:24 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

Wouldn't surprise me but think it would be a huge mistake

It would be more than a huge mistake in my opinion. Really would be the final nail in the coffin. But I can genuinely see it happening.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

MM stays on 12:37 - Feb 19 with 6369 viewsNo9

Hmmmmm! Not that surprising but it does suggest Mr Evans is probably going to flog the club OR, just let it drift down.
If this is true, it seems in his mind he has already accepted he can't afford a football club and has people working on how he can minimise his losses.
I would not understand any Owner, who had any ambition, sticking with the status quo
MM stays on 12:38 - Feb 19 with 6348 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

MM stays on 12:21 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Textbook Definite Info. Mention of 'sources', unlikely 'info', hints of knowledge of workings at the top level of the club and a 'of course things may have changed' to provide a 'get out' when it turns out to be b0llocks.
All that's missing for a perfect score is mention of a family member being an insider and/or the club's postman.

Poster has frequently been on the money as far as def info goes

If true then think this is a mistake - it’s time for a change

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

MM stays on 12:39 - Feb 19 with 6336 viewsIllinoisblue

MM stays on 12:26 - Feb 19 by Steve_M

That’s true in the context of it being easier to sell a Championship club than a League 1 club, but Evans surely can’t be blind to the current broken relationship between manager and fans, as well as the general air of pessimism and frustration. It will of course be the great irony if the Evans era ends with a world leading ticket seller unable to fill even half his own stadium.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

MM stays on 12:40 - Feb 19 with 6312 viewsPhilTWTD

MM stays on 12:31 - Feb 19 by hype313

A disenfranchised support base with dwindling attendances? I don't think any potential investor is bothered about who is currently in charge. As we have seen with multiple clubs over the years, a new owner normally means a new manager, so I can't see how Mick staying would be that advantageous for any new investor.

I was going to say the same, doing something which fairly obviously would reduce season ticket sales, attendances and probably also have an impact on sponsorship income is the last thing someone looking to sell a club would be doing. Not sure where the suggestion that ME is considering selling has come from.

And I very much doubt anything has been agreed re a new MM deal at this stage anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator
MM stays on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 6262 viewsSomethingBlue

I seem to remember you have got things right before.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

MM stays on 12:42 - Feb 19 with 6255 viewshype313

MM stays on 12:40 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

I was going to say the same, doing something which fairly obviously would reduce season ticket sales, attendances and probably also have an impact on sponsorship income is the last thing someone looking to sell a club would be doing. Not sure where the suggestion that ME is considering selling has come from.

And I very much doubt anything has been agreed re a new MM deal at this stage anyway.

Me neither, lots of conjecture, rather than reality.

But if that were the case, my point, and yours, still stands.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 12:43]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

MM stays on 12:46 - Feb 19 with 6192 viewshomer_123

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

MM stays on 12:47 - Feb 19 with 6186 viewsPhilTWTD

MM stays on 12:42 - Feb 19 by hype313

Me neither, lots of conjecture, rather than reality.

But if that were the case, my point, and yours, still stands.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 12:43]

I'd actually say the opposite re a sitting manager, that new owners often prefer to bring in their own man - Birmingham last season, for example - so an upcoming vacancy might be better for all concerned rather than a situation where an extant manager has to be paid off.
MM stays on 12:47 - Feb 19 with 6182 viewsFifeITFC

I love these people with "sources".

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

MM stays on 12:51 - Feb 19 with 6120 viewshampstead_blue

MM stays on 12:31 - Feb 19 by hype313

I think from the point of an investor, you've also got to include ME in that camp.
He invests a lot of money each year to keep the club stable. That isn't sustainable and it's been proven.

He and any other investor now know exactly what is required and that is ......many £'s to improve the playing squad.

Both MM and ME have done us proud. I do think MM should go if ME can find another manager who has better ideas......the problem is that they are very few and far between.

Cue an extension for MM and the call for a larger transfer and wage fund.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

MM stays on 12:53 - Feb 19 with 6103 viewsGuthrum

MM stays on 12:47 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

I'd actually say the opposite re a sitting manager, that new owners often prefer to bring in their own man - Birmingham last season, for example - so an upcoming vacancy might be better for all concerned rather than a situation where an extant manager has to be paid off.

Depends on the expected timescale for organising a deal. A one-season contract allows some selling/negotiating/repeated falling through time, without committing the new owner to anything long-term. Unless Evans can rely on getting everything sorted before June (3 to 4 months only), there's going to need to be some sort of manager in place.

MM stays on 12:53 - Feb 19 with 6088 viewsBlueBadger

MM stays on 12:38 - Feb 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Poster has frequently been on the money as far as def info goes

If true then think this is a mistake - it’s time for a change

A quick glance though the posting history doesn't really show anything of the sort..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

MM stays on 12:54 - Feb 19 with 6084 viewsOsborneOneNil

MM stays on 12:40 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

I really hope he hasn't agreed anything........need him gone.
MM stays on 13:00 - Feb 19 with 5991 viewsLimitlessBlue

would your sources be similar to my sources who told me totally different?

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

MM stays on 13:02 - Feb 19 with 5945 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

MM stays on 12:47 - Feb 19 by PhilTWTD

Wouldn’t the point here though be that with no buyer imminent, Evans could see it as being better off sticking with the safe pair of hands rather than gambling on a change that could see us in danger of the drop? We wouldn’t be able to carry a vacancy through next season after all

Obviously this is all hypothetical, of course!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 13:03]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024