Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. 14:08 - Feb 26 with 10594 viewsSpruceMoose

Why do you do this?

Genuine question.

If they moved kick off to 2:58pm would this help you?

Have you ever missed a wonderful moment by leaving early?
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 3:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 18:31 - Feb 26 with 4707 viewsHipsterectomy

I've had people around me come to their seats after 5 minutes, leave on the 40th for beer, come out on the 50th minute and then leave on the 80th to go home.

So 25 mins of a 90 min match. Now that is pointless.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 18:40 - Feb 26 with 4696 viewsCotton_eyed_joe

personally I used to leave early to beat the traffic out of Portman road car park as I hate queuing for an eternity and getting road rage with some idiots. This year due to lack of a crowd in PR I tend to leave after the final whistle as there much traffic. See Micks poor football has a plus side after all.
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 18:42 - Feb 26 with 4691 viewsRadlett_blue

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:43 - Feb 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I can only think of 2 games I’ve left early and both significantly so

Palace away when we lost 5-0 just after McCarthy took over (it was actually 4-0 when I left) and Fulham this season once we’d collapsed. On both occassions, getting an earlier train back from a midweek London game was the motivator, and I certainly didn’t regret either!

I left the Fulham game early as we'd gone down to 10 men, were 4-1 down & I didn't want to witness a massacre or Fulham playing keep ball.
I also missed Heskey scoring Liverpool's 6th goal at PR in 2002, but I had put up with 2 gloating Scousers sitting behind me for 89 minutes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 20:38 - Feb 26 with 4644 viewsbritbiker

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 16:32 - Feb 26 by WeirdFishes

Flipping it round, there’s a bloke who stands near me who is late to literally every game. Like 15/20 minutes late without fail, whatever the kick off time. I’ve never understood it.

There was a guy who used to come in 15 mins late every week in the Bobby Robson lower. He was quite old and stuffy and had a motorcycle helmet. He used to wear the same heavy jacket no matter how hot it was. Initially thought he may have been a program seller but he wasn't smart enough. He disappeared a couple of season ago. Also not heard the loudspeaker guy outside the ground for a long while either
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 20:40 - Feb 26 with 4640 viewsSpruceMoose

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 20:38 - Feb 26 by britbiker

There was a guy who used to come in 15 mins late every week in the Bobby Robson lower. He was quite old and stuffy and had a motorcycle helmet. He used to wear the same heavy jacket no matter how hot it was. Initially thought he may have been a program seller but he wasn't smart enough. He disappeared a couple of season ago. Also not heard the loudspeaker guy outside the ground for a long while either

There's an IQ minimum required for selling programs? Well I never.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 20:49 - Feb 26 with 4633 viewsstrikalite

My dear 'ol Dad used to always leave two minutes from the end to avoid the queues getting out...he'd also walk a good mile to get to the car, to avoid queues....I sometimes do it, but it'll be seconds before, it's quite an art..:)
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 20:56 - Feb 26 with 4624 viewsGlasgowBlue

I left the game against Coventry on the 90th minute when we were leading 2-1.

I got as far as the practice pitch when I heard a cheer from the Coventry fans. By the time I got to the car Pablo had scored the winner in a 3-2 victory.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 21:20 - Feb 26 with 4598 viewsBloomBlue

I have a bad leg if I don't leave a little bit earlier I miss my train home and then have to wait another 50 minutes for the next one, ideally could you ask them to change the train timetable
Login to get fewer ads

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 21:58 - Feb 26 with 4569 viewsSwailsey

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 20:56 - Feb 26 by GlasgowBlue

I left the game against Coventry on the 90th minute when we were leading 2-1.

I got as far as the practice pitch when I heard a cheer from the Coventry fans. By the time I got to the car Pablo had scored the winner in a 3-2 victory.

I (shockingly) missed that game, despite having a season ticket, to watch Colchester play Norwich at home, hoping for another 7:1.

Never again. I can’t understand why my dad and I did that.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 22:02 - Feb 26 with 4566 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:14 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

Trains after evening games mean a choice between the 21:43 train and a later, slow one with no beer on it. With connections, it makes nearly an hour of difference to getting home so I do leave on 90 minutes then.

Missed the odd goal - Knudsen against Fulham springs to mind - but not too often. The alternative is not going at all.

I left the midweek game 30 seconds from the end and ran to make that train last week

If I miss that, I miss the chinese shutting at 11:30 too.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 22:24 - Feb 26 with 4545 viewsBrixtonBlue

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 14:13 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

Can't get my head around this. Well, maybe if your team is 0-3 down.

My Dad did this to us once, and I've never done it since. It was a Tuesday night game v Wimbledon (I think) in the Zenith Data Systems Cup. We were 2-1 down and Dad decided to leave early to 'beat the traffic'. As we walked across the green outside Portman Road a huger roar went up. Great, we've missed a Town goal.

We drove back to Barkingside down the A12, no idea of the score. Once home, we checked Teletext......we had won 4-3 in extra time.

Gutted.

That was Luton wasn't it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 00:19 - Feb 27 with 4490 viewsFifeITFC

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 18:23 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

That may well be it, Louie Donowa was playing. 0-1 down as we left.

Either way, I was proper peeved to miss a late come back and extra time goals!

http://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&day=21&month=12&y

Thursday 21st December 1989, Full Members Cup. Doesn't say on the link about extra time, but I do seem to remember we possibly equalised very late in?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 06:05 - Feb 27 with 4454 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Agree with you. I sat through every minute of the 9-0 at Old Trafford. It's important to support your team right until the final whistle. Never forget the "we want 10" chants in the final moments.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 06:45 - Feb 27 with 4442 viewsBenters2

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 15:51 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

There was no judgement! I was just curious as to what people's reasons were and if they had ever missed anything memorable.

Funny thing to think about though isnt it?

I never leave early, its wanting to go in the first place which is the hardest thing at the mo.
People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:05 - Feb 27 with 4435 viewsBenters2

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 22:02 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I left the midweek game 30 seconds from the end and ran to make that train last week

3rd World problems..
People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:31 - Feb 27 with 4425 viewsJimmyJazz

Sorry, but it's absolute bonkers. It's like going to the cinema, and planning in advance to leave 5 minutes before the film ends. If it's a problem to leave on time, why go at all?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:40 - Feb 27 with 4423 viewsBenters2

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:31 - Feb 27 by JimmyJazz

Sorry, but it's absolute bonkers. It's like going to the cinema, and planning in advance to leave 5 minutes before the film ends. If it's a problem to leave on time, why go at all?

I know people who have left at half time,so to go the full 90 you must be in line for a badge or something?
People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:45 - Feb 27 with 4419 viewsJimmyJazz

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:40 - Feb 27 by Benters2

I know people who have left at half time,so to go the full 90 you must be in line for a badge or something?

I've left a film after about half an hour, because it's rubbish. That's OK, because it's not pre-planned, and not something you would do on a regular basis

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:52 - Feb 27 with 4413 viewsGlasgowBlue

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 07:31 - Feb 27 by JimmyJazz

For me, the difference between leaving at the 90th minute and bearing the traffic, or staying for 3/4 mins injury time could mean the difference between catching my flight home or missing it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 08:19 - Feb 27 with 4396 viewsSteve_M

People of TWTD that leave the game in the 88th minute. on 22:02 - Feb 26 by The_Romford_Blue

You should have come and found us and had a beer or two on the way back.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 08:29 - Feb 27 with 4389 viewsitfcjoe

I don't really get it, obviously some people have their reasons, but people around me leave at exactly the same time each week - sometimes as soon as it clicks over to 85 minutes.

I can understand if game been delayed slightly and lots of injury time and transport going to be missed etc - but just seems pointless to miss the end of the game and therefore the outcome.

Some miss the first 5-10 minutes in the pub, but ultimately you can catch that up quite easily and you know what is going on and how it finishes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 08:33 - Feb 27 with 4389 viewsBluebell

If we park in Ipswich it takes an extra half an hour to get home so what we do at the moment is park at Stowmarket and catch a train to Ipswich for games.

The problem with that is that the train back to Stowmarket leaves Ipswich station at 5.08 so if the game has a lot of injury time, it makes it tight to catch that train so a couple of times we have had to leave early.

Bearing in mind we have a 2 and a half hour journey from Stowmarket to get home, the extra 30 minutes waiting for the next train is annoying. Shame the train companies don't allow for such eventualities.
People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 08:49 - Feb 27 with 4382 viewssundaze

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 06:05 - Feb 27 by BrettenhamBlue

Agree with you. I sat through every minute of the 9-0 at Old Trafford. It's important to support your team right until the final whistle. Never forget the "we want 10" chants in the final moments.

That brings back painful memories, but I will admit to leaving early from that one. This was definitely one occasion when the team didn't deserve the fans support, they should have been fined a weeks wages and the money should have been divided between travelling supporters and local charities.
People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 10:40 - Feb 27 with 4349 viewsLeaky

Yes when we lost 7-1 to Peterborough, we left at 4-1 went to Charters Bar, every time a town fan came in Posh had scored another goal got to 7 suggested to the barman he should close up before they hit 10
People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 12:43 - Feb 27 with 4326 viewsBlueNomad

People of TWTD who leave the game in the 88th minute. on 06:05 - Feb 27 by BrettenhamBlue

The 8th goal should have been disallowed. I still feel bitter about that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024